*Author

Offline ShrinkTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg432823#msg432823
« on: November 30, 2011, 03:16:00 pm »
Alrighty now I don't know any card games that don't have this feature in real life or online. It seems like this would have been brought up before. I kinda want EtG to challenge me a little more - make me make decks that I haven't wanted to try to make. Why not replace the bazaar with (or add) packs of cards? You could buy packs of a certain element or go for a rainbow pack filled with cards of every element. Then there would be packs that cost more or less based on if it only has common cards, a rare, or an upped card! Now you could say that the packs should all be the same price and getting a rare or upped card should be out out of shear luck, but I honestly don't think there are enough cards in EtG. Maybe, there can be packs that correlate with the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum League. You could have a higher chance to get an upped or rare depending on what league you're battling. I don't mean to undermine what EtG has become, but I think this little twist would gain a lot of interest.

-Shrink
Doctor Death

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg432831#msg432831
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »
Well, i don't think there are enough cards to do that, besides, with 2 years into the game, implementing it now seems unfair to newer players.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433160#msg433160
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:46:18 am »
Certainly sounds very interesting, but it would make getting the card you want much harder. Perhaps keep the bazaar as it is, but offer the choice of something like "5 random cards for 250  :electrum"

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433171#msg433171
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:57:35 am »
I like the bazaar. Since a good part of the game requires you to get a decent farming deck, making you get random cards is bad. Yes encouraging new decks is a good idea, but elements newbies will feel even more resentment towards the older players. Now not only would we not have access to as many rares as they were able to farmin t50, but we couldnt even build a decent grinder for a good while. Nice idea, but leave it to other games.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433189#msg433189
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:56:44 am »
The idea of booster packs sounds good, but the Elements card  base is a bit too small to be able to do things like that, IMHO.
Currently it's best that newbies have access to all the nonrares since as Naesala stated farming is an key part of the game.
Perhaps once all Elements have a solid card base, we could start introducing "Uncommons" and a booster pack option within the game, though.

• Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433193#msg433193
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:37 am »
Yea I agree with everyone that EtG doesn't have enough cards. I thought I mentioned that haha :) I like the "What am I gunna get!?" feeling, so that's why I brought this up.
Doctor Death

david707

Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433538#msg433538
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
I'd rather keep the Bazaar, as if you want to build a specific deck it is quite easy to do, but under your system it'd be quite hard.

Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433572#msg433572
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:28 am »
I'd rather keep the Bazaar, as if you want to build a specific deck it is quite easy to do, but under your system it'd be quite hard.
I just like being challenged. I understand that it's convenient to have that easy way out, but I think adding a little more difficulty to deck creation would be interesting.

I wouldn't want to remove the bazaar right away, but gradually.

Also, it would be cool if there were tournaments where you're given packs of cards to create a deck with.

There are really a lot of opportunities that would open up if there were packs were brought to the game - I've only named some.
Doctor Death

Firenotes

Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433589#msg433589
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 12:41:12 am »
Add in boosters at a high price with the chance at nymphs and shards? I'd easily pay 5-10k for a chance at some of the non-buyables without having to grind for them exclusively. Definitly keep the bazaar, but adding boosters is a great idea.

Contrary

Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433619#msg433619
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:25 am »
A part of the TCG experience I miss in Elements is booster packs- but I don't really think it would work, due to the lower amount of cards and more importantly, the low amount of redundant cards.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433640#msg433640
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 02:04:47 am »
If we added booster packs in place of the bazaar, it'd have to become a TCG.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Re: Destroying the Bazaar?!? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34316.msg433643#msg433643
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 02:06:30 am »
If we added booster packs in place of the bazaar, it'd have to become a TCG.
The bazaar does not need to be completely removed.. maybe the spin could be updated to return a pack of cards? I dunno, just ideas.
Doctor Death

blarg: