*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Evil Hamster(1) Celidion(1) YoYoBro(1) chriskang(1) Elentier(1) bobcamel(1) Essence(1) czah(1) chimaera(1) Boingo(1) dark_stew(1) tiziano(1) ghy(1) NorthernDeed(1) ramones(1) SpeedLimit55(1) BetaParticle(1) binge(1) PuppyChow(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) sirboomalot(1) doomeister(1) HowFlyy(1) Kaine(1) diviad(1) Optimalist(1) Waerloga(1) JETZAL(1) Downsociety(1) Justsoneguy(1) stage(1) Jangoo(1) danieldubois(1) dragonhuman(1) theunamed(1) icecoldbro(1) darkhellion(1) dracomageat(1) noso1928(1) Azumi(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) Chemist(1) Malduk(1) jheamay(1) swegfnujhu(1) IStoneI(1) Marvaddin(1) guy_fawkes(1) echii(1) PoLdeR(1) sSethia(1) RedWarrior0(1) samrynredflame(1) karthikking(1) Tom Bombadil(1) ghen(1) Perryd(1) edunavas(1) the Sage(1) manaboy100(1) snowballfr(1) bored_ninja777(1) jnatkins(1) dipree(1) MartyrX(1) morningstar(1) dreadsamurai(1) Rooftrellen(1) TruePurple(1) TheMartyr24(1) SteppingStone81(1) eL PaRaGuaYo(1) nerd1(1) zse(1) ElemantalCaek(1) funplay(1) Werdbooty(1) yezpahr(1) Uppercut(1) Dragoon1140(1) hammythepig(1) Manni(1) Monox D. I-Fly(1) Metoropolice(1) Toimu13(1) ThugStyle(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) Nepycros(1) Antiderivative(1) chrisbenton876(1) zombie0(1) Buzz4rd(1) Pkmn31337(1) vidurkhanna(1) Dengeki(1) EvaRia(1) jdk470(1) bucky1andonly(1) Rastafla(1) Zblader(1) Amheug-ui Maseuteo(1) Jenkar(1) ARTHANASIOS(1) Regyptic(1) Lluis83(1) The conartist(2) Delreich(2) xdude(2) Sigh(2) Grimdrome(2) pikachufan2164(2) Eleazar(2) Seravy(2) habeus(2) killsdazombies(2) Daneman(2) Mrd3ath(2) Supersonique(2) bojengles77(2) Svenningen(2) Selenbrant(2) rakazy8564(2) melzardust(2) asymmetry(2) lokiburn4(2) OracleStar(2) TheonlyrealBeef(2) Glitch(2) Sir Valimont(2) EmeraldTiger(2) kitty45(2) Norbert Hawk(2) JaguarLive(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) AchDeToni(2) darkrobe(2) willng3(2) furballdn(2) Chapuz(2) Ciskje(2) eaglgenes101(2) Marsu(2) Cisco(3) TheMadEvil(3) pepokish(3) teffy(3) yaladilae(3) miniwally(3) Kuroaitou(3) Mantriel(3) Sira84(3) silux(3) SickTanicK(3) Leo(3) Jappert(3) jmizzle7(4) Kael Hate(4) Ashebrethafe(4) plastiqe(4) smuglapse(4) ddevans96(4) RootRanger(4) dragonsdemesne(4) Avenger(5) icybraker(5) Antagon(5) Arondight(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) CB!(6) Jaxly(6) Chromanin(8) The_Mormegil(9) BluePriest(11) Ant-n-ero(17) Scaredgirl(27)

PuppyChow

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35420#msg35420
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2010, 03:40:35 am »
I actually wouldn't like the mulligan, since it would completely change the deck building aspect of the game IMO. If you only need 1 of a single card but you need it early you may pack as many as 3-4 in you deck to ensure you draw one early. However, with a mulligan, you would only need to pack 1-3. This frees up 1-3 more spots in your deck for other cards.

Having a mulligan feature would also make the contrast between good and bad decks smaller. For instance, if I have a rather bad deck because it's big and bulky and has no extra drawing, then it would normally be considered a bad deck due to statistics. While a similar 30 card deck would still be better even with the mulligan, the worse (and bigger) deck would perform much better with a mulligan.

Think of it like this:
Without Mulligan:
60 card deck: 3/10 rating.
30 card deck: 7/10 rating.
With Mulligan:
60 card deck: 6/10 rating.
30 card deck: 8/10 rating.

This would be because the 30 card decks are built to not [bneed[/b] mulligans. You would be making the gap between skilled veterans and newbies much smaller, increasing the luck factor for games between these two groups. But I'll admit games between skilled vets and games between newbs WOULD rely less on luck.

Anyway, getting off of my soapbox, I voted for the mark change, new cards, and more mid level PvE content.

TheMadEvil

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35567#msg35567
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 04:11:35 pm »
I sort of agree with puppy...this isn't magic, there's a 30-60 card spread for a reason. You can't go over it, which is different from many games. Also, Magic has a 60 card min (IIRC), and most games adhere to as least 40 cards, if not 50-60 min. That means Elements games can go quickly, but unfortunately FGs oftentimes make rush decks necessary, unless you use Eternity. Control is just too slow vs. 200 HP and shields... If you are going to include a mulligan rule, I'd firstly give it a one time limit per game WITH a downside (-1 card, etc.), and also think about upping the card limit to ~80 or so

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35570#msg35570
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »
Yeah, I think what exactly the mulligan would entail is necessary before taking the votes for it any further. some people would only want it under certain conditions.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Sigh

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35727#msg35727
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »
Concerning earlier discussions of mulligans I'd assumed that everyone agreed that they would take away one card (not permanently!) per use, with like, a max of 3 uses. I guess you guys didn't see those discussions...

TheMadEvil

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35745#msg35745
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 10:23:02 pm »
Concerning earlier discussions of mulligans I'd assumed that everyone agreed that they would take away one card (not permanently!) per use, with like, a max of 3 uses. I guess you guys didn't see those discussions...
I don't remember what was on the other pages, it's been awhile since I read them. I only remember that there were multiple ideas put out, some involving card loss, life loss, and no loss, some with one time use, others with max use, and some with no max. I only wanted to put my idea in the ring, and the reason why I think it would work best.
Thanks

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35946#msg35946
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2010, 03:43:06 am »
besides, multiple topics will come to multiple conclusions. it needs to be clarified here since this is where we are voting.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg35978#msg35978
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2010, 04:27:46 am »
i would say new cards and pvp rewards

with the release of new cards, there could be more interesting and viable decks rather than fighting life-rush, graboid-rush and immolation decks all the time.
also, people just keep farming FG with rainbow decks and do not play pvp much. farming fg is dull and boring, u simply draw crazily for Oty and Quint. The soul of this game is pvp, i myself love to fight strong and interesting decks...

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg36560#msg36560
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 12:26:53 pm »
Hey, i chose the 3 most wanted items (without knowing them beforehand).
I think PVP related stuff are all trumped by the desync bugfix.
Mid level content is nicely covered by the level 5 AI.
Cheaper mark switch: HUH? 100 ec is cheap!
Card trading is not terribly important until there are more rare cards. So far only Nymphs are really really rare (and i already got my gravity nymph :P ).

Offline sirboomalot

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sirboomalot is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Forever Explosions.
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg37955#msg37955
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2010, 03:44:22 am »
trading cards wouldn't be a good idea unless they made this game a trading card game, which would need alot more cards, the ability to buy random packs of cards, with cards in the packs you can't get elsewhere, along with the ability to trade cards, it would be alot of work for the makers of elements and i don't think its gonna happen, i'm not sure if this post is completely on topic, and i know few ppl will read it.

Scaredgirl

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg40415#msg40415
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 04:32:52 pm »
Good news everyone, we got both the poll winners "Mulligan" and "More Cards". Once again this poll delivered so lets keep it going, pressuring Zanz to make our crazy whims a reality :)

Poll has been reset. Please vote again.

Chromanin

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg40429#msg40429
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »
Good news everyone, we got both the poll winners "Mulligan" and "More Cards". Once again this poll delivered so lets keep it going, pressuring Zanz to make our crazy whims a reality :)

Poll has been reset. Please vote again.
We should like make a topic based on thanking this guy zanz, for being so awesome

CB!

Re: [POLL] 3 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg40431#msg40431
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »
How bout an option for an updated trainer.
  - Choose which false god you face.
  - Not have to 'own' a card before creating a deck with it (just do away with the monetary system in the trainer completely).
  - Be able to import/export decks.
I still want an updated trainer... :)

Deck import has already happened...

anything
blarg: