*Author

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51220#msg51220
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 03:49:15 pm »
Before I post anything
Apologies to not read everything before I post, but i will edit the below

If no one has ever said yet
Since you want to boost Mono decks, I think it should only work if you have say 2 of the pillar that match the mark and no other pillars

Offline MalissinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Malissin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not So New to Elements
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51221#msg51221
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »
I think this is a great idea.  Imagine how could death would be with the ability and condor+boneyard+aflatoxin.  As to how these could be implemented, make it an untargetable artifact.  Along with shield, weapon, and mark, there could be "Affinity" or something along those lines.  As to water, you could make creatures stay frozen for 1 turn longer, although that might be too good.
I like the Affinity idea.  I think that's really a great idea to just make there be a slot for it.  I thought about extended freeze, but the few times I've played with water I just ended up using squids that froze as the enemy unfroze and it was never much of a problem.  Maybe something like "Enemy creatures might freeze as they come into play" instead?  I use might because that's the language of the ice shield, and I'm not really sure what the % chances are with it.  I actually like that a bit better than the immunity to poison, since the majority of decks don't use poison. 

Any thoughts?

And as I was typing this, xdude writes...

IMO, I think Light's bonus is useless. It's not like healing creatures is any good anyways. How about something like "Player begins with 150 (or another number) max health, but with only 100 Health"?

IDK if I was clear, but what I meant is that at the start of a game a player's health would be 100 HP, but any form of healing could get it up to 150 (or another number).

About water : How about "Each non-water creatures come into play frozen for 1 turn" So, in the first turn it is frozen, thus it cannot attack.

No passive idea about the Death card though, how about boneyard effect? ("Each time a creature is killed, 1 skeleton is created on your side of the board/field/whatever it's called")
So yeah, I think the freezing as you come into play is probably better.  Anyone like freeze for 1 turn or might freeze better? 

The only problem with a higher max health for light, is I feel like that's something Earth does, while light doesn't.  How about "All healing affects for Player and Creatures under your control are doubled."?  Makes Holy Light and the Angel's abilities twice as effective.  With 6 Holy Lights in your deck, you're potentially getting an extra 120 Health now.

And as far as death goes, I think it having an active ability is fine really.  I'm not so sure about just giving the player another boneyard.  It just doesn't seem that special.  Which actually makes me think that the entropy ability isn't all that great either.  I might consider something like gaining 6 (or 9 or 12) random quanta per turn.  I really would just want the player to be able to use any abilities they created, so maybe it could just be "All creature abilities use :entropy quanta." instead. 

Thoughts?

dekskose

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51226#msg51226
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:44 pm »
opponent creatures got a 75% chances if they come in the field to get poisoned (im now seeing your point better i think non of them were op couse well if u look at rainbow decks theyre kinda normal D couse lets say gravity you may got an 0/7 oty but you still cant protect it with cards like quint or heavy armor so its all fair)

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51232#msg51232
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »
IDK, making Holy Light as good as Heal doesn't seem too fair.

Also, giving Earth more max HP won't help more than giving, say, Fire more max HP, but it will totally give Light an advantage, thanks to Miracles.
Also, you could just give Earth "All creatures come into play burrowed" or something.

IMO, the bonus wouldn't have to be specific to a certain element, but it would have to help that element, Like the Alchemy cards.

P.S.: Ninja'd  8)

EDIT: dekskose is right, but maybe with a lower chance (50%?)
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

dekskose

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51236#msg51236
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »
Also, you could just give Earth "All creatures come into play burrowed" or something.

this would not be good couse what if u dont want them burrowed to use your effects on themi would more say dmg dealt to you is reduced by 1 or so so with dimond shield -4 dmg

Reefa

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51243#msg51243
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 04:37:50 pm »
Where can I upgrade my ... - oh, wait.

Good idea, although I feel a few specials way to strong (such as fire, gravity), or weak (f.e. earth).

Regards, Reefa.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51246#msg51246
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 04:48:38 pm »

this would not be good couse what if u dont want them burrowed to use your effects on themi would more say dmg dealt to you is reduced by 1 or so so with dimond shield -4 dmg
Well, you DO know that this mainly refers to your OWN creatures, dontcha? Also, the quote button is there for a reason :P
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

Offline MalissinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Malissin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not So New to Elements
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51254#msg51254
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 05:11:32 pm »
Let me start by saying, thank you to xdude and dekskose for providing suggestions for possible changes. 

IDK, making Holy Light as good as Heal doesn't seem too fair.

Also, giving Earth more max HP won't help more than giving, say, Fire more max HP, but it will totally give Light an advantage, thanks to Miracles.

IMO, the bonus wouldn't have to be specific to a certain element, but it would have to help that element, Like the Alchemy cards.
EDIT: dekskose is right, but maybe with a lower chance (50%?)
I do really appreciate having the reigning Master of Light to bounce ideas off of for things that would help a mono light deck fight a FG btw.  How about this..."All Healing spells played this turn go into effect when the Player is reduced to 0 HP."  Meaning that if you played a miracle with 20 HP left, and your opponent hits you with 4 10/10 creatures, you'd have 79 HP at the start of your next turn.  Makes your healing better, in what I think is a unique to light kinda way. 

I think autoburrowing your Earth creatures would really only hurt Earth in the long run.  It would slow down all of your damage dealing.  How about a constant damage reduction?  Like a -1 that stacked with whatever shield you played, giving a potential -4 with a Diamond Shield?

opponent creatures got a 75% chances if they come in the field to get poisoned
That's actually perfect.  It would provide you excellent fodder for your boneyards/shields since you no longer have access to Rain of Fires to do massive killing.  Sort of prevents aflatoxin from working on the opponent though, so maybe a provision to make Malignant Cells immune to the affect would help as well.  I don't think 75% is too high, considering Thorn Carapace has the same and they're still going to hit you on the first round even if they only have 1 health.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51257#msg51257
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 05:23:47 pm »
That is nice Malissin, but, this turn thing sounds like a spell more than a permanent effect. How about "All Healing spells played go into effect when the Player is reduced to 0 HP." This is a very unique idea, I LOVE it.
Personal text by Cheesy

standizzle

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51268#msg51268
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 05:49:34 pm »
well that was a lot to read on all posts.... but, ive read them all and here are my thoughts.

1- splendid idea... seriously. there is definatly something, and i mean something, that has to be done for PVE/mono decks to do something against  false gods. PVP is a compeltely different thing, and i think it would be OP as shit to have these abilities in a regular match versus something say during a tourny. but vs PVE this makes obvious sense to implement in some type of form.

2- probably would change the game too much.... not to mention all the coding that would go with this... it would probably not be a 1.23-1.24 patch, but a 2.0 patch that would completely change everything and take months to do... if it was possible to even do so.

3-although a couple of your suggested abilities are perfect, some are overpowered, or for others underpowered, for this idea to work, ALL must be "equal" in every sence of the word, as well as giving rainbow some type of ability.... to make it balanced, which kind of goes against your point ... ; /

4-my only problem, and you talked about it a little... and i just raise one question... Why wouldn't new cards erase this whole idea? add in 3-5 new cards for each element, and it changes this entire arguement, since FG's have fixed decks without cards from even this current pack of new cards.

5-cheers ;)

xdawnbydeath

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51277#msg51277
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 05:59:59 pm »
If rainbow had to have an ability, I would make it generate 3 random quanta at the end of the turn.  For entropy, you could get a random card at the end of your turn added to your hand.  Question: Are other cards allowed in a mono deck? 

Arondight

Re: Giving Mono a Boost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5148.msg51364#msg51364
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 10:01:19 pm »
It's a great idea, but it doesn't really seem like "giving 'Mono' a boost" in the end. It's more like giving the whole Elements game play a boost, which is great. As Yalidilae said, though, it would make sense if it only came into effect while owning a pillar or tower (or two even) of the same elemental mark if it's to boost Mono. Or maybe something even more limiting like having at least half of your deck of the same element as your elemental mark to get the effect to work. Seeing as Rainbow decks have the advantage of amazing versatility, I think it would make sense to have at least half the deck quantity the same as your elemental mark in order for it to take effect. I think then, it would justify some of those powerful effects you posted. Because having a Water mark without any kinks to it makes Scorpio useless as a FG as an example.  :) (Not that I've seen any water mark god farming decks before, though..) But, once again, I have to say it's a great idea.

More thoughts about the effects in particular:

Entropy: I think it fits in nicely, making Mutations more and more fun and efficient to play.

Death: Seems like it works, seeing as there's Afflatoxin and and Boneyard/Graveyard. Sacrifice a Malignant cell then sacrifice an Elite Skeleton or two, make Bone Walls pretty impenetrable through normal means.. seeing as you have to tear down each of its counters one by one. Might need some work on this one.

Gravity: I like this idea. Seeing as Otyughs are widely played, it would be nice if the gravity inclined player would have a small advantage over the Rainbow inclined player.

Earth: I don't really like this effect much, as I see it as being a bit weak in comparison to the others. Probably an innate damage reduction of 1 would be more suitable.

Life: Seems okay, but Life already has Feral Bond and Heals. So, perhaps this one should have the "All of your creatures heal 1HP every turn" effect. Life should thrive with this mark, right?

Fire: This would be really nice. Seeing as there is a trend for low HP fire creatures with high attack.

Water: Limited and not the best idea as stated. I'm not sure what's more suitable though.. perhaps your opponent's creature's freeze/congeal for an extra turn?

Light: I think this element would use the increased max HP effect more efficiently than for Earth. 120 HP would be a lot, considering how the person can use miracles.

Air: I think it would probably make more sense to do 1 damage for each  :air creature you have in play, not just any.

Time: No suggestions here, it's great.

Darkness: The effect doesn't seem that great, really. It would have quite an effect if you had an abundant amount of dark quanta saved up to summon several creatures, but it seems a bit limited overall, though. I'm not sure what to suggest for this, though..

Aether: No suggestions here, I think having a another face for immortal creatures is interesting.

blarg: