*Author

Offline tyranimTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg18441#msg18441
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:21 am »
1. is it just me or is having to get all of the cards again and again getting realy tiresome? i think trainer should have ALL the elements cards in current existence (including sneak peaks to the upcoming updates)

2. kind of like choice 1 but your deck that you were working on will be saved. and you wont have to write it down or try and remember it. i find this useful if your trying to test a deck against certain enemies but dont have enough time to do so in one sitting.

3. what purpose is making a deck in trainer if you cant test it against live players? (other than testing against cpus) some people make decks revolved around random pvp. i dont like the fact that they have to either know people in chat or do trial and error in random pvp. it costs alot to build a deck based on random pvp, if you dont go on forums or chat.

4. some people become very curious as to what cards are in the decks of most opponents. i, for one, am one of those people. some of the opponents builds are good, just lacking in reasonable strategy (theyre cpus programs, not chess programs)

5. dont change trainer. i like it the way it is, its fine... realy, why are you persisting on reading this... fine, whatever... (added for the sake of avoiding confusion [i try and put options for all opinions])

6. when you go onto trainer it will appear as if it were the live elements(log in screen). this way, you CAN do the duel thing i suggested in 3. you cannot make a new account on trainer, but you can use the log in of your existing account. (username and password)

please leave feedback or any alterations you desire.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Daxx

Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg18443#msg18443
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:27:54 am »
3. what purpose is making a deck in trainer if you cant test it against live players? (other than testing against cpus) some people make decks revolved around random pvp. i dont like the fact that they have to either know people in chat or do trial and error in random pvp. it costs alot to build a deck based on random pvp, if you dont go on forums or chat.
Your other suggestions are mostly good, but this one isn't. Real PvP affects stats (that is, electrum and win/loss) and therefore allowing people using the Trainer to PvP is unfair. Since I suspect Zanz doesn't want to maintain two sets of matchmaking systems the simplest solution is just to keep trainer decks out of PvP.

• Legendary Member
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg18444#msg18444
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:29:36 am »
Your other suggestions are mostly good, but this one isn't. Real PvP affects stats (that is, electrum and win/loss) and therefore allowing people using the Trainer to PvP is unfair. Since I suspect Zanz doesn't want to maintain two sets of matchmaking systems the simplest solution is just to keep trainer decks out of PvP.
i mean the kind of pvp where you search for people by name, not random. pvp duel doesnt affect score, ratio, or money
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Delreich

Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg18448#msg18448
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:37:38 am »
Problem with trainer dueling is you don't have a name when using the trainer, or rather everyone using the trainer have the same name.

I'd like to see some way of getting cards easier though, preferably via a button or something so that one can still emulate a newbie experience without creating an account.

Saving wouldn't be necessary if the above can be done, and seems like more trouble than it's worth.
Seeing decks might be seen as an advantage we're not supposed to have, and also seems like more trouble than it's worth.

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg18450#msg18450
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:41:15 am »
thats not exactly what i mean, you dont see the decks of real peole, only cpus. and not while your in a match. like there is a button on the main menu and a subscrean where you can choose the cpu you want to see the deck of. that way you can formulate ideas for decks. or copy, whichever you want to do.

you also have a good point about the name thing, ill try and find a fix to that little issue.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg19757#msg19757
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 05:04:57 am »
The trainer needs to be in its own little bubble, sealed away from any kind of saving feature or sharing. It would be nice if your stash already included every card x6 so you wouldn't have to spend any time buying cards, but other than that, there should be no way to save progress or access the database in any way.

Lucifear

Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg20972#msg20972
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »
The reason trainer works as well as it does is because it promotes limited use. When you get on trainer, you have to make a new account, click every rare 1 by 1, and make a new deck. Every time. It does get annoying if you do it too often. But that's the point.

If you implement PvP, deck saving, and features like that, Trainer just because Elements on God Mode. There would be no reason to work on the game, no reason to grind at all. You could have a fully upgraded version of every card in the game, and it would take a couple of minutes if you can click fast enough.

Maybe, just maybe, the option of seeing your opponent's hand should be there (as a box to the side, some sort of on/off)
I'm all for being allowed to modify the current match you're in. Make trainer more like a sandbox mode. Not only can you test decks, you can go 'What if this happened?' This let's you test your card situations, and even lets dedicated players do specific bug testing. It would be difficult, but options to choose your cards you get, set life/quantum totals to specific values, and things like this, would be useful for situational testing.

Some people might see this as an unfair advantage, but it's the trainer. Players who use this for anything other than testing really aren't getting anything out of it.

My only suggestion (I really don't think it deserves it's own thread) is to have a way to distinguish trainer from regular in screenshots. For example, if you look at the main menu screen, where it says 'Main Menu,' maybe during matches it would say 'Trainer'
It could come in handy at later times, when we want to do events where the players would need to be playing their own decks.

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: a few trainer ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2259.msg21093#msg21093
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:19:21 pm »
i guess your right about the whole, it replacing live elements thing... i suppose this topic wasnt all that of a good idea. unless anyone sees any reason to keep it up, take it down.

blarg: