*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96477#msg96477
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2010, 12:26:10 am »
The eclipse won't happen until we're at stage four. Right now we're at stage two, the pyramid; Gl1tch said stage three is going to be on the Moon, which is a perfect opportunity to introduce Luna.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

miniwally

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96478#msg96478
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:05 am »
Well then go kill some people.....accidently if you must :P.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96498#msg96498
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2010, 12:49:07 am »
Finally, I can post something. Editing.

"Of course, dear uncle. I will do that as soon as I can," said Jennifer, smiling at Arcterael as though she had known him before.

That had surprised Jonathan, because he had never heard such a thing from her. He only knew that Sagirael, Jennifer's father, was formerly the Archangel of Justice, but he would have never once imagined that Arcterael was his brother. But then, it was to be expected, since Arcterael exuded an inner Light that was very similar in color with that of Jennifer's. If Arcterael thought that Jennifer should contact the current Archangel of Justice, then that would only further fortify Jonathan's plan; it was always beneficial to have another ally.

And then, there was Nanuuk, who seemed rather... startled... by Jennifer's sudden appearance. The Marid's face was blushing furiously, turning his blue-skinned face into a strange shade of purple. Jonathan was not surprised. Even the other Gods in the galaxian pantheon marveled at Luna's beauty, saying that her beauty surpassed even Venus, the Goddess of Love. Jonathan watched in amusement as Nanuuk stammered, trying to talk to Jennifer. If it got out of hand, Jonathan would just show Nanuuk a big sword. A really big sword.

After several unsuccessful attempts to say his words, Nanuuk ran toward the pyramid, trying to hid his nervousness. He ran into the orange, trollish form of Angus Thermopyle, who then literally dragged the rest of the group with him into the pyramid. Angus looked at Jennifer's lithe body in a quite ungentlemanly way, but Jonathan was not overly concerned; if the troll had tried anything, he would learn the hard way, in the form of an arrow buried painfully in his arm, that Jennifer was anything but a pushover.

After walking for a few minutes in the pyramid's narrow hallway, the hall suddenly branched into six different pathways. In one of the hallways, themed after the Hallowed Age, Arcterael noted that his weapon was hidden there. Jonathan nodded in agreement, because he could clearly feel the calling of his Excalibur down the end of the path. As they moved into the hallway, Jonathan could see twenty or so massive stone statues, carved to resemble Gods of various pantheons. They looked harmless enough, but given what the group had faced before, Jonathan could not help but grow alert.

Suddenly, Big Bob stopped to examine one of the statues, and Angus tripped. "Goddammit!" He swore.

Abruptly, the stone statues started moving all at once. "BLASPHEMY!!!" The statues cried, expressions of not-quite-divine wrath on their stone faces. "You must be cleansed, Angus Thermopyle. Prepare to face JUDGMENT!" And they began attacking at once. Arcterael shouted something about a strategic formation, but none of them seemed to hear, as they threw fireballs, ice shards, bullets, and strange green gum-like materials at the statues. Nanuuk tried to do something to impress Jennifer, only to have Arcterael whisper something in his ear that made him turn from red-purple to white. Smiling to himself, Jonathan decided to add some salt onto Nanuuk's wound. Just so you know, he said telepathically to the Marid, she's been my girlfriend for the past two thousand years.

Jonathan was silently grinning to himself, until he saw the face of the giant statue that was attacking Nanuuk.

For three seconds, he simply stared at the statue.

Then, he had to blink twice, to make sure that he wasn't hallucinating.

"...seriously?!" Jonathan finally said. Standing in front of him, carved out of solid yellow and white granite, was a gigantic statue of Sol Invictus. A statue of Jonathan himself. But whoever made that statue, Jonathan now felt a strong urge to punch the sculptor in the face, hard. The statue of Sol made him look like the bogeyman on a caffeine rush.

"Ouch," the astral projection of Jennifer giggled. "At least they don't have a statue of myself-"

She stopped talking, as another statue approached them. This time, Jonathan involuntarily cringed. Whoever made those statues, I'm really going to have a little talk with him, Jonathan thought. If the statue of Sol looked bad, the word "bad" could not even begin to describe what the statue of Luna Selene looked like. "...no comment," Jennifer said.

But the statues sure weren't aware that their real-life counterparts were standing in front of them. They roared, and the Sol statue unsheathed its humongous fake Excalibur made of stone. The statue charged at Jonathan.

Jonathan dodged nimbly, easily avoiding the blow from the massive stone sword. "I can't believe I'm about to destroy a statue of myself," he muttered. With a wave of his hand, a dozen swords made of condensed white light materialized in thin air. They soared toward the direction of the Sol statue, but they only managed to scrape its surface. Feeling another blow coming from behind, Jonathan dodged again, just in time to avoid an energy blast shot from the stone bow of the Luna statue. "At least they got the color right," Jennifer said, floating beside Jonathan. As an astral projection, she couldn't really do anything to help; but back in her royal palace at the Kingdom of Astaria, she was already preparing a mythical ritual that would locate Jonathan and his friends.

The statue of Sol roared again, and swung its giant stone blade haphazardly. Jonathan almost cringed again; how could a replica of himself fight in such an inelegant style? "Time to show you how the real Sol Invictus fights," he muttered. Gathering his powers of Light, he summoned a single light-sword, and poured energy into it until it glowed white-hot with power. Then he unleashed the sword, not at the statue but at the ceiling.

"剑影空落!"

The energy sword exploded, erupting into a bright flare of Light that quickly expanded. From the flare of Light, there came down swords made of energy, hundreds upon hundreds of them. If Jonathan's previous attack against the tentacled monster was like a hailstorm of blades, the one he just unleashed was a tempest tornado. Thousands of swords rained upon the statues like Heaven's judgment, while passing through Jonathan's friends harmlessly.

Just so you guys know, Jonathan has six "standard" attacks that involve conjuring up energy swords. They're listed in increasing power:

1. 气剑破天: A simple sword made of light.
2. 剑光残影: A swarm of swords launched at once.
3. 剑影空落: Thousands of swords falling from the sky like rain.
4. 剑破苍穹: A very large sword launched at the enemy.
5. 剑落太虚: An extremely huge sword falling from the sky.
6. 仙剑飞虹: CLASSIFIED

As of now, number 1-4 have been used.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96631#msg96631
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49:46 am »
So, how is someone like me who sees only boxes for the names of all of those attacks supposed to tell them apart?

;p
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96644#msg96644
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2010, 05:09:27 am »
So, how is someone like me who sees only boxes for the names of all of those attacks supposed to tell them apart?

;p
noob lolololololololololololololol

Hmm... Your computer can't display Chinese characters. I don't know exactly how to fix it, but Google is your friend.

Also, I look forward to Nanuuk's response to "stay away from my niece" and "she's been my girlfriend for 2000 years". :P

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96658#msg96658
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2010, 05:33:03 am »
Gl!tch: Please do not intercept the message to Heaven again. It is my method for bringing Catyrael, Archangel of Justice and an NPC into the story.
Since you said please..."Another one?" sighed the Emperor, exasperated.
"Yes.  It seems hard for this Angel to comprehend that his 'heaven' is just another parallel universe, like all the rest.  And unlike all the rest, this parallel universe is isolated, meaning his message is going to get, well, the equivalent of a busy signal."
The Emperor thought, then disgusted by his previous action, demanded Sir Bonavich do it for him.  "So what do we do?"
Sir Bonavich smiled.  "We delay and redirect"
"Who we sendin' it to this time?" asked one of the more courageous imps.  The other imps cringed, but the Emperor looked at him in surprise, and realized this imp had more in common with his leader than any of the Emperors 49 wives.  He allowed the imp to sit at the foot of his couch.
"Oh," said Sir Bonavich, "we're sending it to it's intended recipient.  It'll just get there when we want it to."
The Emperor looked at his loyal butler.  "Does that mean the next round is...."
Sir Bonavich chuckled.
"Oh you treat me too well," said the Emperor, eating another grape and turning his mind back to the killings.
Sir Bonavich, meanwhile, had his mind on other things.  Specifically, just how he'd be "treating" the Emperor soon enough.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96681#msg96681
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:50 am »
...and the Emperor failed to detect Jonathan's message to Jennifer. Ha, U PHAIL! >:D But you don't need to edit your post, it's fine.

And unlike Arcterael's contact with Heaven, Jonathan's contact with Jennifer does not rely on parallel universes. It rely on the fabric of existence itself, and only Zanzarino and Chuck Norris can break that. Thus, even if you intercept Arcterael's message, Catyrael will still be contacted by Jennifer.

The third round is on the Moon, right? Also, I say that Zanz kills the Emperor. :P

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96685#msg96685
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:23 am »
Yes BloodShadow.  For the third round, you will be on the moon.

And Jonathan's message to Jennifer was detected.  It was just allowed to go through.

Teeeeeee heeeee.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96687#msg96687
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:38 am »
"Allowed" to go through? It is impossible to stop, even by the mighty Emperor! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!111111 >:D

In the very end, are we going to have some sort of huge uber giant battle that involves lots and lots of NPCs? If yes, then I might introduce more Gods in the Galaxian Pantheon into this.

I'm bored, so I'll just list the Galaxian Pantheon here:

Sol - Light
Luna - Light
Mercury - Water
Venus - Air
Terra - Earth
Mars - Fire
Jupiter - Thunder
Saturn - Time
Uranus - Sky
Neptune - Ocean
Pluto - Death

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96802#msg96802
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:27 am »
Teeeeeee heeeee.
Hey! That's my line! In this RPG, at least.

Also, I look forward to Nanuuk's response to "stay away from my niece" and "she's been my girlfriend for 2000 years".
So do I. Let's find out, shall we?

Reserved.

"Is it alright with you if I requested that you...leave the astral projection of my niece in peace?" Arctarael whispered to Nanuuk.

Uh oh. Niece. Peace. That rhymes, right? Nanuuk's face flushed into a color not readily defined by the visible spectrum. "Uh, sure," Nanuuk said awkwardly. "Nope. No problem at all..." This is going to be awkward. I would run away, but the statues are...

Just so you know, she's been my girlfriend for the past two thousand years. Jonathan conveyed to Nanuuk with his mind.

Yeah, I'm running. Nanuuk set off on a crazed dash away from Jonathan, Arctarael, and the projection of Jennifer. The tension and awkwardness was too much for his brain to handle. He weaved through giant swords, stone arrows, and giant stone feet as he ran wherever he could. Finally, he stopped, panting. He looked around him. All right, I'm pretty far away. He seemed to be somewhere behind the pack of giant statues. Jonathan was locked into combat some distance away with two of the statues and seemed to be doing pretty well.

Well, I'll just chill out here where the statues can't see me and those Angels can't embarrass me, he said, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Suddenly, he instinctively drove his body against the floor. A giant hammer came crashing down onto the floor inches in front of Nanuuk's face. Nanuuk leaped to his feet and was angry. "What're you trying to do, KILL me?"

His assailant, a huge, iron statue of some fat bearded man with a really big hammer, responded by swinging his hammer. Nanuuk squeaked and rolled underneath his legs. I'll take that as a yes. He could feel the tremors the hammer sent through the ground as he got up behind the statue.

"Take THIS!" Nanuuk swung a pitiful fist at the statue's foot. Hand met iron and iron won. It was doubtful whether the statue even felt Nanuuk's attack. The statue slowly turned around, but Nanuuk knew to shift his position such that he was always behind it.

"Where are you, you pathetic little spirit! I will crush you to bits!" The statue spoke in a deep, rumbling tone that may just as easily have come from his stomach. Oh, well. I can't take him. I guess I'll just keep dodging him until the cavalry arrives. This iron giant's not going to come down when I'm fighting him, I know that much.

As Nanuuk watched the lumbering statue from behind, something clicked. Iron.

Nanuuk walked backwards briskly, almost tripping over himself twice. When he was a suitable distance away, he felt the moisture of the air with his open palms. Then, with a flick of his wrists, the moisture converted into water in its liquid form, which cascaded forwards in sheets towards the statue. Every square inch of the statue was soon covered in water.

"Tiny spirit, your attacks cannot harm me! I am made of iron!"

"Big fat inanimate object, your attacks cannot harm ME! You are too slow and fat and stuff!"

Bad idea. Next time, don't taunt someone seventy thousand times your size. With a roar, the statue ran with surprising speed towards Nanuuk. Nanuuk quickly slicked the floor with ice, then concentrated a powerful spray of water towards the giant. Yay for physics! he thought as the statue tripped, fell, and was blown all the way back by the power of the water.

And the statue didn't get up, either. He struggled to get to his feet, but his legs didn't behave as they should have. "What have you done?" the statue groaned in barely comprehensible bass tones.

"Water plus iron equals rust, you silly chicken," Nanuuk said. "And now you probably can't move your joints. Don't worry, your insides will rust soon enough and you won't feel a thing."

Nanuuk watched with a smug grin on his face as the fallen statue slowly stopped moving. Phew. That was too close. Next time, leave the fighting to those who can actually fight.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96820#msg96820
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2010, 12:27:42 pm »
Angus leapt to his feet, wishing his cannon was at hand.  Jonathan looked startled, for some reason, at the ugly-ass statue that was attacking him, and as he conjured up some mythic power to combat it, Angus noticed that, if he squinted just right, it looked like Jonathan.   Kinda.

I wonder if he's some sort of godling or sumthin', Angus asked himself as he assessed his situation.  Good to know we're not all entirely useless without our equipment.

The statues seemed momentarily focused on Jonathan, Nanuuk, and the hottie, despite having a stated goal of killing Angus.  He decided it was time to take advantage.  As Jonathan screamed some ancient Chinese something-or-other and launched a massive glowing sword at the ceiling, Angus took off between the statues legs, noticing that Arctarael seemed to be having the same thought -- he was flying over the statues' heads, headed for his (presumably) magical sword and armor. 

Angus realized that probably, it was best to let the angel get his job done, and he gritted his teeth in self-loathing.  Dammit...I'm gonna have to take the high road, aren't I?  I HATE the high road.

It should be noted, trolls hate a lot of things.  Among the most common are Valkyries, anti-dandruff shampoo, and sacrificing oneself so that other people can have the glory.  Angus was accustomed to letting his team sneak around and get out without making a mess -- but that's not glory, it's the opposite of glory.  Angus was always there when stuff was going wrong, and he got to exercise his chaos-making nature AND save the day at the same time.

This moment was quite the opposite of that, but in exactly the opposite way from how he was used to being opposite.  This wasn't no glory...this was giving the glory to the other guy.

Angus HATED that.

He stopped running.

A huge rumble echoed across the chamber, and a wash of dust and air blasted past him as a gigantic peice of ceiling came crashing down and shattered five of the statues into rubble undistinguishable from the ceiling itself.

Angus turned around, looking at the backs of the statues still occupying themselves with Jonathan and Jennifer -- the seven that hadn't yet been taken down.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat.

No one noticed in the least. 

Behind him, Arctarael was approaching a glowing sphere of power that seemed to hold his weapons and armor.

Before him, a pile of animated stone and iron statues -- the ones that weren't flattened under a huge chunk of the ceiling -- tried to flatten the graceful and evasive angelic and aqueous spirits.

Big Bob was hiding while Rupert did his best to help by distracting the statues, getting flattened on a regular basis. 

Angus inhaled as hard as he could.

"Hey, you stupid lumps of rock!"

Angus inhaled again, closing his eyes and shaking with the sheer rage he felt against what he was about to do.

"Hey!  You gods are all dead, you know that!  None of you even really exist!  You're all just a bunch of broken-down HAS BEENS!  No one with half a brain believes in ANY of you anymore!  You don't have followers, you have MEMORIES!  Nietzsche was right!  NEITZSCHE WAS RIGHT!!!"

When he opened his eyes, it was to see a titanic stone axe streaking toward his head.  Behind it, he saw the statues -- every single one -- forming a circle around him, ensuring his demise was inevitable.  Not one was paying the least bit of attention to any of the rest of the group.

Oh, fuck.  This is gonna --

Then, something happened.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg96964#msg96964
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2010, 04:47:25 pm »
The bomb detonated.

=o

Did you think it was going to wait?

anything
blarg: