*Author

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1272001#msg1272001
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2017, 10:07:25 am »
Anybody is free to host any forum game they want, including mafia, and I will fully vet it with you. I simply don't have the time or motivation to run games myself.

No, you can't run F&H.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:27:20 am by Linkcat »
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1272010#msg1272010
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2017, 05:15:43 pm »
Link: I've an idea i wanna flesh out, but, I'll do it after finals
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Thingyman

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Thingyman is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1276172#msg1276172
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2018, 04:22:52 pm »
Hi guys

Season 5 of the Mafia Championship is coming up. 170 communities will be participating this year - and I'm hoping that you will once again be one of these :)

Deadline for choosing a rep is May 1, but if you are interested, please let me know before then and I'll lock down a spot for you guys.

More information here: https:// docs.google . com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Offline Thingyman

• Young Elemental
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1276273#msg1276273
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2018, 12:06:50 am »
Don't be shy :D

To the lazy I'll paste the invitation here instead of linking

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there! :)

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.
The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info
  • Day start.
  • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
  • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

Kind regards,
Thingyman

Offline Thingyman

• Young Elemental
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1276539#msg1276539
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »
If anyone is interested in repping Elements this year, please let me know before the week is over.

A little video to hopefully get you hyped about this season - would love to add your community's name to it :D

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1288301#msg1288301
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2019, 09:45:39 am »
As you can see in the messages above, last year we were invited to the Mafia Championships again. I asked everyone I was comfortable sending if they wanted to go, but they all said no, so I didn't send anyone. This year we were invited again, and I asked everyone I was comfortable sending that I didn't already know couldn't go, and they all said no. However, this year I am more available, so I decided to go myself.

If you don't know what this is, the information is here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/21905-Season-6-General-Information

PM me if you want to be an alternate. I'll update before the game starts.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1288312#msg1288312
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2019, 05:11:46 pm »
Putting this down here so I won't forget. I've got a theme in mind, but I need to flesh that out.

Thought I'm pretty sure you can guess what it is.

1) All mafia rules apply, unless they don't.
2) Every member is a town member. In addition to their secondary role, players can either Nightkill (EoR) or Protect (EoR).
3) If 0 < n < # of players/6 (or some other arbitrary number) players would die in the round, convert all players who performed a successful Nightkill into mafia. They lose their secondary role. Otherwise all nightkills are nullified.
4) After 7 days, if mafia has not been determined, randomly assign # of players/6 members as mafia. They lose their secondary role.
5) As long as n < # of players/6, mafia may, instead of performing a Nightkill, Tempt (ER) a town member to convert to mafia. The player chosen will accept or reject this offer on the following day.
6) I'm not sure if I want to play this with hidden mafia (Like Mafia 44, Mafia 50) Probably not.

Thanks for balancing, and tell me if this is suited for not-a-mafia-forum-game instead.

EDIT:

[21:07:52] ‹DoubleCapitals› Yeah
[21:08:17] ‹DoubleCapitals› I realise: Players decide at the start of the game whether they want to be mafia. Select from pool randomly as needed
[21:08:29] ‹DoubleCapitals› Is much faster and achieves the same thing
[21:20:16] ‹DoubleCapitals› the gimmick being supposed to be "People get to choose whether they wanna be bad" plain and simple
[21:20:19] ‹DoubleCapitals› I'll edit
[21:20:27] Guest-Seraph-23693 joined.
[21:20:46] ‹DoubleCapitals› then it'll be Dusk, people get secondary roles, and choose whether they wanna be maf, night , decisions resolve
[21:20:57] ‹DoubleCapitals› balance town and mafia count as see fit
[21:22:17] Guest-Seraph-23693 left.
[21:22:54] ‹DoubleCapitals› ..yeah the complicated ruleset is obviously leftover from theme
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:23:37 pm by DoubleCapitals »
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1290255#msg1290255
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2019, 12:20:25 pm »
Bring PMs back. No more chat mafia. It leads to situations like you see in the current mafia: votes are pretty much set on someone dying and then suddenly whoever is in chat at deadline time can pretty much completely change the votes by discussion with no chance to defend for the lynched person. Look what happened to poor JCJ and me.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1290256#msg1290256
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2019, 12:22:45 pm »
Petition: Make the deadline not be when I am sleeping because that was inconvenient to me

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1290466#msg1290466
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2019, 08:11:37 am »
I am not familiar with all functions of Discord, but until the following things get sorted out, I highly advise against using it in any future mafias:
  • Discord voice chat: Everything said in voice chat cannot be tracked.
  • Deleting messages: Discord messages can be deleted without trace.
  • Fake usernames: Anyone can log in and pretend to be someone else. If someone creates a new account just for this, it cannot be tracked who the account belongs to.
  • Editing messages: Messages can be edited multiple times. If Discord only shows the last modification, untrackable information can be created.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1290469#msg1290469
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2019, 10:30:37 am »
Just never have chat allowed. PMs are fine, chat is a ballache.

Sorry for deadpost
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: General Discussion & Mafia Ideas, Balancing, and Critiques https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63738.msg1290470#msg1290470
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2019, 12:02:03 pm »
I am not familiar with all functions of Discord, but until the following things get sorted out, I highly advise against using it in any future mafias:
  • Discord voice chat: Everything said in voice chat cannot be tracked.
  • Deleting messages: Discord messages can be deleted without trace.
  • Fake usernames: Anyone can log in and pretend to be someone else. If someone creates a new account just for this, it cannot be tracked who the account belongs to.
  • Editing messages: Messages can be edited multiple times. If Discord only shows the last modification, untrackable information can be created.

We can likely address all those things in Discord, but for now I made you a blab channel that shouldn't be accessibly by guests.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

blarg: Amashi