*Author

Active members:
EvaRia(1) BluePriest(1) rowcla(1) Xenocidius(1) 10 men(1) ffun(1) The_Mormegil(1) lynx655(1) Malebolgia(1) macgawel(1) UserClone(1) petersenk(1) Dengeki(1) Jappert(1) Firenotes(1) zzz124(1) Daguerreo(1) black rat(1) axel1989(1) pulli23(1) Schlonz(1) Soulshader(1) n00b(1) bogtro(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) justaburd(1) Tetti(1) Assassine(1) TIO(1) pedzacyzolw(1) Erlemar(1) Joe21(1) Appawesome(1) thispersonisagenius(1) Remidety(1) Fortis(1) Rainchild(1) sinyor(1) Kopiano(1) meowww(1) Cheesy111(1) PlayerOa(1) rickerd(1) Aphrael(1) Finale(1) Cardplayer(1) Odii Odsen(1) skotadi phobos(1) shileka(1) Zarathustra1883(1) ElementalDearWatson(1) Fippe94(1) Heric the Dark Lord(1) Foraker(1) traceurling(1) mafidufa(1) Theboss1248(1) ColorlessGreen(1) bluethousandand2(1) Eagleon(1) irraka(1) djdj24(1) bob8willie(1) jarozaoz(1) Leodip(1) Aneninen(1) StreptoFire(1) kirbylover314(1) deathreign3(1) AP579(1) Manuel(1) DrunkDestroyer(2) Rutarete(2) Sevs(2) ddevans96(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) Evan20000(2) Elsy(2) willng3(2) Taglio(2) Aves(2) waterzx(2) qwas296(2) Oshawd(2) Absol(2) molson111(2) shadow303(2) blarp(2) Drake_XIV(2) moehrpi(2) TribalTrouble(2) dawn to dusk(2) UndeadSpider1990(2) Higurashi(2) Jenkar(3) DarknessDemon(3) mycale(3) Avenger(3) Shylderidh(3) jacker(3) Bloom(3) choongmyoung(3) fbparis(4) Elbirn(4) mesaprotector(4) Wizy(4) burpcow(4) FIQ(4) asiantraceur(4) Rainbowninja(4) AvusXIV(4) destruct(4) Frozengaia(4) calindu(5) Brontos(5) FSK(5) ponnuki(5) Laxadarap(5) Arwulf(5) guillotinement(5) Narukta(5) ninetyfools(6) Eleahen(6) Zergva(6) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(7) Gandora(7) bored_ninja777(8) CuCN(8) Annele(9) whatifidogetcaught?(10) eaglgenes101(10) Tirear(10) kimham8a(11) andretimpa(11) Belligerence(12) THEACCUSO(12) jumpingbeans(13) Pella(15) Chapuz(16) Elite Arbiter(19) russianspy1234(32) dragonsdemesne(38) furballdn(39)

FSK

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg425638#msg425638
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 05:22:27 am »
The AI should be aware that sanctuary and dissipation shield don't combo well!

The AI should never play multiple weapons on the same turn.  The AI should never play multiple shields on the same turn.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg426023#msg426023
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 02:10:20 am »
Hmm yes.  Fractal in general needs a serious rework it seems.  For instance, I just watched the AI Fractal my Vampire Dagger over its Pest.  I don't believe that was anywhere near the best move for it to make.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg426129#msg426129
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 09:00:31 am »
AI starts turn with no quanta to use an Hourglass (stolen). It steals a time tower from me but does not activate the Hourglass, although I'm not sure if this is because it didn't want to 'lose' the one quanta incase it had to play the non-existent time cards in its deck, or if the order just didn't check for time quanta again.

Offline I8SumOrangesNItWasK

• Reputation Power: 3
  • I8SumOrangesNItWasK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg426133#msg426133
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 09:38:16 am »
AI starts turn with no quanta to use an Hourglass (stolen). It steals a time tower from me but does not activate the Hourglass, although I'm not sure if this is because it didn't want to 'lose' the one quanta incase it had to play the non-existent time cards in its deck, or if the order just didn't check for time quanta again.
I think it doesn't like to 'lose' the 1 quanta. I've seen times when it will refrain from using Lobotomize, Growth, etc. when it barely has the quanta to and it would be wise to do so, and I assume it's simply to "save" the quanta. However, it doesn't appear to know that it has nothing else to use that :time on in your case, which IS a problem.

Oh, and speaking of the AI using multiple shields at once. Today I experienced the AI had a Tower Shield up, which prevented me from killing it during my next turn. Despite that, the AI used a Fire Shield. This move allowed me to finish it off in my next turn. Guess it just gave up. :P

o.O The AI just used Acceleration on a creature of mine. The next turn, it used Overdrive and then Acceleration on the same creature. This doesn't really make any sense at all and is dumb on so many levels. My assumption is if it has enough quanta to use Acceleration/Overdrive, it will, and for some reason, my Mummy was more important than my Chrysora all 3 times. It probably either A) will always use it on Mummy or Chrysora, or B) will usually use it on Mummy over Chrysora. What it SHOULD do is take OTHER factors into consideration, such as if the Mummy already has Acceleration...

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg426331#msg426331
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:40 pm »
it seems like a lot of problems stem from the AI scanning its hand, and playing each card if it is "wise" to do so for each card it comes across top down.  a lot of these problems could be solved by doing a two-pass system, where each card is assigned a category (shield, weapon, CC, PC, etc) and a score, it then plays the highest score weapon or shield (if it doesnt have a higher score one in play) and does not play CC on creatures that have already had CC played on them (not perfect but better than current system)
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline macgawel

• Reputation Power: 1
  • macgawel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg427698#msg427698
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2011, 09:00:31 am »
Didn't see this one...

Since 1.292, AI don't play new creatures when you play SoSa. Good :)
But it uses abilities such as FQ, Pharao or Ablaze :P

Offline Elite arbiter

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg427753#msg427753
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:31 am »
Thats not necessarily a bad thing always though, for example I use growth and Scarab and FFQ's abilities sometimes with it up. Reasoning being that the output of damage stays while the SoSa is in effect. Of course, if my quanta is low, for example 4 turns of SoSa while I only have 4 Life Quanta, I'll wait a couple turns before playing the FFQ's ability.

Brontos

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg427783#msg427783
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2011, 01:15:57 pm »
I want to insist on the Shard of Readiness issue a little.

It's quite frequent that the AI won't use a free ability twice.

Flying Eternity is the most obvious case. Even with two or more targets on the opposing side, only one will be reversed when it's just obvious to target 2 of them (no complicated scenario here).

I've seen Mitosis/SoR/Silurian Dragons having the same behaviour, and they don't need target to duplicate themselves twice on the turn SoR is played.

Offline Elite arbiter

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg427798#msg427798
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:04 pm »
AI plays Holy Flash on my Purple Nymph. It was anti-mattered at the time by a TU'd nymph, so I guess its the same thing that causes the mitosis onto an opponents creature.

... what I want to know is why is Holy Flash in a Plat deck in the first place?

Also, AI uses the growth of the Forest Spectre while anti-mattered, and waits to anti-matter it back to normal until after its growth rather than before it.

ninetyfools

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg428055#msg428055
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 01:29:52 am »
AI uses Pandemonium, then plays eclipse then plays voodoo doll

Offline Elite arbiter

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg428212#msg428212
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 12:41:21 pm »
AI won't reverse time a squid with SoR on it.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg429809#msg429809
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2011, 08:45:25 pm »
AI doesn't unburrow creatures when they could OTK.

anything
blarg: