*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307939#msg1307939
« Reply #408 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:42 pm »
Oh wow, gg then. Well, thx for the save andre! N0 was crazy improbable in retrospect, with the two PRs targeting each other and the Doc getting a successful save. Tough to come back from without getting a snipe on Sheed.

How much of the Omegon claim was planned from the start? The fakeclaim and N1 Linkcat target was impressive, since there's a case to be made that Alpharius wouldn't target his buddy. Really got lucky there that I'd targeted andre N0.

The thunderdome was perfectly valid. Winning the 50/50 means winning the game, since he could kill Sheed afterward.

I liked the ruleset! The mafia wincon of Cop/Doc both dying probably prevents follow-the-Cop from being the best strat. At least, I didn't want to risk it. The symmetry of the Alpharius/Omegon and Ingo/Sheed is super interesting too. Prevents us from figuring everything out just with the Legionaries, since if someone is incapable of claiming a true Legionarie target, they're just as likely to be a civ PR as they are to be mafia. I especially liked that all the regular civs had information roles.

Rerolling is a tricky topic. I hosted a game once where, if I recall correctly, the Cop went totally inactive midway through, which caused the mafia to win when they would've otherwise lost. It felt kinda awful, so I can understand rerolling. Probably for the best when there's a player who is new to both mafia as well as the forum overall.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307940#msg1307940
« Reply #409 on: April 26, 2022, 06:38:40 pm »
Wow, this was some ride at the end. Well done guys, sorry I couldn't commit more.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307941#msg1307941
« Reply #410 on: April 26, 2022, 06:58:03 pm »
This game was an absolute blast! Honestly, I was townreading serp right up to the point where he got SUPER aggressive and pushed for the claims hard. I think Serp might have had a better chance if he had slow rolled it a few more rounds, especially since he knew who the doc was.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307942#msg1307942
« Reply #411 on: April 26, 2022, 07:07:44 pm »
making targeting mandatory for information roles with no drawbacks (random roll if no action put in) mitigates the impact of people just forgetting to use their role. Until they get modkilled for inactivity anyway.
Also, it should be noted this was a townsided setup with the most townsided number of players, maximizing adverseries to mafia whilst still making legionary a confirmed town. Sure even with mafia legionary the wincondition would have remained the same and legionaries can still be ignored for lynches, but being able to unconditionally trust legionaries is a big deal (provided their claim can be verified).
For balancing some other roles that could be confused with ingo pech would probably have fit. maybe sth like a janitor (information roles on target yield no result), but somehow more usefull maybe (as that should just be holstered most of the time).
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307943#msg1307943
« Reply #412 on: April 26, 2022, 07:21:03 pm »
@serp why would you ever get into a thunderdome when you think there is 3 lynches left and you are the last teammember? You need people to suffer a stroke twice and also win a 50-50. From your PoV that was a 100% losing play, actually made me hesitate for a bit.

If you go back in the thread you'll notice the Omegon claim comes right after he realizes he just needs to get Omegon and Sheed killed. But looking at his targets I think he could try to not claim, ride his towncred, getting rid of me tonight and of Root the night after (if he got lucky with the Harrowing he could try to misslynch marsmoons or Wyand imo)
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307944#msg1307944
« Reply #413 on: April 26, 2022, 07:22:43 pm »
making targeting mandatory for information roles with no drawbacks (random roll if no action put in) mitigates the impact of people just forgetting to use their role. Until they get modkilled for inactivity anyway.
Also, it should be noted this was a townsided setup with the most townsided number of players, maximizing adverseries to mafia whilst still making legionary a confirmed town. Sure even with mafia legionary the wincondition would have remained the same and legionaries can still be ignored for lynches, but being able to unconditionally trust legionaries is a big deal (provided their claim can be verified).
For balancing some other roles that could be confused with ingo pech would probably have fit. maybe sth like a janitor (information roles on target yield no result), but somehow more usefull maybe (as that should just be holstered most of the time).

I agree. On face value, the set up seems reasonably balanced, which is probably why it was approved. I think either you underestimate how powerful a Mafia Legionarie is or I am overestimating it. Framer was also much weaker than I had imagined and could probably use some tweaks. I've never actually played a game with a framer role that I can remember.

Kaempfer, with how data oriented you are, and how organized you are, you should host one. If I can do it, anyone can
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307945#msg1307945
« Reply #414 on: April 26, 2022, 07:26:01 pm »
This was kinda hilarious

ty for targetting me then doc :P

@serp sure

PlayerOa (2) - Linkcat, RootRanger
marsmoons (1) - kaempfer13
kaempfer13 (1) - marsmoons
worldwideweb3 (3) - serprex, Mobian, andretimpa
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307946#msg1307946
« Reply #415 on: April 26, 2022, 07:32:47 pm »
operation successful, patient dead
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307947#msg1307947
« Reply #416 on: April 26, 2022, 07:51:52 pm »
Kaempfer, with how data oriented you are, and how organized you are, you should host one. If I can do it, anyone can
I can host one if people are up for it, have some ideas I can write up later today

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307948#msg1307948
« Reply #417 on: April 26, 2022, 07:59:35 pm »
I can host one if people are up for it, have some ideas I can write up later today

I'd sign up!

plz don't be anime theme.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • R A I N B R O S
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307949#msg1307949
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2022, 08:13:53 pm »
plz don't be anime theme.
Lol hey now that was like 10 years ago!

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307950#msg1307950
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2022, 08:22:48 pm »
who won? who was who?
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

blarg: