*Author

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307578#msg1307578
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2022, 03:32:12 pm »
Very nice, looks like we got 2 mostly confirmed mechanical reads this night! Though its not worth claiming them yet.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307579#msg1307579
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2022, 03:54:15 pm »
I think it would be better to double check a claim that could be framed.

Also we should try to explore Legionnaires crossing streams to get potential liers, since scum didn't got any Legionnaires

Well, gotta get the ball rolling somehow. I could see this point being raised by scum, as it would bind Omegon for an extended amount of time (at least 2 phases) and perhaps not act on a red check.
Additionaly, crossing streams (meaning targeting the same person) is exactly not how to catch liars with this role. If we want someone to prove they are legionaire in a night after a claim, we should select a target for them and ask them to give a result, without the target indicating if and who they target (ingo pech is a problem though, as it gives an out). Otherwise having legionaires spread out tends to give more information. not that we could really coordinate that anyway (Correction: I can think of a way of working with signuplists and target x if you are legionaire. This method is strictly beneficial to scum).

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307580#msg1307580
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2022, 04:11:29 pm »
Legionnaires crossing streams does sound like a legit place to start.... When would you want them to start revealing targets?
Same question goes to you. What even is the plan here? Have a designated target for every legionaire? That falls apart after the first claim.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307581#msg1307581
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2022, 04:24:35 pm »
v: serprex

n+: RootRanger, kaempfer13, timpa, mobian
4 people & myself bothered to consider the ruleset & plan

n: shock
Waiting for his galaxy brain throw before I read him n+

n?: www3, oa, wyand, marsmoons
Not enough content to read

n-: Linkcat
Linkcat always refuses to cooperate with me & yet in mafia cast admitted I was reading things pretty well

There's an argument to NL given miss. First digit is population after phase with D1 lynch, second digit is population after phase with D1 no lynch. The latter gives a lynch D4. & with this time is more time for Omegon to confirm town. It's also important to end on a lynch instead of a NK given Harrowing

N0 99
D1 89
N1 78
D2 67
N2 56
D3 45
N3 34
D4 23

So here's the dumb plan for kaempfer or root to counter for Linkcat:

No Lynch (1) - serprex

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307582#msg1307582
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2022, 04:31:57 pm »

3. If a lynch is tied, a dice will be rolled publicly in blab chat to determine who is lynched. There must be a lynch. If there are no votes on any players by end of a Day phase, all players will be treated as tied.

No need. its illegall

Offline serprex

• Administrator
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307583#msg1307583
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2022, 04:33:53 pm »
EBWOP: whoops off by one errors (the two hardest things in programming are variable naming, cache invalidation & off by one errors), we'd end with 2 on end of D4, so NL is bad

Linkcat (1) - serprex

Hoping to get better reads on my n? category, but for now I'll go with my scummiest read, since it seems Linkcat needs a have near death experience to inspire contribution

n+ reads will take time, Root/kae solving is NAI, but don't need votes needling them to post

edit: & oh right MasterWalks is sheeping my No No Lynch rules

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307584#msg1307584
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2022, 06:07:28 pm »
Legionnaires crossing streams does sound like a legit place to start.... When would you want them to start revealing targets?
Same question goes to you. What even is the plan here? Have a designated target for every legionaire? That falls apart after the first claim.

Welp, we all know I'm a rookie at best, but I was thinking if 2 Leg target the same person, but report different results, that would give us an idea as to who to start looking at as being sus. If both return with the same target, we have confirmed townies.

But as I'm sitting here typing that, what stops scum from just repeating the townie claim? The plan does require some revision.

@MW, I suppose sharing screenshots of mod PMs are illegal, huh?

Offline Mobian

• Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307585#msg1307585
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2022, 06:11:17 pm »
Yup, Rule #3. Suppose that would make it too easy. Oh wells, back to the drawing board!

Offline serprex

• Administrator
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307586#msg1307586
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2022, 06:11:32 pm »

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307587#msg1307587
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2022, 06:14:50 pm »
I think it would be better to double check a claim that could be framed.

Also we should try to explore Legionnaires crossing streams to get potential liers, since scum didn't got any Legionnaires

Well, gotta get the ball rolling somehow. I could see this point being raised by scum, as it would bind Omegon for an extended amount of time (at least 2 phases) and perhaps not act on a red check.
Additionaly, crossing streams (meaning targeting the same person) is exactly not how to catch liars with this role. If we want someone to prove they are legionaire in a night after a claim, we should select a target for them and ask them to give a result, without the target indicating if and who they target (ingo pech is a problem though, as it gives an out). Otherwise having legionaires spread out tends to give more information. not that we could really coordinate that anyway (Correction: I can think of a way of working with signuplists and target x if you are legionaire. This method is strictly beneficial to scum).

Exactly because we can't coordinate there will inevitably be targets that are the same. We can't do the same thing we did last game where we claim every round (it worked badly anyway), but it still leaves the door open for counterclaims.

Your idea seems more suited for a situation where someone claimed to be a Legionnaire to get out of a lynch. A point to think about that is whether we should even consider claiming Legionnaire in this situation to be a pro-town move, since claiming Legionnaire, getting out of a lynch and getting other townie lynched removes 2 people instead of 1 from the scum PoE for our power roles.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Mobian

• Young Elemental
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307588#msg1307588
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2022, 06:16:06 pm »
You are a fan of your nautical rules, aren't you, Serprex?

Oh gods, I just realized with as much as they bicker, a SerpCat scum team would be really nasty for us.......

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 79 - by MasterWalks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68266.msg1307589#msg1307589
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2022, 06:18:24 pm »
Welp, we all know I'm a rookie at best, but I was thinking if 2 Leg target the same person, but report different results, that would give us an idea as to who to start looking at as being sus. If both return with the same target, we have confirmed townies.

But as I'm sitting here typing that, what stops scum from just repeating the townie claim? The plan does require some revision.

Diverging counterclaims are a sign that something is suspicious. Agreeing claims could mean a lot of different things, not enough to confirm anyone.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

blarg: