*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103404#msg103404
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:38 am »
Must we debate about the definition of an NPC?

Also, killing her off? That is completely irrelevant to what I asked. I asked what Gl1tch meant by "attack"; it is not a literal attack where the characters fight each other.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103416#msg103416
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2010, 01:37:50 am »
*facepalm*

Alright, you are NOT characters.  This is NOT an RPG.  You are writers!  So while she won't be killed off as a result of your bad writing, she may die at any time.  Deal with it.

Also, I guess this wasn't covered, but one writer may NOT force another writer to edit his post.  If you feel Essence made a mistake, and you fix it, it's good writing.  This is like when I screwed up and forgot about the helmet, Essence dealt with it.  He will be "rewarded" by not having his armor stripped.

An "attack" is when you throw something COMPLETELY unexpected at an author.  One time, I was playing a pacifistic player, with a major point in character development planned when I'd finally shoot someone.  Someone "attacked" me by writing my character shooting.  This was really difficult to deal with.

In summary: Blood, you have to write Jennifer experiencing shame.  This is an opportunity to prove yourself.
Purity, NPCs are controlled, because I sure as hell am not going to do it.  NPC is this game is more like a side character.  They are generally written by one player alone, but in this game, sometimes you have to write each other.
Blood, Jennifer may have to overshadow John if the plot requires it.  Her role in the plot is becoming a vital one, as she is the connection between the IMPs and the party.  While you may have to write her a lot, please be prepared when someone else does as well.  She's neutral territory.  If purity were to jump in right now write Jennifer feeling shame, then he'd grab the opportunity.
Both of you, stop your whining!  Just go with it!  If it's good writing, you win.  Not many other rules.

Purity_Riot

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103421#msg103421
« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2010, 01:47:45 am »
High five for Gl1tch! Put me in my place!  :D

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103454#msg103454
« Reply #339 on: June 29, 2010, 02:35:37 am »
as long as they're in character and you don't drag other people's characters into situations they aren't happy with
I'm pretty sure I won't be happy with the situation in which Jennifer gets KILLED without my consent. I mean, seriously, that's bottom line.

Also, the "shame" part isn't really that big of a deal. I can simply say that the desire to be not naked is equivalent to shame.

Editing.

Jennifer was growing increasingly uncomfortable. Three people, each and every one of them as naked as she was, were in the room with her. And, of course, none of those three could truly be considered "people". Just like she had been, they all had needles and tubes stuck uncomfortably inside them. Unable to just stand by and watch, Jennifer removed those diabolical instruments from their bodies, and they began to wake up.

Indeed, the three beings were anything but human. The first of them was something resembling a Gargoyle, almost nine feet tall with deep purple skin and leathery wings bigger than her own. The next one was a young man shorter than she was, with spiky brown hair and chiseled features quite similar to Jonathan. Jennifer could sense powerful magical energies emanating from this man, energies that did not feel human at all. The third, a man that was slim yet muscular, had an aura that reeked of darkness and death. As a Goddess of Light, Jennifer was instinctively repelled by such energies, but seeing him as another victim in this scheme, she decided to free him anyways.

Jennifer looked around. The room only had one exit, and she didn't need to try opening it to know that the door was locked. She was stuck in a locked room with three male-looking creatures. That disturbed her, making her want to at least have something to cover herself. There didn't seem to be anything in the room that could be used to make any sort of clothing; the only material that could be used as fabrics was the feathers of her wings. This is going to hurt, Jennifer thought. At least they'll grow back.

Closing her eyes, Jennifer felt a sharp pain in her back as her wings exploded into a flurry of snow-white feathers. Quickly gathering her powers, Jennifer sent out threads of blue light, twining around the white feathers and binding them around her body. The blue threads of light weaved in and out of the feathers, slowly moulding them, until they slowly turned into something resembling the white dress she had worn before. It would take a couple of minutes for the feathers to grow back, and it hurt, but it sure was better than being naked.

Xoned

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103458#msg103458
« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2010, 02:50:51 am »
So blood, did you just wake me, $$$, and helios up?

$$$man

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103460#msg103460
« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:33 am »
So blood, did you just wake me, $$$, and helios up?
im pretty sure he did :) thanx blood ;)

Purity_Riot

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103461#msg103461
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:41 am »

Sanctus sighed as his request for a needle went ignored. Taking a second longer to study the lock, then standing and walking over to the table he had awoken upon only moments before. Grabbing one of the tubes with needles on the end, ripping it out of the machine, sending it crashing to the ground. Startled, everyone in the room turned to look at him him in surprise. He had even managed to draw the silent winged-woman in the doctor's coat out of her planning. He huffed with a shrug, then turned back to the door, bending at the knees until the handle and lock were at eye level, then began to pick the lock.
   Within moments, he heard the satisfying clinking of the tumbler rolling, the lock successfully unlocked. Getting up and scanning the room, Sanctus quickly took stock of anything useful, then went about collecting it. Ten minutes later, Sanctus had taken every needle in the room and now held them in the pocket of a labcoat he found amongst a pile of others. He brought the pile out into the middle of the room and then dropped it. The other pocket contained a length of tubing approximately a foot and a half in length. He ignored the others as they grabbed labcoats and threw them on, then continued to huddle around the winged woman, intent on following their savior to salvation.
   Never one for saviors, Sanctus walked up to his unlocked door, silently opened it, then slipped out, unnoticed by the other people in the room, leaving it slightly ajar for the others as he began to wander the halls of this mysterious building.

Xoned

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103465#msg103465
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2010, 02:58:16 am »
Yawning, Zeph quietly sat up.

That was a long fall.

Normally weird things like this only happen in dreams. He pinched himself in an attempt to return to reality even though his nerves had died long ago. Slowly it began to sink in. He was trapped here, wherever here was.

Looking around the room he saw an angel removing tubes and various apperatuses from other beings, each with a different aura. Over in the corner a man was picking a lock.

The rest of the party was gathering in the centre of the room around the angel. Launching himself off the table Zeph ran over to the group and discovered that the angel was covered in feathers. Everyone appeared nervous, constatly looking over their shoulders.

Striding confidently into the centre of the group Zeph stood beside the angel.

"Hey everyone! Zeph's the name, and I have three questions. First, who the hell are all of you? What the hell is going on? And lastly," He said, turning to the angel. "Are you single?"

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103468#msg103468
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2010, 03:00:59 am »
Um... Purity? Aren't you supposed to wait until I'm finished? I always finish my story parts with a horizontal line.

Also, there was no doctor's coat. Gl1tch was speaking metaphorically when he wrote that sentence; he meant that Jennifer took on a doctor-like role.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103470#msg103470
« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2010, 03:01:55 am »
Um... Purity? Aren't you supposed to wait until I'm finished? I always finish my story parts with a horizontal line.

Also, there was no doctor's coat. Gl1tch was speaking metaphorically when he wrote that sentence; he meant that Jennifer took on a doctor-like role.
Wrong-o.

She is donning clothing.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103471#msg103471
« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2010, 03:03:10 am »
And that directly contradicts Essence's post, where Angus saw Jennifer using her wings to cover herself.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg103476#msg103476
« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2010, 03:09:58 am »
...maybe?

You kind of screwed up the timeline a bit, and he was just following suit.  This is what I thought happened:

She wakes up
She fiddles around with computer
Essence sees her
She dons clothing

Events happen.  I'll look back and double check.

anything
blarg: