*Author

Scaredgirl

Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg312312#msg312312
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »
As most of you have already realized, we are now using a new version of the forum software.

This is only a minor update. As you can see, not that much has changed really. Forums still look the same, and function the same. Biggest difference is that we now have a couple of new plugins (and more will be added soon). There has also been many bug fixes. Those who have ever tried to use the same font size or color, many times in a row, will see what I'm talking about. :)

Some old plugins are still missing. I am well aware of this, so there's no need to report it. Old plugins will all be reinstalled later. Some of them have combatibility issues, so I need a couple of days to get the working again.

I will now explain some of the new features. I will update this topic as new plugins get added.

New features:

Reputation System
The new reputation system is a combination of posting activity and how much other users give you reputation. How much you give reputation to others, is related to your own reputatation. The higher your reputation is, the more reputation you can give.

Keep in mind that since the system is new, reputation is now only about your posting activity. After we use the system, posting activity will be much less relevant. One rep given by a high reputation player, can be the equivalent of posting more than 100 times.

Facts about the reputation system:
- You gain +1 rep for each post
- You gain +3 rep for each topic
- Previous Karma we had is currently NOT included in your reputation. This will be added later by multiplying your old Karma with a number, and adding it to your reputation.
- Some users have their reputation counted incorrectly. This is a bug that will be fixed.
- You need to be Jr. Member or above (30+ posts) to give others reputation
- Your "Reputation Power" determines how much rep you give to a person.
- You gain one Reputation Power for each 100 reputation points
- You one Reputation Bar (the green thing) for each 500 reputation points
- You can give reputation up to 6 times per day (to different users)
- You can give reputation again to the same person after you've given reputation to 6 other people
- You cannot lose reputation
- You can disable reputation from your profile. You will still receive rep from others, but it will only be visible to you.
- You can see who gave you reputation, and why, in your Profile - View Reputation (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=reputation).

Star Rating System
We now have a topic rating system. Look for stars at the top of the original post. Click on the stars to rate the topic.

Facts about the rating system:
- You need to be Jr. Member or above (30+ posts) to be able to rate topics
- You cannot rate your own topics
- You can see the number of ratings given by moving your mouse cursor over those small stars on the right side of the topic title (not the big stars inside the topic).
- You cannot change your rating (keep this in mind when rating card ideas etc. that are still a work in progress)
- You cannot list topics by rating. This feature might be added later.

Rating guidelines:
1 star: topics that you think don't offer anything to anyone and should not been event started in the first place.
2 stars: topics that might not be completely useless, but are very close. Maybe they lack content or are very poorly written.
3 stars: topics that you consider average. They are ok, but nothing amazing.
4 stars: topics that go that extra mile and offer something special.
5 stars: topics that you think are amazing. For example, topics where the poster spent countless of hours building or developing something that benefits the whole community.

These guidelines above are just examples. You are of course free to use your own criteria. Just don't simply give 1 star to topics you don't like, and 5 starts to topics you do like. Those two scores should only be given to topics that are either really good, or really really bad.

Relative posting time
If a post was made during the last 24 hours, you will see the relative time (for example "posted 2 hours ago) instead of the fixed time like we had before.

Topic starter icon
You will now see an ugly pen icon next to the name of the person who started the topic. I will change the icon later.

More coming soon..

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg312840#msg312840
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:37:23 am »
- You can disable reputation from your profile. You will still receive rep from others, but it will only be visible to you.
Fun fact, even when disabled can you see someone's reputation on their profile :o
It's only their reputation power that is hidden when viewing topics.

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg313402#msg313402
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:41 am »

Wow ... finally.

As an act of irony, for this:  +rep!

Scaredgirl

Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg313683#msg313683
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:08 am »
I fixed a bug. Users who disabled reputation, now have one small gray bar where the green bars should be.

Also, I forgot to mention one important thing. You can view your reputation in your profile: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=reputation . It shows who gave you rep and why.

Offline siriosirio

• Reputation Power: 13
  • siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • tonight
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg313703#msg313703
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:49:09 pm »
in the software upgrade is PM (personal message) working right?
i send 3-4 pm to a friend that was online but d'ont have bekam reponse and i am pretty sure that he have reponse me

Scaredgirl

Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg313738#msg313738
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:15:38 pm »
in the software upgrade is PM (personal message) working right?
i send 3-4 pm to a friend that was online but d'ont have bekam reponse and i am pretty sure that he have reponse me
Forum PM's should work just fine.

Offline siriosirio

• siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • tonight
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg313745#msg313745
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »
ok thanks, sorry for the disturb

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg328801#msg328801
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 07:57:43 am »
I would love to see the little flags back. We were always able to see other people nationalities and that was a really cool feature imo. I really miss those flags... :(

Offline siriosirio

• tonight
Re: Forum software upgrade + new plugins https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24486.msg328845#msg328845
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 10:33:17 am »
I would love to see the little flags back. We were always able to see other people nationalities and that was a really cool feature imo. I really miss those flags... :(
i agree the flag help also to write PM if i know the nationaliti maybe i can write the PM in other lenguage al english

anything
blarg: