*Author

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307927#msg1307927
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2022, 05:39:31 pm »
24h reduction (4) - Mobian, serprex, kaempfer13, andretimpa
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307928#msg1307928
« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2022, 05:41:01 pm »
Root and Oa, get on this reduction train so we get to the end game.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307929#msg1307929
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2022, 05:43:29 pm »
There's only 2 reasons Root doesn't respond: (& given Who list doesn't look like he's writing a response)
1. he's Omegon & doesn't trust me that I'd surrender afterwards. sad
2. he's Alpharius & doesn't want to throw. cowardly

Turns out it's #1. Also Root's still cowardly for being afraid he'd throw for town. Troll or die trying I say

I surrender. I picked shock because all my choices were highly dice driven. Interestingly, randomization to avoid exploitation has the weakness that if the scum picks seem to be highly randomized then I'm probably scum

Linkcat threw because I was going to kill kae N0 but then he overrode it & had me reroll with preference towards Root. Which, granted, if it hadn't been for timpa, would've been a game winning veto

Linkcat has control issues. Never cooperates with me as confirmed town, doesn't let the mafia leader pick the NKs. Tsk, tsk. MW no help since he would flip on our choices if we couldn't agree. & I had to threaten that I'd make Link the N1 NK if he vetoed the shock NK

It was always going to be hard to counterclaim here, but timpa/root N0 pretty much sealed it a long time ago

If I knew how to read I would've realized mafia only need to kill root/timpa & then I could've shoved as Omegon against timpa D2 since it was pretty clear Root was Omegon. But I missed that pretty important wincon

Offline Mobian

• Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307930#msg1307930
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2022, 05:47:15 pm »
Well damn... and to think I called it N0.....

Offline Mobian

• Young Elemental
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307931#msg1307931
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2022, 05:50:00 pm »
Well damn... and to think I called it N0.....

Was wrong, it was D1.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307932#msg1307932
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2022, 05:51:03 pm »
You are a fan of your nautical rules, aren't you, Serprex?

Oh gods, I just realized with as much as they bicker, a SerpCat scum team would be really nasty for us.......

Mobian isn't wrong. Nautical rules are hilarious

Offline MasterWalks

• MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307933#msg1307933
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2022, 05:51:25 pm »
Serp and ending Mafia games early, name a better duo.

Town wins!

I'll post more in a moment.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline MasterWalks

• Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307934#msg1307934
« Reply #403 on: April 26, 2022, 05:59:05 pm »
Scumpad will be posted when I have confirmation they're ok with it.

Here is the targets by each night.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ggSTmijXELt0q4tCP1ig_isUlD4o8iD447CsX0FUEOI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here is my host Diary.
Spoiler for Hidden:
My notes post game.
First things first. Y'all suck at spelling. Ignoring Legionarie, I count 3 misspells of Omegon. Omecron was my personal fav with Oregon a close runner up. I assume some of that was intentional but still entertaining.

I'm glad the ruleset wasn't immediately broken. The first night was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I was legitimately worried y'all were gonna figure out a way to solve the game immediately. But then targets started rolling in. Mafia briefly argued on target but final answer was RootRanger (Omegon). I was going to be super bummed to have an immediate Harrowing. Andre didn't send his target until last minute, and when he chose root I was so hyped. It made for a great N0 but also ended up being a double edge sword the next day. Everyone assumed a missed NK due to inactives, which led to a genocide of low posters. It wasn't a terrible assumption, a N0 doc is pretty low probability. Still a better outcome than immediate cop NK.

I'm happy Legionarie didn't get placed on Mafia team. With a N0 blocked NK, Mafia knows doc would probably target the same player. It would've quickly narrowed down Sheed. Without a N0 block, I still think Legionarie would've been power role on Mafia side, especially due to the inherit hiding it allows from Omegoncop.

Here's a few fun D1 posts.

Wyand hard(kinda soft) claiming role and target, as per tradition for new players.
I volunteer to help www.

Spoiler for This will make you remember.:

RootRanger getting sussed on inactives but still targeting the active players with cop.
I'd expect the Doc managed to target the same person as the night kill, but it's a valid possibility that the mafia just didn't send in a target. In which case, well, the less active people would be a bit more likely to be mafia, so :/
If mafia slept through their NK, then the inactives are more likely to be mafia. If mafia and the Doctor both targeted the same player, probably someone on the more active side, then the active players would be less likely to be mafia, so, same thing.

Linkcat (1) - serprex
PlayerOa (2) - Linkcat, RootRanger
marsmoons (2) - Mobian, kaempfer13
kaempfer13 (1) marsmoons

I would also be happy lynching shockcannon.

This might also be helpful.

N1 and the following day were pretty bland at first. Clearing up inactives in the thread saved me some time, but I still reminded all players when they were on final phase to post before modkill, and all posted. I did get pretty excited that Omegon found Sheed at this time. I bet that put Root in a headache but a good one. N1 in the end became a huge factor in fact checking.

I did find this post interesting
Mobian switch to www3 or timpa & I'll follow & timpa will follow on www3 & kaempfer get off marsmoons
I don't think serp was actually trying to O R C H E S T R A T E or invest in wagonomics, but truly wanted his friend to enjoy the game for a bit longer. Nice guy.

Later on, this post here put me in a difficult spot.
If you didn't receive a PM with results, but feel that you should have, please let me know. I'm getting reports some got the PM and some didn't.
If you are a Legionarie, even if your target makes no target themselves, you should still see a PM.

I have not received a PM.

Glad to avoid NK. I thought: if kaempf is truly scum, I’m the target for NK.

Now agreeing with kaempf and will watch Link.

First Captain Sheed Ranko- Target a player. That player can not be Night Killed this night.
[/quote]

How does this play out? If mafia votes Sheed’s protected player, do they lose their vote or do they choose another?
[/quote]

Mars didn't target at all. I'm not sure if he thought he did, or was trying to decieve everyone. Bad taste but galaxy brain if it was deception. I told him so in PM and never got a response. I'm curious to know now.

The thunderdome of RootSerp was the climax of the game and a damn good one. I believe if serp lied and said he targeted Andre N1 (instead of link which was also a lie) he could've convinced most players. No one targeted serp N1 to refute his claim.

My votes on best player go as follows:
andretimpa is underrated. Dude plays super well all games and always get sussed late game. He didn't listen to everyone about N0 missed NK was due to inactives, instead he made the correct choice of targeting Root every night. After Mafia 78 serp and I had a discussion on how underrated Andre is and seeing it first hand cements those thoughts.

Root gets my vote simply for sending his targets with a real quote from 40k, and even going as far as keeping it Alpha Legion related. Nerd respect nerd. Also had some nice thunderdome plays.

My 3rd vote is probably Link. I thought his Ingo target on serp N1 was for the memes, but he thought ahead enough to know how big of a deal that would be after he died. It didn't really work since no one targeted serp, but it shows Links forward thinking and planning ahead.
Kaempfer is a close runner up for being a good town leader.

No offense, but I did find the SerpCat team a bit disappointing but still entertaining. They played exactly how I imagined. The bickering and bussing was expected. Link making the most High Risk Low Reward play of targeting serp N2 was a lol moment, but other than that, nothing unexpected. They did communicate very minimally as you'll see in scum chat which actually showed some skill.

Link saying I am a competent host made me blush, but I do have a confession. When I rolled roles for the second time after marsmoons signed up, marsmoons got Omegon. I made the tough decision of rerolling Omegon. I didn't want a new player under that much responsibility, and tbh I'm glad I did. He never sent a target in and was pretty inactive. Maybe it could be entertaining, but not a balanced game especially with SerpCat on the other end. If wyand would have rolled a power role, I probably would have kept it since I know him personally to be very active and intelligent. I'm curious to know, both morally and game spirit, if this was the right choice? I couldn't exactly ask anyone for advice since that would give away a townie.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:07:37 pm by MasterWalks »

Offline serprex

• Administrator
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307935#msg1307935
« Reply #404 on: April 26, 2022, 06:08:47 pm »
1. rerolling roles is generally fine if you do it right. Linkcat would say I don't do it enough (he had to ask me to nerf his mafia team back in 76 to reduce number of scum vigs)
2. I didn't save marsmoons D1, I saved Oa. Two reasons: I knew Oa wasn't a PR, & I wanted to be able to counterclaim Omegon (even when I didn't realize that this is heavily a counterclaim format)

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307936#msg1307936
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2022, 06:23:45 pm »
@serp why would you ever get into a thunderdome when you think there is 3 lynches left and you are the last teammember? You need people to suffer a stroke twice and also win a 50-50. From your PoV that was a 100% losing play, actually made me hesitate for a bit.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307937#msg1307937
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2022, 06:26:08 pm »
Also both w3 and marsmoons inadvertently almost saved Linkcat if anyone had targeted them (and w3 wasnt lynched anyways)
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline MasterWalks

Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307938#msg1307938
« Reply #407 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:10 pm »
Host diary is a mess. What I get for trying to do bbcode in Google docs. I'll fix here here in a few hours.

blarg: