*Author

harry959

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161509#msg161509
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2010, 01:42:48 am »
"I guess I'll bunk with you. I'm going to go out for a bit." Hograth goes out looking for a shop that sells magic items. Grakor, meanwhile, waits behind in the tent to keep an eye on Lanaka.
((This is assuming that familiars work like normal and can communicate over long distance or, at the very least, sense each other's thoughts. If he can't do this, Grakor stays on Hograth's back.))

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161510#msg161510
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2010, 01:47:37 am »
IC: I'm hardly tired, but...hmm... I suppose I could...yes, I'll do that. Out loud, "Well, if you say so. Where, and what time shall we rendezvous?"

OOC: Just to clarify, his thought is not supposed to make sense at the moment, he had an idea which will be revealed in my next post.

Helios

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161749#msg161749
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2010, 04:01:54 pm »
"Bloodshed? Is there a crisis of a violent nature occuring here? I wasn't informed by my superiors about any such thing. This was supposed to be a civil investigation, not a one-man military expedition!"

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161893#msg161893
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:41 pm »
Name of Character: Mog
Element:  Death
Class: Druid
How Active do you think you will be?: 5-6 times a week I hope.  At first a few time a day just because it is new.

Bio:
Appearance: Male, 5’8”, 160lbs, ~20% body fat, ~17 years old, light black hair, brown eyes, with tanned light brown skin and no body hair.  (I'm going for an American Indian look).  Happy-go-lucky simple minded look on his face most of the time.

Behavior: (For now) Mog doesn't say much (but I will write a lot on what he is thinking).  He doesn't care for large cities or crowds of people.  He doesn't understand metal (no mining done around his area) calling metal 'magic rock' and is a bit leery of it (even coins).

Food: He sticks his nose up at city folks' food because meat is usually unseasoned, half rotten, burnt on the outside, and raw on the inside.  Vegetables aren't much better being picked to young, left to rot, then boiled without seasonings.  Bread and cheese are delicacies to Mog because he rarely gets them.  Fruits are still nice especially when made into sweet bread or mead.  Meats and fruits preserved by jerking or drying is a very normal part of Mogs' diet.

Equipment: Poor quality fur/animal skin for cloths and boots; a duffle bag sized backpack with wooden braces for the back; a 16" wooden handle hatchet with a 2lbs stone head; and a few small self made tools for carving wood (made out of stone), skinning/gutting animals (made out of stone/wood/bone), and making/mending cloths (made out of bone).  An assortment of gourds and animal bladders that can hold about 2 gallons of water, but Mog likes to drink a bit of mead now and then.

Education: Mog does not know how to read, write, or ride an animal.  He doesn't know what part of the world he is from, this is the reason he is surprised that he changed into a death creature.  He doesn't know about the plague, about the nymphs being blamed, or that he is an Elemental.

Early Life: Grew up in Vilseck,  a small 50 person hunting village. Hunting and trapping was the major source of food, clothing, and parts for tools.  None of the villagers had heard of magic, much less seen a shape-shifter.  The elders just let Mog grow up like any other boy.  No one in the village feared, hated, or envied Mog.  He was looked at being pretty normal despite being a Druid by birth (not training).

At about 14 years old, Mog decided to become one of the lone hunters/trappers.  These people would leave the village and most likely never return.  They would go into the mountains and forests for a year or so at a time to hunt/trap animals for meat and fur.  Mog also carved rare bits of wood he found into useful items (mostly tool handles) for trading.  Sometimes he would also find herbs or spices that would keep long enough to trade with.  About once a year he would go to a village and trade his items for what he wanted, which is mostly bread and cheese.

All of the cloths and bags Mog used where made by himself from furs and skins.  The tools he used where made from stone, bone, and wood also by his own hands.  These cloths, bags, and tools where very poor quality and not very good for trading and needed to be replaced or repaired a lot.  It seemed he spent all of his time trying to keep himself warm, having enough tools, and try to get enough food.  He is always hungry!

Being a Druid was helpful because he could understand animals.  Not really talk to them like people talk, but Mog knew what plants to eat and where water was without much difficultly.  It also was useful when setting traps to get the animals he wanted and not waste time with trapping animals he did not want.

Shape-shifting was not very useful though.  All it seemed to due was tear up his cloths.  He had hunted that way a few times, but trapping was better because it did not damage the fur as much.  Once, Mog was attacked by some bandits on a road after trading his stuff in a town.  Out of fear, Mog accidentally shifted into a Skeleton trying to escape the bandits in the woods.  After that, people in the area were hunting for a Necromancer and it was not safe for him around there.  Now, Mog tries not to visit the same town twice, but that keeps him on the move.  It is not easy being a trapper by trade when you must move every few months.

Summary:
Location: Should be in Atlantis soon, can easily RP this because I don't know where I am, but I am on the move.

Job:
  Death Elemental, I guess once I get to Atlantis some death person can sense me or something and just take me to the death Leader.  So far I'm the only one going death so the Leader is SOL if he doesn't like me :)

Note: Because there are so many creatures in death, I like the idea of us being extremely poor.  So I don't want a bunch of l33t shinny gear.  Looking like a weak homeless mountain wonderer is what I'm going for.  I can always transform into something stronger, but I want to stay weak for the most part, even when I transform.

((OOC: Almost 800 words... That is a bit too much.  I am about 5 RL days behind everyone else, but story line wise, I'm entering in the first day!))

Offline Korugar

• Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161896#msg161896
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2010, 08:57:33 pm »
When he said the Druid can pick what they turn into, I believe he meant that you could pick what one thing you can turn into before you start, not whatever you want from that element at the time you change.

guolin

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161899#msg161899
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2010, 09:02:12 pm »
When he said the Druid can pick what they turn into, I believe he meant that you could pick what one thing you can turn into before you start, not whatever you want from that element at the time you change.
Nah, Druids would be pretty underpowered if you had to choose before you start. He'll gradually get better creatures to turn into as he upgrades.

Also, due to Council and RL, I'll limit myself to 1-2 IC posts every day. I might post my IC post for the day after dinner.

Offline Korugar

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161928#msg161928
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:47 pm »
Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding, then....

bigbadbanana

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg161930#msg161930
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2010, 09:29:09 pm »
IC at bigbadbanana. IC:

"Most certainly. Our military Rustlers enjoy the sunlight until they are ready to fight in a squadron. Thanks to the efforts of the Atlaentici Church, we've been able to create artificial light that works just as well as sunlight. Wait...Leanilia said one of them jolly adventurers would come here from the mainland. Could you be that traveler?" The elemental smiled in anticipation.
"Yes, that is me," Faldaunia replies with a smile just as big."Oh! I forgot to mention my guards! This is Iggy, Erin, Jojo, Warren, Leafling, Photonian, and Chloro," she says while individually pointing out each.

Offline Toimu13

• Thread Necromancer
Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg162003#msg162003
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2010, 10:58:33 pm »
I have read all 20 pages now!

"A blue telephone booth, a man named Slartibartfast, a depressed robot, a man wearing a bathrobe with a towel, a place that serves stuff not entirely unlike tea...
Love those books (well, 3/5 of them).

Nah, Druids would be pretty underpowered if you had to choose before you start. He'll gradually get better creatures to turn into as he upgrades.

Also, due to Council and RL, I'll limit myself to 1-2 IC posts every day. I might post my IC post for the day after dinner.
One of the reason I pick :death is it has the most creatures.  I'm guessing because of the story I can not morph into a Nymph.

I think 2 IC posts a week per person would be fine.  (I know you said 1-2 a day and there are 8 of us :) )

harry959

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg162008#msg162008
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2010, 11:06:40 pm »
I have read all 20 pages now!

"A blue telephone booth, a man named Slartibartfast, a depressed robot, a man wearing a bathrobe with a towel, a place that serves stuff not entirely unlike tea...
Love those books (well, 3/5 of them).

One of the reason I pick  :death is it has the most creatures.

I think 2 IC posts a week per person would be fine.  (I know you said 1-2 a day and there are 8 of us :) )
The guy that wrote the Artemis Fowl series wrote the sixth book, but it wasn't that good. It made too much sense.

Offline Toimu13

• Thread Necromancer
Summary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg162031#msg162031
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2010, 11:31:41 pm »
I think we (not goulin) should start putting short Summaries at the end of our post.  If nothing has change, we can just copy/paste the old one.  I'm going to start doing it.  Something like:

---

Summary:
Mission: Get food
Notes: Jill is sexy!

guolin

Re: Quest of the Frozen North Part 1: Curse of the Nymphs by Guolin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12488.msg162168#msg162168
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2010, 02:19:13 am »
Uh, sorry guys, I'll try to get your IC posts by tomorrow. I don't want to start doing someone's post, then stop in the middle of the IC posts.

anything
blarg: