*Author

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg365797#msg365797
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 06:22:58 am »
Freeze should be able to target the opponent (to freeze their weapon). Or maybe the weapon itself, to prevent immaterial weapons being frozen.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg365920#msg365920
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »
Freeze should be able to target the opponent (to freeze their weapon). Or maybe the weapon itself, to prevent immaterial weapons being frozen.
Now this suggestion I really like.  :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline MarvaddinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366263#msg366263
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:31 am »
Add the Vampire passive to mutation and chaos seed.
Add vampire to chaos seed? This doesnt make any sense to me, chaos seed is supposed to cause negative effects.

- Poison: Damage upon attack, not upon opponent's attack.
- Gravity Pull: Redirect venom effect.
- Schrodinger's Cat: Reset status upon use.
Loved the spark suggestion :)

About these:
- Poison change is worthy suggesting, but this is not a card change.  ::)
- Gravity Pull: let me see if I understand it well before including in the list. Im poisoned, then if I use Gravity Pull on one creature (mine or my opponent's), Im no more poisoned, and the poison counters are moved to that creature?
- Schrodinger's Car: Hmmm... let me see if Im correct about this too: if you use cat skill, it will lose any buffs amd debuffs it got, like a Blessing card played on it, or poison counters?

Very interesting ideas. Lets continue it :D

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366268#msg366268
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 03:38:24 am »
About these:
- Poison change is worthy suggesting, but this is not a card change.  ::)
- Gravity Pull: let me see if I understand it well before including in the list. Im poisoned, then if I use Gravity Pull on one creature (mine or my opponent's), Im no more poisoned, and the poison counters are moved to that creature?
How is changing the time poison comes into effect not a card change?

What I mean by my suggestion for gravity pull is that if a creature with venom attacks a creature with gravity pull, then the creature with gravity pull with be poisoned.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366271#msg366271
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 03:41:50 am »
Add the Vampire passive to mutation and chaos seed.
Add vampire to chaos seed? This doesnt make any sense to me, chaos seed is supposed to cause negative effects.
It would be pretty good added to Mutation as an ability though.

I think he means that each time the venom creature attacks the creature with Gravity Pull that creature gains a poison counter.

EDIT: ddevans96 ninja-ed me.

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366278#msg366278
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 03:54:35 am »
I say that Crusader should change to the element to the weapon it endows.

This would add flavour, and some more strategy.

1) Endowing death or darkness weapons would make eclipse effect it
2) It would also effect the healing/damage situation for holy light
3) Cards keep getting proposed that look at element, and this would come into play if any of those are ever released
4) Nice cosmetic effect

Also, I think that fate egg should be added back into the list of creatures that can be generated by mutation
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366305#msg366305
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 04:41:48 am »
Speaking of Mutation, does anyone know why Devonian Dragon isn't on the list of Mutation or Hatch? Considering it's pretty much identical to Black Dragon, Purple Dragon and Bone Dragon, it seems a bit odd.

Jaxly

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366412#msg366412
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:14 am »
Some stuff

Change upped sundial to cost one time quanta to play and no light quanta to draw a card.
At the moment it messes with your mulligan chance so its normally better to leave it unupped.

Reduce initial cost of grey nymph. Its currently 8 death quanta.
It costs the same to play alfatoxin with no turn delay or extra cost to use the ability.

Buff Druidic staff.
It heals 5 per turn and deals two damage as a rare card.
Its been outstripped by non rares and shards completely. It needs a buff.

Reduce mindgates initial cost.
Currently 5 quanta - change to 4.
To play mindgate seriously it needs to be out quickly. Less initial cost could help with that.

Turqoise nymph. Serious buff needed. Outstripped by anubis by far.
Costs 3 quanta to use ability with 8 quanta to play.
Grants immortality but with such a high aether cost is tough to use outside mono or duo aether decks - where many creatures are already immortal.

Reduce pharaohs initial cost.
Currently 9 quanta - reduce to 8.

Give devonian dragon ability : Lay fate egg

Eclipse vs. Rays of light - light needs a little buff and its good to be awesome vs dark.
Make eclipse grant 1 less attack for every two rays of light on the field.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28609.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28609.0.html)

This chaps idea is good imo.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366470#msg366470
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 02:47:14 pm »
Change upped sundial to cost one time quanta to play and no light quanta to draw a card.
At the moment it messes with your mulligan chance so its normally better to leave it unupped.
I'd suggest making it cost 1 generic quanta. Doesn't screw up Auto-Mulligan but still works in decks without time.

Give devonian dragon ability : Lay fate egg
All dragons are vanilla creatures, with the possible exception of Phase Dragon (it doesn't really have an ability, more a status). They should stay that way.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366576#msg366576
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 04:35:48 pm »
I don't think this thread is meant to be about things like reducing and increasing costs. And explain to me how Staff is UP.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

davidy22

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366841#msg366841
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 03:11:54 am »
Little card changes can mean anything. Costs included.

There needs to be a standard for all the card texts. All the freeze effects should just  called "freeze", with a number after them to denote duration. Congeal is essentially the same as freeze, and redundant.

Discord needs more detail. Scramble quanta? Scramble how many quanta?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg366863#msg366863
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 04:19:10 am »
Little card changes can mean anything. Costs included.

There needs to be a standard for all the card texts. All the freeze effects should just  called "freeze", with a number after them to denote duration. Congeal is essentially the same as freeze, and redundant.

Discord needs more detail. Scramble quanta? Scramble how many quanta?
Costs are not little. +/- 1 :life casting cost is worth of a thread and requires a reasonable argument with much peer review.

I disagree about freeze. I think it is more pleasing to have Freeze/Congeal than Freeze 3/Freeze 4. If a Freeze 2 effect is added I may change my mind.

Discord drains up to 10 :rainbow then generates an equal amount of :rainbow. "Scramble up to 10 quanta" would work.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: