*Author

Offline AjitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210257#msg210257
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:11:10 pm »
Hey guys, I'm still very new to the game, but hear me out.

OK the mechanics of this game is to not have anything in it overpowering right?  So I've heard that Rainbow decks are the best.  Lame.  Why would anyone make a mono- or duo-deck if they are pre-destined to not compare with Rainbows?

So, this leads me to thinking of ways to power mono-decks.  How about this;

What if any creatures that match your mark on your field gain like +1/+0 or +0/+1?  Nothing too OP, but just a little something to give mono-decks a boost.

p.s. sorry if this has been suggested before! haha

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210266#msg210266
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
So I've heard that Rainbow decks are the best.  Lame.  Why would anyone make a mono- or duo-deck if they are pre-destined to not compare with Rainbows?
Try using Black Holes.

Rainbow decks are not the "best". There are no "best" deck or deck type in Elements. If you're under the impression that rainbow decks are better than all other decks, you're wrong.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210279#msg210279
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »
Don't believe everything you hear.  There are countless decks which counter Rainbows perfectly.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Mastermind79

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210284#msg210284
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:34 pm »
I think the real problem is adaptability here. Rainbow can do next to anything as long as it's in the game. Mono-decks can only use what's in their element. Also, rainbows can choose from the best, while monos are more limited. Right now, the only truly "balanced" monos are fire and darkness. EDIT: and :entropy now that i considered

I think this is more of a problem of limited card choice within each element.

• Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210301#msg210301
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »
OK then, I was under the impression they were OP, but if you say so.

On the other hand, I know about Black Holes, but that's a counter card, useless against mono- and duo- decks.  I've heard from members that building a deck to counter other specific decks is no good.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210336#msg210336
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:26:54 pm »
On the other hand, I know about Black Holes, but that's a counter card, useless against mono- and duo- decks.
Discord + Black Hole. Scramble your opponent's quanta, then use Black Hole to suck them up.

I've heard from members that building a deck to counter other specific decks is no good.
I don't get your logic here. Are you saying that we shouldn't build specific counter decks? Why not? There is nothing wrong with specifically designing decks to counter other decks.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210371#msg210371
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 12:28:51 am »
well if you choose to go with Discord, its useless against a Rainbow deck.  Catch 22.

Anyways yeah I was saying its not good to build decks just to counter another deck, but only because that's what I've heard.  If that's not true, then nevermind.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210406#msg210406
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:44 am »
well if you choose to go with Discord, its useless against a Rainbow deck.  Catch 22.
Discord can still manage to slow down rainbows in the early stages of the game (if drawn early), and also after using a Black Hole.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

genraenera

Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210433#msg210433
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 01:39:33 am »
Monos and duos are not underpowered in any way.  I'm not going to get into a debate over which deck is best for what, but there are plenty of absurdly good mono, duo and trio decks out there.

Offline thatnewguy

• thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210444#msg210444
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 01:55:54 am »
although i do love rainbows, i do believe some mono decks are extremely powerful as it is now (see life rush or fire rush). i voted no for mono buffs because then it would just be ridiculous how much stronger some decks would become.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg210762#msg210762
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:18 pm »
9 times out of 10 and my duo deck will crush T50 rainbows.  Its main weakness?  Life rushes.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Rainbow Decks are awesome, and that's stupid. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16427.msg211182#msg211182
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:54:56 pm »
Certain strategies are effective against rainbows, and others are best against mono/duo. Remember that a great way to beat a mono/duo deck is with a mono/due deck: darkness, entropy, or entropy/gravity.
Somehow still around, somewhat

anything
blarg: