*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307401#msg307401
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 06:56:18 am »
Just a thought - would it be practical to "clump" players with the same score at the same standing?  I don't care about being in the middle of the 14-point pack, but I imagine a lot of those players with only one Forge card would enjoy this more if they were all tied for 47th.  It would just entail scripting something to affect the numbers in the far-left column.
I don't think this would really work out - while this may make it somewhat easier for the Curators to add Forge winners to the standings (you just add the name to the '1 point Forge' cell), having to separate the name from the 'clump' when the somehow get a card from the Crucible to the Reliquary or a competition win will just make it more work. For what it's worth, everyone who has 1 point 'technically' is last place in the Rankings anyway, so whether they're tied for 47th or ordered alphabetically from 47th place to the 132nd score makes no difference in my opinion. ^^;

I just came up with an idea. For users with cards in the Reliquary, what if we had a link to those specific cards? Like EvaRia, for example, has 1 card in the Reliquary. I think it would be cool to see exactly what that one card is just by clicking on the number '1'. Of course, it wouldn't work if someone had more than one card in the Reliquary, but I'm just brainstorming. Alternatively, the words Forge, Armory, etc., could link to those particular leader boards / card lists.
If you'd like, I can simply reply to SG's ranking post and provide generic links to all of the main boards. ^^; Would that be okay?

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307402#msg307402
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:59:00 am »
Just make the number in the Reliquary column link to the Reliquary master-thread with all the notes on the adaptations ingame.  That thread has links to the individual card threads, if I'm not mistaken... we should be so lucky as to have a Reliquary list so long as to make that impractical!
Oooh! Or, we could do this

EDIT: Nevermind, I sure did neglect the fact that it's an embedded app and not a simple post. SG will have to make the necessary changes. :))

Daxx

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307447#msg307447
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 09:26:24 am »
NameCards in ForgeCards in ArmoryCards in ReliquaryCompetition Wins
Daxx

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307448#msg307448
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 09:37:30 am »
Daxx0100
I already got the tables done before you posted Daxx. ^^;; Was there a discrepancy I missed though?

Scaredgirl

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307457#msg307457
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 10:41:38 am »
I just came up with an idea. For users with cards in the Reliquary, what if we had a link to those specific cards? Like EvaRia, for example, has 1 card in the Reliquary. I think it would be cool to see exactly what that one card is just by clicking on the number '1'. Of course, it wouldn't work if someone had more than one card in the Reliquary, but I'm just brainstorming. Alternatively, the words Forge, Armory, etc., could link to those particular leader boards / card lists.
I think that the most a simple way of doing basically the same thing, would be if users started their own Portfolio Topics (coming soon) which lists all their cards. We could then use the username as a link to that topic.

Daxx

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307459#msg307459
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:37 am »
I already got the tables done before you posted Daxx. ^^;; Was there a discrepancy I missed though?
You got it right. I just didn't read the tables before posting, my bad.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307460#msg307460
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 11:07:15 am »
I think that the most a simple way of doing basically the same thing, would be if users started their own Portfolio Topics (coming soon) which lists all their cards. We could then use the username as a link to that topic.
Sounds like a plan. Portfolios are always a good thing.

Scaredgirl

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307471#msg307471
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 11:45:40 am »
How should cards with multiple authors be counted?
(For instance would cards by the CommunalCardCreation count for all initial authors or just the person who makes the thread after the idea is designed?)
[The author that contributed the most as decided by the authors will get the points.]
It is very wise to only count Forge and above to remove an incentive to spam card ideas.
I am wondering if articles on design theory should count and if so what standard would they be held to? [No. Too subjective.]
I like this improvement to the CIA section.

[paraphrased answers from chat]
To those original questions.. Multiple authors is a problem. I think that to keep it simple, it's better if one person gets credit for the idea, although that might be unfair in some situations. Hopefully with every idea, there is one person who contributed the most, and others acknowledge that.

Points from articles is also a problem. We need something simple we can measure without any need for subjective evaluation. Number of card ideas in higher levels is just that. Measuring and giving points for something like "activity" or "helping others", is much more difficult, even though that is definitely a big part of being a good and respected card designer.

We will most likely have to change the rules a bit by making Idea Factory accessible based on other things as well, not just card designer rankings. We'll go back to the drawing board and see what we come up with.

Cynxos

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307507#msg307507
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 01:56:35 pm »
Cynxos

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307582#msg307582
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »
InsertName
I also won the funny card competition, but I doubt that counts >.>
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307587#msg307587
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 05:30:23 pm »
SG, you should edit the OP to remove the request for the table.  ^^

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: New and improved Card Ideas and Art section https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24059.msg307732#msg307732
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:55 pm »
Cynxos1000
Cynxos, I can't seem to find what card you've made that got into the Forge (or that fell into the Forge Archives). Can you provide a link to the card idea so I can confirm and add you to the Rankings page?

SG, you should edit the OP to remove the request for the table.  ^^
Nah, I would rather have people post their tables as a form of double-checking; if they find something wrong with their own score (less or more points than the actual amount), who's to say they shouldn't ask for a modification? :P

blarg: