*Author

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100101#msg100101
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2010, 05:11:20 pm »
ROUND THREE!  The round of introversion.  Time to dish out some rewards and penalties.
BloodShadow, for dancing on the edge of godmodding all game, shall not be allowed to choose his challenge, and instead must write in a situation disgustingly horrible for his character.  This would be the "on the moon" I promised.
Helios, for the same crimes to a lesser extent, and for ignoring the fact that a message was intercepted, also gets less control over his actions.
Essence, for remaining in character despite being unable to control the plotline do to godmoding on other players parts, will be rewarded by being allowed to choose his own trial.

"My Emperor, everything is in place for the next round," said Sir Bonavich, "I suggest we move quickly so that the trap may be sprung."
"I see, just let me put Abbadon back in his cage"
The fighters watched in perpetual fear as the great Sol Invictus shone brightly in the world.  This impressive display of strength was eclipsed by a gigantic hand grabbing Abbadon, and lifting him through dimensions.
"Wha' the HELL?!" said a Troll, when darts began to rain down from the sky.
The fighters fell to the ground, unconscious.  But Abbadon's attack was not without casualties.  Big Bob lay on the ground, his life gone, and his dog whimpering over him, all alone.

Sol Invictus' unconscious awoke in a dream world.  Known as "Eclipsiea" the entire solar system consisted of one gas giant, it's giant moon, and one planet they orbited around.  Two suns proceeded to orbit around this planet.  It was a fascinating phenomenon, the planet was pulled equally by all gravitational forces, making it stay in place.  As consequence, the surface of the planet was constantly in both lunar and solar eclipse.  And as Jonathan's unconscious lay there, figments of his imagination were inserted by the fear based neurotoxin.  There was Jennifer, her inner demons released by the lunar eclipse, there was Abbadon, fighting beside her, fighting beside him.  And the three of them, ravaged uncontrollably through the Temple of Solaris, the galaxian pantheon looking in horror as they were massacred.  Of course, Jonathan was actually lying unconscious in a desert, but his mind was cut off from all outside contact by powerful impish magic, and he had no way of possibly realizing the world wasn't real.  And the demons within him were very, very, real.

Arcterael's subconscious sent him to similarly horrible depths.  There, in the council of heaven, it was deathly silent.  It was empty.  Heaven was empty.  He was alone.  The dead bodies of everyone he'd ever known lay around him.
"Who... who did this?" he asked, desperately.
"Y-y-y-you did..." whimpered a little girl, the last one left.  Suddenly, her eyes glowed red, her tears became a wicked smile, and before Arcterael stood the arch nemesis of all heaven.  "...as per my orders".

In fact, all of the warriors were sent into a spiraling dream of horror and despair, their most horrible memories and fears twisting into one freak of a horror story, and they were powerless to help.

"Sir," said Sir Bonavich, "the trap has been set.  Arctereal's intercepted message will be delivered as soon as he wakes up.  Abbadon will be released when Jonathan does the same.  And look who we have here."
The young imp squeaked in delight.  Jennifer, in all her beauty, lay chained in front of the emperor.
"Who... what are you?!" she asked.  She couldn't be chained, not like this.  Nothing should be able to do this.
"We are Imps" said the Emperor, "inter-dimensional manipulative persons".  We have savaged your world, and worlds stronger, learning their secrets.  We hold the collective power of everything that is, could be, and couldn't be.  If it were possible to be stronger, we find, learn, and destroy that knowledge."
Jennifer looked flabbergasted, such beings were unheard of.  They couldn't exist!  ...could they?
"Yes," said Sir Bonavich, "we can.  And we can read minds, so don't bother trying to call your friend.  We can stop such things from happening."
"What do you want from me?" asked Jennifer, trying to remain calm.
Sir Bonavich looked at the Emperor.  The Emperor thought for a moment, remembered he didn't like doing that, and then smiled.
"Well... this round is boring... so for now?  You can start by stripping."

Wellllp, that should significantly piss people off, and hopefully balance some stuff.  Have fun being furious ;D

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100164#msg100164
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »
 :o Gl1tch you are a meanie. But Blood did get a little bit (ok not little but a WHOLE LOT) OP. But not Helios though. He controlled his character finely.

Poor Jennifer.....

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100210#msg100210
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2010, 06:43:40 pm »
Whooo...this'll be fun, but it's gonna take me a while.  Expect to hear from me sometime tomorrow afternoon. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100281#msg100281
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »
Gl1tch, I hate you. Perhaps I should not have joined this RPG after all. I guess you're the kind of DM who enjoys torturing the players. If I'm the DM, I will let the players decide their own plots and interfere as little as possible. It's extremely annoying to plan very far ahead, and have all that planned storyline crushed to nothing by one whimsical action of the DM.

As for the situation you put my character into, it will be changed in the following ways:
- There will be no Abaddon in the illusion world. Abaddon is a nobody, just a random minor antagonist that took me less than five minutes to think of. He has no place in Jonathan's story. Eclipsis is enough for him to deal with.
- There is no neurotoxin in existence strong enough to affect Jonathan, or any supernatural being for that matter, so whatever that's causing the illusion will have to be magic-based.

I have one request for you, Gl1tch. If you're not a complete and utter sadistic jerk, you will agree to this. In round 4, the Emperor will cause a real solar eclipse to occur. When that happens, Eclipsis will come out for real, not just in an illusion world. Then we'll have the Arcterael vs Eclipsis fight. If you do not agree to this request, then I will quit this RPG, because why should I keep playing when you keep denying me of what I planned just for spite?

Also, in this round, there is no character interaction whatsoever? Then this will be a very short round.

Never mind what I said above. I just read your last part about how the Emperor captured Jennifer. I quit this RPG.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

miniwally

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100285#msg100285
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »
It's his RPG and I think he should be allowed to 'guide' it in anyway he feels fit and I can't see what you ave against it and you seem to have made your character more powerful than anyone elses after all, you managed to kill abaddon in one where as archateal only managed to scratch it, I think when you defeat 'the final bosses' you should probably make it more a team kill rather than Johnathon turns awesome and kills the beast threatening them.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100288#msg100288
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »
Never mind all that. I quit this RPG. There is no way, at all, that I can work with Jennifer being captured by the Emperor. If Gl1tch doesn't remove that, I quit.

I guess it's time to start planning for my own RPG, one that will not get players into situations they're not comfortable with.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100294#msg100294
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »
I predicted that would happen. Now this RPG has way few players. But I liked Gl1tch as being GM, maybe he should do a do-over?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100304#msg100304
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2010, 08:37:01 pm »
Ummm...forgive me for saying so, but isn't the entire point of an RPG -- any RPG that involves actual role-playing -- to put characters in situations they're not comfortable with?

It's not really exploring a character unless you put him in a situation where he's not comfortable and competent.  Just as a random example, have you seen the movie The Scorpion King?  It was a crap movie, not because there wasn't coolness and action and awesome, but because The Rock never felt like he wasn't in control.  Because of that, there was never any growth on his part -- he was essentially the same character at the end of the movie as he was at the beginning.  That sucks.

And seriously, you can write absolutely anything you can justify.  Gl1tch hasn't tried to stop you yet; he's just worked with what you wrote and kept going.  You can do the same.

But, whatever.  It's not really my place to tell you that you're missing a huge opportunity to develop this character (that you obviously love) in new and exciting ways, or that you're kind of being a whiny snit.  We all knew when we started this that there was going to be railroading at some point -- I mean, seriously, all but one of us is going to die despite our best efforts to the contrary.  If you can't take the heat, man, stay out of the kitchen.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100311#msg100311
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2010, 08:47:57 pm »
I'm perfectly OK with the situation Gl1tch put Jonathan into; I've already thought of ways that Jonathan can get out of it. However, I cannot work with the situation Gl1tch put Jennifer into. I can work around most things, but there is a limit. I will not have a female character raped, because that's simply immoral and wrong.

Gl1tch, I want you to remove the part where Jennifer got captured. That's the part that I absolutely cannot work with. If you get rid of that part, then I won't be quitting this RPG.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100468#msg100468
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2010, 12:30:19 am »
Huh, I guess I stepped on a few toes here...

You know in Star Wars when Jabba the Hut captures princess Leia?  Nothing gross actually happens, and in fact she just makes his life worse by trying to strangle her.

If you would like, I can give you a sneak peak at what's to come.  It'll make sense once you get there.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100475#msg100475
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2010, 12:43:38 am »
Gl1tch, see my PM. That's what I had planned, and I need Jennifer there. Unless you have better plot suggestions...

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg100590#msg100590
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2010, 04:59:17 am »
Just a heads up, if you did not mention lucid dreaming in your character sheet (someone did once), your character cannot realize they are asleep.  Don't bother editing, I'll know.

blarg: