*Author

Offline GyrodiotTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Gyrodiot is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg151895#msg151895
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:28 am »
This is a completely random idea I just had. I was reading the Second Upgrade thread on General Discussion board, and saw this :

Many people have quit Elements because of the grind, veterans included.
So, I believe this idea has already been submitted long time ago, but :

What about an auto-grind mode ? It would work like this :
  • You load your favorite grinder deck and click on "Autogrind mode"
  • You choose an opponent (AI2, AI3, AI5, T50, FG)
  • You choose an amount of money (autogrind will stop if you lose it)
  • You choose an amount of time (up to, like, 12 hours)
  • You keep Elements open and go outside.
The AI would play your deck against itself. Of course, AI has severe strategy flaws, so it would be impossible to grind FG with this option. But for lower levels, it would work. You wouldn't be able to play by yourself during autogrind mode, and each turn would last, say, 5-10 seconds. The spins would NOT be activated.

... but that's just a random idea  ;D
Went AWOL. No reason.
Now silent. May return.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg151923#msg151923
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »
Solve the fact that people get bored with the game as they only grind by allowing them to progress without even playing the game? No. Add new features that would add variety to the game, such as daily quests? Yes.
I had a lot of fun grinding for my first upped T50 deck, and then anti-FG deck. After having made a couple other upped decks, I moved to working more with the community. Game-wise, it's mainly PvP and testing decks now, but I also have no need for more electrum. Letting people progress without playing the game would destroy the point of score, and the reward of working for what you want.
If you want to make it easier to get into T50, a separate T50 ladder that spans over a period of time would be fair, unlike this.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Kurohami

Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg151942#msg151942
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:26:51 pm »
This idea is bad. When auto-grinding, the player is not actually playing the game, so what's the point? Having auto-grind just give you electrum. If you are going to have auto-grind, why not just give out free electrum.

King of doom

Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg151974#msg151974
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »
I agree on this because I almost quit because of grind

bigbadbanana

Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg152011#msg152011
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:07:49 pm »
This.
Solve the fact that people get bored with the game as they only grind by allowing them to progress without even playing the game? No. Add new features that would add variety to the game, such as daily quests? Yes.
I had a lot of fun grinding for my first upped T50 deck, and then anti-FG deck. After having made a couple other upped decks, I moved to working more with the community. Game-wise, it's mainly PvP and testing decks now, but I also have no need for more electrum. Letting people progress without playing the game would destroy the point of score, and the reward of working for what you want.
If you want to make it easier to get into T50, a separate T50 ladder that spans over a period of time would be fair, unlike this.
And This.
This idea is bad. When auto-grinding, the player is not actually playing the game, so what's the point? Having auto-grind just give you electrum. If you are going to have auto-grind, why not just give out free electrum.
I agree, autogrind is a bad idea. Besides, wouldn't it be impossible to get into Top50 that way? Everyone would just set autogrind on A13 for 24 hours with their Upgraded speedbow and profit ridiculously without doing anything.

Offline GyrodiotTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Gyrodiot is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg152056#msg152056
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:15:25 pm »
Random idea is random... and bad ;)

Well, I suppose that we will have to find new ways to break the daily routine. I don't know how many players don't know about the forums, and the already existing ways to not grinding all the time.

Some hours after posting, I figured out that auto-grind is just free electrum, that's right...

Thanks for your replies ! I'll come with better ideas next time...
Went AWOL. No reason.
Now silent. May return.

JCG

Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165455#msg165455
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 02:56:48 am »
so in other words... If this WAS too happen, your basically saying ''lets allow botters and hackers too play'' think about it... if you can play the game WITHOUT even being there.. is that not technically concidered a macro?... just my 2 cents

Kuross

Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165664#msg165664
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 02:43:08 pm »
I feel this would turn out to be my AI vs the game's AI in an all out battle of which algorithm wins using decks as the median. All I would need then is to have the results of my matches emailed to me! It's on par with having a remote to get the TV remote that's 3' away from you on the couch :P

General consensus here- 'tis a no-go  ;)

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165704#msg165704
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 03:55:45 pm »
Bad plan. If you really want the electrums, read the forum well, upgrade 30 cards and farm the FG's for cards...

The problem is the FG's are hard to beat. They require a very specific strategy. Finding a deck on your own is not easy, and the forum can get cluttered. (Topics are never updated, so you could well buy a miserable deck. 30 cards down the drain) Best is actually the Wiki, if it stays updated.

I have a load of earth cards and that never bothered me. But.. Now that I can win cards from the FG's it's all so much easier. I can only do that because I copied some stuff right off the forum. That's right...all my ideas in the trainer failed.

People are punished quite a bit for experimenting.. ''Some fun deck'' can set you back weeks.
You need to read pretty well to find a working anti FG deck right away. If you're not careful it is outdated.

Maybe something can be done against this instead. Better structuring of info, archiving/updating of threads with pre update decks etc.
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165711#msg165711
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 04:12:56 pm »
There's no actual need to farm FG's, since you can make almost as much from T50 in the same amount of time. However, once you've grinded a good bit against one opponent, you need variety. For me, speed poison was so fun it took long enough for that to happen that I was rich when it did. There's the trainer for testing, of course, though for some it takes time to find out about it. To be honest though, that's fine with me. Doing research is part of playing a game for me, and I'd like for it to remain that way.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165725#msg165725
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »
Yes, but you are talking about experienced gamers who play a lot and sift through the information quite meticulously... In essence, that rules out children and casual gamers.  :))

And I do not understand what you are saying... I won 20 cards quite quickly when I started to fight the FGs.. Won almost a whole new deck in a weekend. What else can do that
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
Re: Auto-grind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg165749#msg165749
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21:24 pm »
Not about cards. You can't decide what to win when you grind, so you just grind for cash. When it comes to electrum, you can make about as much in T50. As for kids and casuals, it doesn't take much to notice the trainer, honestly.

blarg: