*Author

Sigilstun

20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg236970#msg236970
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:43:49 am »
I think Nymphs should be a little more available for people. There are a lot of nice deck ideas surrounding Nymphs, and I think it would be nice if people got a more realistic chance at them. I'm not a big pvp guy, and the oracle is just so finicky.

I propose that, if fighting T3 and you can get 20 wins in a row, you should get a "nymph spin". This is a spin with all nymphs, and if you get 3 same nymphs, you get that card. Lets face it, even 20 wins in a row vs T3 is crazy lucky anyway. All I'm saying is....it's something. Something to hope for while a new player is grinding for rares instead of trying for t50 farms. Something to get excited about. It's very, very rare to get 20 wins in a row for anything really, but why not throw that in there? I mean, many times you have to grind for rares if you're new anyway unless you want to take the easy way and only farm t50 for farms, but at least this is something for people that fight the "legit" way and get super lucky, to get a nymph. Keep in mind, I mean ONE SPIN. Not the 3 that you normally get, but just a crazy out there chance. Why not?

Any thoughts?

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg236984#msg236984
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 12:15:18 pm »
No.

First of all, Zanz wanted to make sure that Nymphs were ungrindable. Hence, they're only available from the Oracle and Tournament reward codes.

Also, 20 wins in a row against AI3 is easy as pie. When I was testing a completely unupped deck for the turns to win study (v1.26, so it was against the more well-thought out new decks), it only lost 4 times out of 200 -- that's a 98% win rate. I also had three ~50 game winning streaks in there.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg236986#msg236986
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:20:45 pm »
NO.

People can probably get 12345156 wins in a row, will be toooooo easy this way.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237102#msg237102
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:55:36 pm »
With the best fastest decks you can lose about 4 out of every 200 duels.  Absolutely not.  Maybe change the number of duels to something far more ridiculous, but 20 is way too low.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

$$$man

Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237104#msg237104
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:58:29 pm »
20 wins vs FG's and now your talking ;)

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237106#msg237106
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 04:00:19 pm »
beat 1337 level 3 in a row before you get a nymph ;D
or 9001 level 2, hehe

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237115#msg237115
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »
maybe if it were 10-15 FGfights it could be something

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237146#msg237146
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 04:40:49 pm »
hmmm, interesting idea. Perhaps it could be made into a quest?
Defeat every False God and you will be rewarded with a nymph or something?
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Sir Rebrl

Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237148#msg237148
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 04:45:08 pm »
I second that awesome motion.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237154#msg237154
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:51:44 pm »
Still somewhat grindable. I am not a FG grinder, due to lacking electrum, and the addition of this would tick me off quite off a bit due to the commoness of FG grinders.

NO, with the exception of possibly the above concept.
Nymphs are rewarding you for good luck or for hard effort, not grinding. Let's keep it that way.  The above concept is grindproof somewhat, but sooner or later you will beat all the FG's.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237157#msg237157
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »
Still somewhat grindable. I am not a FG grinder, due to lacking electrum, and the addition of this would tick me off quite off a bit due to the commoness of FG grinders.

NO. Nymphs are rewarding you for good luck or for hard effort, not grinding. Let's keep it that way. Maybe I'll change my mind if you can prevent the above concept from being abused as well.
umm, you only get 1 nymph from this quest, you only complete this quest 1 time. 1 nymph for beating every false god is a good reward, no matter how fast you can do it.
It's the same way the rare weapon is rewarded after reaching the 500 score goal
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 20 wins in a row = spin for a nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18608.msg237165#msg237165
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:02:49 pm »

Oh just once? Then it's grindproof.

blarg: