*Author

poison venom

why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381958#msg381958
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:45:10 am »
i have been playin elements just after sundial came in the game, an fell in love with the game, played everyday an every free hour, loved framing the false gods.
After getting all my cards upgrade, the game became dull, i slowly lose interest an stop playin. But every now an again i still use to check to see what's new.   
Everytime something new came to element's, i get interested again. But what im tryin to say, it take's too long!
But i have to say that arena is something :D But how long again for something NEW.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381959#msg381959
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:50:40 am »
Because it takes time to come up with new cards and make changes maybe?
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381960#msg381960
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 02:51:14 am »
There's one developer and he has a job besides Elements.
Also, it is a lot better to have a few balanced cards then lots of imbalanced cards.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline maverixk

• Reputation Power: 7
  • maverixk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I have an 'x' instead of a 'c'. I know you jellin'
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381963#msg381963
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 02:59:02 am »
Well, the balancing process takes a long time and the voting takes a while. Plus like RootRanger said, Zanzorino has a job that isn't Elements.
"Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree." -House

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381964#msg381964
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 02:59:34 am »
The development team consists of just one person: Zanz himself. He's been putting out new high-quality updates at a surprisingly fast pace for just a single developer. You really have to make your own fun if you've already upped six copies of every non-Pillar/Pend card and 15 of each Pillar/Pend.

Forum-sponsored PvP is the best place to start. From our weekend tournaments (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html) that take an afternoon to play through to our various longer PvP Events (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,190.0.html), there's something for everyone.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg381971#msg381971
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:18 am »
To be more specific, Zanzarino is a freelance web designer/artist, one of his major projects being Elements the Game. 
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

poison venom

Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg382002#msg382002
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:52:07 am »
Zanz is working on turning the shards into a full series! o:

TL;DR version:

•New shard on the In Development page: Shard of Sacrifice ( :death shard)
◦SoS will turn healing into damage and damage into healing for 5 turns(SoS is only usable on yourself)
◦Miracle will set your HP to 1 under the effects of SoS
•Existing shards will be moved to different elements: SoG to :life , SoD to :light , and SoR to :time
•There will be one shard for each element
•All 12 shards will be rare and only available through donations and the Arena
•All 12 shards will be usable unupped, but the upped versions will be easier/better to use
•Each shard will likely favour one particular element using it (SoS drains all but :death  quanta, SoR will give a further buff to :time  creatures, etc.)
•Shards will stack like Pillars, but there will be no way to clear multiple shards in a stack at once (for now)
:fire shard will inflict burns on your opponent (similar to a Poison effect) -- Purify will remove burns
:water shard will freeze a targeted permanent (effectively turning it off) for three turns
:aether shard will do 5 spell damage each turn
•The new shards will be released in two instalments of 6 shards each over the next two major version updates

well this is whats new

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg382117#msg382117
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:17 pm »
You're just copypasting known info from other threads here.

On topic, Elements is Zanzarino's portfolio project; something he can point at and say "I did that". Therefore, he does have to do most of the developing, and with him having a paid job as a web designer, this is the pace we've all gotten used to. I don't mind it; pushing out too many new cards would make the metagame quite unstable and difficult to grasp for someone with less than unlimited free time.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

GABRIELCORSO

Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg382378#msg382378
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:51 am »
@offtopic:ppl i cant search in the forum!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: why do they take so long to bring new cards in the game? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30036.msg382656#msg382656
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 04:49:06 pm »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

blarg: