*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Evil Hamster(1) Celidion(1) YoYoBro(1) chriskang(1) Elentier(1) bobcamel(1) Essence(1) czah(1) chimaera(1) Boingo(1) dark_stew(1) tiziano(1) ghy(1) NorthernDeed(1) ramones(1) SpeedLimit55(1) BetaParticle(1) binge(1) PuppyChow(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) sirboomalot(1) doomeister(1) HowFlyy(1) Kaine(1) diviad(1) Optimalist(1) Waerloga(1) JETZAL(1) Downsociety(1) Justsoneguy(1) stage(1) Jangoo(1) danieldubois(1) dragonhuman(1) theunamed(1) icecoldbro(1) darkhellion(1) dracomageat(1) noso1928(1) Azumi(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) Chemist(1) Malduk(1) jheamay(1) swegfnujhu(1) IStoneI(1) Marvaddin(1) guy_fawkes(1) echii(1) PoLdeR(1) sSethia(1) RedWarrior0(1) samrynredflame(1) karthikking(1) Tom Bombadil(1) ghen(1) Perryd(1) edunavas(1) the Sage(1) manaboy100(1) snowballfr(1) bored_ninja777(1) jnatkins(1) dipree(1) MartyrX(1) morningstar(1) dreadsamurai(1) Rooftrellen(1) TruePurple(1) TheMartyr24(1) SteppingStone81(1) eL PaRaGuaYo(1) nerd1(1) zse(1) ElemantalCaek(1) funplay(1) Werdbooty(1) yezpahr(1) Uppercut(1) Dragoon1140(1) hammythepig(1) Manni(1) Monox D. I-Fly(1) Metoropolice(1) Toimu13(1) ThugStyle(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) Nepycros(1) Antiderivative(1) chrisbenton876(1) zombie0(1) Buzz4rd(1) Pkmn31337(1) vidurkhanna(1) Dengeki(1) EvaRia(1) jdk470(1) bucky1andonly(1) Rastafla(1) Zblader(1) Amheug-ui Maseuteo(1) Jenkar(1) ARTHANASIOS(1) Regyptic(1) Lluis83(1) The conartist(2) Delreich(2) xdude(2) Sigh(2) Grimdrome(2) pikachufan2164(2) Eleazar(2) Seravy(2) habeus(2) killsdazombies(2) Daneman(2) Mrd3ath(2) Supersonique(2) bojengles77(2) Svenningen(2) Selenbrant(2) rakazy8564(2) melzardust(2) asymmetry(2) lokiburn4(2) OracleStar(2) TheonlyrealBeef(2) Glitch(2) Sir Valimont(2) EmeraldTiger(2) kitty45(2) Norbert Hawk(2) JaguarLive(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) AchDeToni(2) darkrobe(2) willng3(2) furballdn(2) Chapuz(2) Ciskje(2) eaglgenes101(2) Marsu(2) Cisco(3) TheMadEvil(3) pepokish(3) teffy(3) yaladilae(3) miniwally(3) Kuroaitou(3) Mantriel(3) Sira84(3) silux(3) SickTanicK(3) Leo(3) Jappert(3) jmizzle7(4) Kael Hate(4) Ashebrethafe(4) plastiqe(4) smuglapse(4) ddevans96(4) RootRanger(4) dragonsdemesne(4) Avenger(5) icybraker(5) Antagon(5) Arondight(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) CB!(6) Jaxly(6) Chromanin(8) The_Mormegil(9) BluePriest(11) Ant-n-ero(17) Scaredgirl(27)

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg66238#msg66238
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2010, 06:18:55 am »
That would be more high level pve content... maybe considered mid.
I think its fairly ok now, es you compare the way cards are won also

However, i think level 7  would be cool

darkhellion

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg66258#msg66258
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2010, 08:31:55 am »
Well I want to say Ive been playing maybe 2-3 months since this game is a nice time killer while at work. Myself and 2 others have played at some point or another and will just hit some things I noticed them complain about and some personal input.

• Lower levels its extremely hard to actually build up a deck and its even more difficult to progress early on. Quests are helpful but they only get you so far. Luckily I found on wiki a good way to get money is build up a full aether deck (6 dragons 6 shields 6 parr 12 lands) and hope for some random thigns from the false gods. After an insanely long grind I finally started to be able to build decks I would enjoy playing. Luckily I had more patience then the other 2. Basically to make it simply going from low end pve to mid-high pve is an extremely difficult task to say the least.
  • Rainbow decks are pretty much the only viable way to play. There are very few mono colored decks that do well and only a little more 2 colored decks that are decent. Some peoples feedback I read would be that it couldnt hurt to create cards that produce like 3 possibly types of mana. Such as the tower can create 2 of 3 types of mana lets say (life, air, light) randomly. Then a decrease to quantum tower mana it yields to 2.
  • Some types of CC and perm control is a bit overpowered imo. Otyugh for example I think the devour ability should cost 2. Earth quakes should only wipe out 2 lands. Also butterfly effect is another insanely powerful card which is not much more expensive then pulveriser and has same ability cost as the downgraded version of it.
  • Possible ways to deal with immaterial creatures couldnt hurt either. An example is maybe target player sacrifices X creatures (or at random) at the start of their turn. Something that isnt totally overpowered but still adds much more strategy to the game and possibilities.
  • I know one of the 2 friends also mentioned an instant kill card, a cleanse effects card, or possibly something that absorbs X poison per turn. I know we have poison effects and things like that but lets say its something with 30 defense there is no fast way to kill it minus eating it if you have a crazy large creature with devour or wait forever. Cleanse effect card for creatures that has the ability to remove any and all types of effects on craetures. Personally I would attach it to the heal ability since that thing is mostly crap as is :P. Then something to counter poison decks. Perhaps a shield or permanent that can remove 1-4 poison per turn.
  • Changing mark should be based on rating if anything. Change it the cost will change as you grow your account or simply eliminate it at the lower levels. Maybe if your under 1000 rating then changing your mark is free maybe even 500 since they are still getting used to the game. At the very least a reduced cost to it. I know that the friends I played with if they wanted to test out a new game they just kept making new accounts because switching is so expensive and building a decent starter deck is just as hard.
Just some minor things :p I may add more later on.
[/list]

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] What are the 3 most important things Elements needs right now? *UPDATED* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg70083#msg70083
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2010, 04:03:18 pm »
Well, i'm a noob, i didn't read the old forum, so this might have been already reported, or it is an intentional design.
Stealing sundial - counter is reset vs. stealing phase shield - counter is not reset.
I believe it should reset both times.
I'd prefer it to reset neither as, though coding wise it appears to be, the spell should not be making a new permanent.

In a similar way, bone shields should count as one shield as the rules specifically state you can only have one. In other words, counters are fine for it but let the whole thing die to deflagration. And finally, are antimatter creatures not creatures? They should be blocked like all the others but for some reason they aren't.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72379#msg72379
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I think that we might need some new cards.  :P

On another note though, I would LOVE to have advanced game statistics - see which cards are being used more often in decks and having that data be constantly updated through a special database, which false gods are totally whooping people and how many people win/lose against them, etc. This, new cards, (potentially lowering the cost of changing your mark if you've stuck with your original one for a really long time), and having separate on/off buttons for sound and music would be a nice feature. ;)

Wish you could use your vote in a negative way.

Pull back the votes from those wanting to put a graveyard in the game.
I don't understand how our current Graveyard card sucks - but on that note, how bad would it be if there was a graveyard effect added to the game? Would it make things more complicated?

Arondight

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72451#msg72451
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »
Can Other maybe incorporate some creatures that may or may not be androids or robots with different elemental abilities through out the Elements?  :)

noso1928

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72530#msg72530
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2010, 07:22:48 pm »
First of all, to zanzario and all the game developers. Thank you for making a unique game and making it such a great one. This is the only popular and most balanced/fun card game I've found online (and trust me I've been looking  ^-^).

I'm not sure how big your servers are but I was thinking of some cool updates for the game. Tell me what you think about em'.

1. New social system, all chat chat will be found inside the game and there would be multiple chats (trading, general, tourney, PvP). I think players would be more likely to inneract with e/o. The current pop up box chatroom has barely anyone in it (most I've seen is 30).  Plus, I don't think many people open the chat box enough as it is to play and chat at the same time. The private messaging in only pvp duels is cool, but if you meet someone is good or you may want to duel again, you can't and only hope for a random matchup again, which brings me to adding a friends/ignore list with this system.

2. I think a graveyard system would be cool but I'm not sure how that would affect the balance of the overall game.

3. I think players should be able to trade with eachother. No rares would go to waste (say if someone got 7 pharoahs) they would be able to trade the extra one for another rare that someone has a lot of.

4. The oracle should give new prizes besides cards, fortunes, next false god, etc. I think it would be cool if he gave a prize such as one free upgrade to any non-rare/rare card (this would be very rare). Or maybe an upgraded card already picked out.. I don't know.

Again, thank you to all the staff. I (and other gamers) appreciate all the hard work you are putting in. You have a good thing going here.  ;D (expect a donation soon  :-X)

Azumi

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72594#msg72594
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2010, 08:25:11 pm »
Buying Booster packs and donater bonuses  :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Scaredgirl

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72877#msg72877
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2010, 11:02:20 am »
1. New social system, all chat chat will be found inside the game and there would be multiple chats (trading, general, tourney, PvP). I think players would be more likely to inneract with e/o. The current pop up box chatroom has barely anyone in it (most I've seen is 30).  Plus, I don't think many people open the chat box enough as it is to play and chat at the same time. The private messaging in only pvp duels is cool, but if you meet someone is good or you may want to duel again, you can't and only hope for a random matchup again, which brings me to adding a friends/ignore list with this system.
The problem with ingame chat is that it uses ridiculous amounts of server resources.

Currently we have player A and B doing PvP and using the ingame chat. Player A says something, which then gets sent to player B. That's only one process. Not a big deal.

Now lets say there is this "general" chat you talked about, and lets say there are a 101 people chatting. Now when player A says something, it gets sent to players B, C, D, E, F, G,.. a total of 100 processes. Now think about the situation when all 101 players talk at the same time. That's a HUGE amount of requests constantly sent to the server. And the worst part is that every new player added to chat increases server load exponentially.

As far as I know, most MMO's with these big general chats have a high powered dedicated servers to run only the chat, and/or multiple "zones" to keep the chat population at a minimum. Unfortunately this is not an option for Elements which is a free-to-play game.

Ant-n-ero

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg72922#msg72922
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »
I have voted with what i feel i would like after my playing of just over a month....

1. New Cards -- Always a winniner - hands down

2. The abilty to change marks for free/less -- second best one - this will make creating/testing many decks much easier without costing an arm and a leg for the start - also allows duo decks early from the start (never played before)

the other 3 i voted for but don't think are entirely necessary
3. Trading cards - i liked this idea but i think it would make the powerful/rich too much more powerful (due to lots of cash to buy new cards if needed) and the others missing out ---- then starts the issue with multis -- every games weakness and ruining of the fun >_< -- these multi would inevatably 'farm' the rare cards you get from the quests and the excess would be sold/traded again -- making those 'rare' cards not rare at all -- and it would cost anything because they could trade a AI5 grinder deck to a new account until the rare card is obtained.......

4. card graveyard --- defeats the object of the game in some ways though - once  a card is dead - it's dead -- already enough summoning card out there imo....

5. better game balance -- idk - why not ^^

Scaredgirl

Re: [POLL] 3 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg74395#msg74395
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010, 07:40:21 am »
We got "bonus stuff for donators" and "free mark change" so I reset the poll once again.

I removed a couple of options that Zanz said will not happen, like buying cards with real-life money (because Elements is FREE) and Graveyard system.

I added "Unranked PvP" option.

Please recast your vote to make Elements a better game.

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] 3 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg74458#msg74458
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2010, 10:03:12 am »
did zanz say downgrading (in a way) will not happen? then i could stop my postings here all the time :)

if he didnt say that:  why no downgrading option?

Ashebrethafe

Re: [POLL] 3 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg74696#msg74696
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2010, 07:06:15 pm »
Voted for the same top three as before: bug fixes (there are still known bugs, right?), new cards, and better balance. I've removed my votes for the other three (some of which I picked mainly because I wanted to use all my votes), as I explain below:

• 4) Trading system -- I think a better idea is for the bazaar to facilitate player-to-player card sales. So if I sold an eternity, for example, then I'd name my price for it (which would be more than the sell price); the bazaar would offer for sale each eternity it bought at the price the seller named (selling the cheapest ones first, and equal-priced eternities in the order it bought them); and I'd get the sell price immediately, and my price minus the sell price if/when the bazaar sold my eternity. Similarly, if I sold an azure dragon, I'd name a price between the normal buy and sell prices (having been informed of the buy price); the bazaar would sell one more discounted azure dragon for that price, and give me that much electrum minus the sell price when it had no cheaper azure dragons to sell decided to sell mine; and it would sell azure dragons at the normal buy price when it didn't have any second-hand azure dragons to sell.
    • To keep the nymphs and mark cards ungrindable, there could be a card which acts like a relic, and which turns into a relic in the slots. The bazaar would have an infinite supply of these "rare-coins"; the only way to get one would be to sell a nymph or a mark card, and the bazaar would take one from the player who bought that card (or refuse to sell it if the player didn't have one).

• EDIT: To decrease the potential fluctuation of a card's buy price, it could be some kind of average price of the unsold copies. The bazaar would decide at random which copy it had sold, with those closest to the average having the highest chance of being chosen. (This would probably increase the variation of the prices, but I think that's a good thing. Instead of choosing one electrum over the sell price, most sellers would choose what they think is a fair price, or what they think other sellers will choose.)
  • 5a) Music on/off -- what is the music going to be? Right now it's just the false god theme, which won't make any difference to me until I want to fight false gods. If/when the plan to have one of twelve themes in every battle (depending on your opponent's mark) goes through, then I'll want an on/off switch.

• 5b) Advanced game statistics -- again, I want to know what these statistics include. The ones I actually wanted aren't game statistics so much as account statistics -- information about what cards I've bought and sold in the bazaar.

anything
blarg: