*Author

Offline ProBaconTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ProBacon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Best Bacon
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Alternate Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61023.msg1220832#msg1220832
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:54:31 am »
I feel like there should be a whole new level of rare cards. We are all aware that some cards in the game have had their art changed. What if there was a way to gain access to cards with their original art. These cards can be used and decks as per their usual way, the only difference is the way they look. This would be a cool way to show off what cards with alternate art that people have collected. The cards could be obtained by a number of ways such as rare spinner wins when (if) you beat a false-god, they could be obtained via code won in a tourney. Even if it were to go a bit deeper, we ,the people of the forums, could create, upload and maybe get their art to be a new alternate art for a card. Again this would serve no purpose other than add a bit more to the aesthetic side to the game. I hope you guys like the idea.

Thanks! ProB
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:11:00 am by ProBacon »
:air War 11 - Team Air :air
:darkness War 13 - Team Darkness :darkness
:life War 14 - Team Life :life
The mind is your only true companion

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Alternate Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61023.msg1220833#msg1220833
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 03:14:01 am »
I actually had this idea not too long ago when trying to think of an 'electrum sink' for the game.  At this point, I'd be willing to spend a very great deal of electrum just to pimp out my collection with things like alternate art cards.  However, it requires 1) a good artist and 2) an active developer.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Alternate Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61023.msg1220834#msg1220834
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:25 am »
I think I vaguely remember people asking about keeping the old art in the game in some form before, and the answer was that it took up too much space to store duplicate images for each card, or something like that. I like the idea though!
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline joebob555

• Reputation Power: 0
  • joebob555 hides under a Cloak.
  • Elemental
Re: Alternate Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61023.msg1224992#msg1224992
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 04:31:01 am »
I would gladly pay a million electrum for the old style Light Tower. I loved that thing. It would just be weird though if it stacked with other towers.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:33:32 am by joebob555 »
:light

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Alternate Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61023.msg1224995#msg1224995
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 05:39:44 am »
lol i still remember the old arts

all the pillars was awesome, colossal dragon always looked like pregnat and toadfish was the cutest card

anything
blarg: