*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Evil Hamster(1) Celidion(1) YoYoBro(1) chriskang(1) Elentier(1) bobcamel(1) Essence(1) czah(1) chimaera(1) Boingo(1) dark_stew(1) tiziano(1) ghy(1) NorthernDeed(1) ramones(1) SpeedLimit55(1) BetaParticle(1) binge(1) PuppyChow(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) sirboomalot(1) doomeister(1) HowFlyy(1) Kaine(1) diviad(1) Optimalist(1) Waerloga(1) JETZAL(1) Downsociety(1) Justsoneguy(1) stage(1) Jangoo(1) danieldubois(1) dragonhuman(1) theunamed(1) icecoldbro(1) darkhellion(1) dracomageat(1) noso1928(1) Azumi(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) Chemist(1) Malduk(1) jheamay(1) swegfnujhu(1) IStoneI(1) Marvaddin(1) guy_fawkes(1) echii(1) PoLdeR(1) sSethia(1) RedWarrior0(1) samrynredflame(1) karthikking(1) Tom Bombadil(1) ghen(1) Perryd(1) edunavas(1) the Sage(1) manaboy100(1) snowballfr(1) bored_ninja777(1) jnatkins(1) dipree(1) MartyrX(1) morningstar(1) dreadsamurai(1) Rooftrellen(1) TruePurple(1) TheMartyr24(1) SteppingStone81(1) eL PaRaGuaYo(1) nerd1(1) zse(1) ElemantalCaek(1) funplay(1) Werdbooty(1) yezpahr(1) Uppercut(1) Dragoon1140(1) hammythepig(1) Manni(1) Monox D. I-Fly(1) Metoropolice(1) Toimu13(1) ThugStyle(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) Nepycros(1) Antiderivative(1) chrisbenton876(1) zombie0(1) Buzz4rd(1) Pkmn31337(1) vidurkhanna(1) Dengeki(1) EvaRia(1) jdk470(1) bucky1andonly(1) Rastafla(1) Zblader(1) Amheug-ui Maseuteo(1) Jenkar(1) ARTHANASIOS(1) Regyptic(1) Lluis83(1) The conartist(2) Delreich(2) xdude(2) Sigh(2) Grimdrome(2) pikachufan2164(2) Eleazar(2) Seravy(2) habeus(2) killsdazombies(2) Daneman(2) Mrd3ath(2) Supersonique(2) bojengles77(2) Svenningen(2) Selenbrant(2) rakazy8564(2) melzardust(2) asymmetry(2) lokiburn4(2) OracleStar(2) TheonlyrealBeef(2) Glitch(2) Sir Valimont(2) EmeraldTiger(2) kitty45(2) Norbert Hawk(2) JaguarLive(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) AchDeToni(2) darkrobe(2) willng3(2) furballdn(2) Chapuz(2) Ciskje(2) eaglgenes101(2) Marsu(2) Cisco(3) TheMadEvil(3) pepokish(3) teffy(3) yaladilae(3) miniwally(3) Kuroaitou(3) Mantriel(3) Sira84(3) silux(3) SickTanicK(3) Leo(3) Jappert(3) jmizzle7(4) Kael Hate(4) Ashebrethafe(4) plastiqe(4) smuglapse(4) ddevans96(4) RootRanger(4) dragonsdemesne(4) Avenger(5) icybraker(5) Antagon(5) Arondight(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) CB!(6) Jaxly(6) Chromanin(8) The_Mormegil(9) BluePriest(11) Ant-n-ero(17) Scaredgirl(27)

dreadsamurai

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg172399#msg172399
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2010, 04:46:09 pm »
A game log would be l33t.

Offline pepokish

• Reputation Power: 6
  • pepokish is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Honorary Team Life Member! <3
  • Awards: Real Life Elementalist
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg172816#msg172816
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2010, 11:39:33 am »
which is why it was removed and split, as EVERYONE wanted 'new cards in general' it always had like 300% more votes than any other option so it was split, this way we can try to balance the elements equally...
While this may be true, it's also not an effective way of gauging the community's specific interest in new cards. 

As it stands in the game, the elements are fairly equal (at the very least, they're a whole heck of a lot more equal than they were when I was around 6-8 months ago), and there is no single element sorely needing new cards.  For this reason, we're not going to see any single element rise above the others in terms of 'which elements need more cards'. 

In effect, by splitting the 'new cards' option up this way, we've effectively done the opposite damage -- now 'new cards' will never be a prominent option, because the votes will always be split evenly between 12 different options, severely limiting how high it will ever reach.  There's no point in even including it, anymore.

I think Plastiqe had the best idea of splitting the cards some other way (i.e., creatures, creature control, permanents, etc).  Splitting them in terms of function rather than element would be much more efficient, as it could lend to a clearer majority of votes, and would give a much better idea of which types of cards Elements currently needs most.

miniwally

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg172887#msg172887
« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2010, 03:31:06 pm »
which is why it was removed and split, as EVERYONE wanted 'new cards in general' it always had like 300% more votes than any other option so it was split, this way we can try to balance the elements equally...
While this may be true, it's also not an effective way of gauging the community's specific interest in new cards. 

As it stands in the game, the elements are fairly equal (at the very least, they're a whole heck of a lot more equal than they were when I was around 6-8 months ago), and there is no single element sorely needing new cards.  For this reason, we're not going to see any single element rise above the others in terms of 'which elements need more cards'. 

In effect, by splitting the 'new cards' option up this way, we've effectively done the opposite damage -- now 'new cards' will never be a prominent option, because the votes will always be split evenly between 12 different options, severely limiting how high it will ever reach.  There's no point in even including it, anymore.

I think Plastiqe had the best idea of splitting the cards some other way (i.e., creatures, creature control, permanents, etc).  Splitting them in terms of function rather than element would be much more efficient, as it could lend to a clearer majority of votes, and would give a much better idea of which types of cards Elements currently needs most.
That's why you add all the votes for the new cards together...

Offline pepokish

• Reputation Power: 6
  • pepokish is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Honorary Team Life Member! <3
  • Awards: Real Life Elementalist
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg172919#msg172919
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »
But if you do that, you're better off leaving "New Cards" as one option.

Scaredgirl

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg172927#msg172927
« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2010, 05:01:09 pm »
"New Cards" as one option would always win by a landslide, basically wasting everyone's time because it would give no useful information to developers.

Having one for each card type might have its advantages, but it's also severely lacking because it doesn't include the element in which the voter wants that creature/spell/permanent. I think that most players want cards for a specific element, not more creatures or more spells in general. For example I might want more :earth creatures, but with only 3 options (creatures, spells, permanents), there would be no way of saying that it's :earth cards I want.

From all the simple options we have, I think the current one is the best. Using the previous example, I would vote " :earth cards" which doesn't specify that it was creatures I wanted, but Zanz has a 33% change of getting it right, and assuming I'm an :earth fan, I would be happy with spells and permanents as well.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg175736#msg175736
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »
add fusion affects to the poll please.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Rooftrellen

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg176308#msg176308
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »
As far as the new cards thing goes, it goes beyond the numbers, as well.

I voted on all 3 sections of PvE content and a PvP ranking system.  These things, I think, would make the game more enjoyable for longer.

However, I also voted for better game balance, and my idea of how much of the balance needs to be done is with new cards.  For instance, I feel that there is an obvious imbalance with regards to shields.  Many elements have no shield that can lower damage, and even more have no choice in what shield they can have.  Aether doesn't even have a shield that can stay in play for the rest of the match once played.  Light and air seem to have a nice number and variety of shields for the current number of cards.

I would also think every element would need some form of creature and permanent control to be on equal footing (not that it all has to be done in the same way or for the same cost, just that they need something to kill what the enemy has).  Darkness does this very well, I think, with steal being either great, or maybe terrible (I hate when I have my weapon out, don't want their's, but its going to hurt me if I don't take it), and liquid shadow able to poison...if you are willing to let the enemy get some extra health.  It's solid, but potentially costly control, which fits darkness well.  Correctly adding control to the elements that lack it is not something that can be done without adding cards.

What's more, I might argue that the elements that people say they want cards for are the elements that need cards the least.  After all, say fire is very popular because of its strong creatures and variety of control options.  Many people will play fire, and those people will say more fire cards are exactly what they want.  However, in this situation, fire would be the element that needs cards the least, not the most.  Fire would already be so strong that many people used it at the exclusion of everything else, and cards for the other elements, to balance them, would be more needed than the fire cards that people ask for.

TruePurple

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg186475#msg186475
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:34 pm »
Here  is a idea that according to poll is very popular, but not on your list. http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10129.0.html

Here is another suggestion not on your list
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14692.0.html

TheMartyr24

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg186662#msg186662
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02:36 am »
Better game balanced , more new cards , multi-decks , better PVP environment.
lol I want all of them. :p

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg186693#msg186693
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2010, 01:51:55 am »
"New Cards" as one option would always win by a landslide, basically wasting everyone's time because it would give no useful information to developers.

Having one for each card type might have its advantages, but it's also severely lacking because it doesn't include the element in which the voter wants that creature/spell/permanent. I think that most players want cards for a specific element, not more creatures or more spells in general. For example I might want more :earth creatures, but with only 3 options (creatures, spells, permanents), there would be no way of saying that it's :earth cards I want.

From all the simple options we have, I think the current one is the best. Using the previous example, I would vote " :earth cards" which doesn't specify that it was creatures I wanted, but Zanz has a 33% change of getting it right, and assuming I'm an :earth fan, I would be happy with spells and permanents as well.
By the way, I'm calling shenanigans on the "new aether cards" thing.  Didn't it just get like... 20?  Fractal... mind gate...  I mean, come on!  Life got a measly underpowered toadfish.

miniwally

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg186698#msg186698
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2010, 01:54:37 am »

By the way, I'm calling shenanigans on the "new aether cards" thing.  Didn't it just get like... 20?  Fractal... mind gate...  I mean, come on!  Life got a measly underpowered toadfish.
Yes they just got 20 fractal (1) + mind gate (1) = 20.....

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg194303#msg194303
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »
Yes they just got 20 fractal (1) + mind gate (1) = 20.....
He fractalled the mind gate 3x obv ...

blarg: