*Author

Offline lava golem

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lava golem is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fire
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg211243#msg211243
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 12:21:23 am »
Thing about rainbow decks are that they can use a bit of everything and focus on something powerful that's powered by their mark, like using antimatters and Snovas with entropy mark. But monos, duos and trios focus on a few elements, therefore boosting the power of those elements to nearly the max when it's a mono or duo. Rainbows are just more diverse.
lava golems are the best creatures in the game cause I said so

Kuross

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg211288#msg211288
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 01:31:15 am »
Aside from the rainbow debate, the OP did have an interesting idea- creatures get bonuses for sharing the same element as the mark.

Although the OP's idea is a bit OP, I'd be fine with "If 4 or more creatures on your side of the field share the same element as the mark you are playing, and no other creatures from other elements are in play on your side, all creatures you control get +1/+1." I could even stack with Eclipse if it isn't too OP.

However it could/would theoretically work, there's no doubt more emphasis could be applied to mono decks, or at least mono creature decks with spalshed permanents and spells. Point is I think the idea has merit and worthy of discussion.

Offline AjitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg211766#msg211766
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:56 pm »
Ah thanks for the consideration Kuross.

That wouldn't be bad at all I don't think.  Only people who never really benefit from +/+ boosting are people that beat opponents by methods other that a creature beat down.

_____

Perhaps up the cost of ALL cards in the game by one quanta (minus special stuff like Nova)

Then, any cards that your mark shares with gets a one quanta cost reduction

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg213014#msg213014
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 11:47:44 pm »
I think that if you really insist on strengthening mono decks, you just keep it simple. Instead of creating strange situational rules, create a card that is strong against rainbows or it helps monos. Examples of this are black hole and nightfall.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Demut

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg213537#msg213537
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »
I think that if you really insist on strengthening mono decks, you just keep it simple. Instead of creating strange situational rules, create a card that is strong against rainbows or it helps monos. Examples of this are black hole and nightfall.
That is a bad idea. A soft counter mesh is good, creating hard counters is bad.

Rainmaker

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg215450#msg215450
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:45 am »
The weakes point in rainbow decks are:
+quanta stock
+card drawing
+build up

That said, most effectives decks against rainbow are the ones that messes with you quanta (black holes, gravity nymbhs); and the ones that build up a lot faster than rainbows (usually upped mono or duo decks, like fire rush, graboid shrieker, life rush); and the ones that shut downs (deflagration [fire], destroy [gravity or entropy]).

There only alternative is a speedbow deck, but those lack of control cards (pulverizers, deflagration, oughtys, etc)

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg215967#msg215967
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 12:41:36 am »
Your buff method isn't fool proof either. I can run a fractal/ball lightning deck and easily win so many games because it'll be 0 quanta for as many 6|1 creatures as I want.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg217283#msg217283
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 03:39:08 pm »
Rainbow decks aren't as awesome as you think, period.  That's really the whole focus of the argument, and it's wrong.

Rainbow decks:
* Have consistency issues (i.e. they don't play the same)
* Have inherent quanta limits (i.e. they can't play really expensive cards of any given element except Fire)
* Are very prone to getting slaughtered by quick quanta denial (to prevent Supernovas)
* Are more prone to bad draws (because they rely on Supernova) OR are relatively slow (if they rely on QTs)
* Are easy to stall out (because they need exactly 30 cards to maximize the chance of drawing Supernova) OR slow again.

In short, if you think rainbow decks are awesome, it's because your playstyle has a weakness, not because the decks are themselves superior.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

blarg: