*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95217#msg95217
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2010, 06:39:11 pm »
Come on, people. Post something.

The next stage is probably going to be on the Moon. Which is a perfect way for Luna to make her entrance.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95233#msg95233
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2010, 07:11:55 pm »
Th-th-the friggin' MOON?!

Well... at least there's water on the Moon. Right?

Reserved.

"I'm Big Bob," said the huge man in the strange clothes. Big Bob flashed Nanuuk a strange smile. Despite his strangeness, Nanuuk felt that he could be trusted somehow; and he looked pretty strong, too. HE can protect me!

"And I'm Angus," said the even bigger troll with orange skin. Nanuuk instinctively took a step back. Even without his metal tube of death, the troll looked strong enough to snap... an ox... in half. Yeah, if I stick by this guy, I won't get hurt by anyone... except maybe him.

"Abe Fintz," said a strange young girl Nanuuk had never seen before. The girl then donned a baseball cap and straightened her tattered clothes. Pshaw. Teenagers nowadays, always caring about clothes. See, when I was a teenager-

"Grydit here," growled a strange voice behind Nanuuk before he could finish his thought. Nanuuk whirled around to see a tall man with horns and a body of what seemed to be made of fire and rock. Oh wow... this guy's like an afrit or something! Bad fire! Bad!

"Nice to meet you all... I'm Nanuuk the Marid at your service," he said nervously.

After a bit of bickering, Angus led Big Bob, Abe, and Grydit towards the pyramid. Nanuuk longed to follow Big Bob, but Grydit and Angus simply scared him, and Abe annoying him. A lot. I'll stay with these light elementals for now. Plus, Jonathan said he could find my Glacius. I'll need it soon enough.

Jonathan closed his eyes. Nanuuk felt a shift in the dimensions, and he knew that Jonathan was trying to communicate with the Astral Plane or another parallel dimension. Hopefully, this will work... I want to get out of here. It's way too hot.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95262#msg95262
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »
Um... Icy, I thought this was not your normal desert... Because Jonathan couldn't feel the scorching heat at all... But whatever, I'm just nitpicking again.

As for the Moon part, I don't know... Depends on if it's the real world Moon, or fantasy Moon. The real world Moon is just a big chunk of barren gray rock, while the fantasy-esque Moon is in Heaven, with lots of rivers and lakes and blue crystal structures, all in courtesy of Luna. I'm assuming that Gl1tch wants to send us to the gray-barren-rock Moon, because sending the party to the fantasy Moon dominated by Luna is basically sending Jonathan home.

Helios

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95266#msg95266
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »
Um... Icy, I thought this was not your normal desert... Because Jonathan couldn't feel the scorching heat at all... But whatever, I'm just nitpicking again.

As for the Moon part, I don't know... Depends on if it's the real world Moon, or fantasy Moon. The real world Moon is just a big chunk of barren gray rock, while the fantasy-esque Moon is in Heaven, with lots of rivers and lakes and blue crystal structures, all in courtesy of Luna. I'm assuming that Gl1tch wants to send us to the gray-barren-rock Moon, because sending the party to the fantasy Moon dominated by Luna is basically sending Jonathan home.
Not to mention the fact that Arcterael too would be very well at home on the Moon in Heaven.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95277#msg95277
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
Oh well, I'll just give Luna this OP ability to teleport to any Moon in any parallel universe. :P But we'll see how things turn out; Gl1tch did say that he'll give me an opportunity to introduce Luna.

@Helios: I have some questions on your character's background story.

Are there also the Archangel of Love and Archangel of Faith? If yes, then is Solraegiel, the Chief Archangel, more powerful than the Archangels of Love, Hope and Faith?

Does Arcterael know Catyrael, the Archangel of Justice? I'm not saying that we cross this RPG over with the other Elements RPG, but I'm just curious.

Is it possible that Arcterael is related to Jennifer Lunaria's father, who was an Archangel? Their colors are both light blue. And in case you did not see my post a few pages ago, Jonathan was raised in Heaven because his father was a human and his mother was an Archangel, while Jennifer was raised in the mortal plane because her father was an Archangel and her mother was the human queen.

Helios

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95362#msg95362
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2010, 09:34:10 pm »
There are seven positions upon the Council:

1) Chief Archangel

2) Hope

3) Justice

4) Mercy

5) Love

6) Fate

7) War

Further, Solraegiel forever remains one of Heaven's greatest legends; none have managed to be as great or powerful as he, though the Council Archangels are near-equals.

Concerning Catyrael, I was actually referencing him when I mentioned Arcterael's friendship with the Archangel of Justice. I also intend to introduce him as a secondary character later.

Finally, I have not established any canon regarding the relationship between Arcterael and Jennifer, despite having noticed their similar colour scheme, but the former being the latter's father would be an acceptable canonic entry for me.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95425#msg95425
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2010, 11:02:05 pm »
No... Arcterael being Jennifer's father would be kind of awkward. I was thinking maybe he's the brother of Jennifer's father or something, thus making him her uncle.

Also, why no Archangel of Faith? Love, Hope and Faith, as I understand, form some sort of Christian trinity. Maybe the Chief Archangel represents Faith, since Angels are all about "believing in God" or something like that?

Now I have the urge to bring Jonathan Haemos Shade, my character from the other RPG, in here :P Their faces are actually identical.

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95429#msg95429
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2010, 11:05:38 pm »
Their faces are actually identical.
Oh, gee! Who knew? :P

Helios

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95485#msg95485
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2010, 12:29:18 am »
No... Arcterael being Jennifer's father would be kind of awkward. I was thinking maybe he's the brother of Jennifer's father or something, thus making him her uncle.

Also, why no Archangel of Faith? Love, Hope and Faith, as I understand, form some sort of Christian trinity. Maybe the Chief Archangel represents Faith, since Angels are all about "believing in God" or something like that?

Now I have the urge to bring Jonathan Haemos Shade, my character from the other RPG, in here :P Their faces are actually identical.
My suggestion about the father-daughter relationship was a misreading on my part. Being uncle is fine with me.

If you are inclined to have the Chief Archangel also assume the position and title of Archangel of Faith, that receives my approbation as well.

Like Icy, I would never, ever have expected the shocking and scandalising similarity between the Jonathans :)

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95497#msg95497
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2010, 12:39:11 am »
You're not going to post a part here today, Helios, are you...

Also, imagine what will happen if the two Jonathans fight each other. They both think they're all-powerful uber-gods. :P Strangely enough, they were identical twins in my original fiction that I wrote in Chinese. Nearly everything I write are from those things I wrote before.

Editing.

"So you were abducted by this completely random person, and thrown into some kind of twisted gladiator ring, for some guy's sick amusement?!" Jennifer was seething with outrage after hearing Jonathan's words. "And now the Excalibur, a part of your soul, has been taken away?!" The light from her blue eyes were no longer soft and gentle; they were now cold and icy, like the frosted rays of the Moon in a cold winter night. "When I find out who is behind this, I will fire an arrow into the very center of its twisted essence!"

"Calm down, Jenny," Jonathan put his arms around Jennifer, trying to soothe her icy fury. "I will find out the villain behind all this, and I will make sure that he is punished for his crimes." Then, he looked into her eyes, his own bright golden eyes meeting her luminous blue ones. "But right now, there is one thing I need you to do."

"Anything, John," Jennifer whispered. "We will face this together."

"Good," Jonathan smiled. "Now, listen carefully. First, keep our mental link connected at all times. Do not ever let us be disconnected..."

Slowly, Jonathan opened his eyes. The first thing that came into his vision was the massive black pyramid, its obsidian heights looming ominously ahead. Beside him were Nanuuk and Arcterael; the Water spirit was looking nervous and impatient, while the Archangel was calm as ever.

"Was the contact successful?" Arcterael asked.

Jonathan smiled. He was now feeling more confident than ever, because he could clearly feel Jennifer's gentle and feminine presence. "You can ask her that," he laughed, and snapped his fingers. Something ignited, and a shower of white and golden sparks erupted out of Jonathan's hand. But instead of dissipating, the sparks of light grew brighter and more stable, and rearranged themselves; their colors gradually changed from the bright golden yellow to a soft, gentle hue of blue. Within moments, the motes of light transformed themselves into a shimmering, ethereal image of a beautiful girl with long black hair and blue eyes.

The glowing astral projection of Jennifer looked around, and smiled. "Hello," she said, looking at Arcterael and Nanuuk. "My name is Jennifer Lunaria. I am Jonathan's friend, and I believe that I can help you escape from this dimensional prison."

I'll leave it like this for now. If nobody posts when I come back from dinner, I might add something else.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95655#msg95655
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2010, 04:53:54 am »
Well, it looks like it's down to the four of us now, with Demagog gone.

]Wow, it's like I'm actually going on a mission instead of waiting outside.  That's gnarly.

Anxious to exercise his new role, Angus practically dragged everyone into the pyramid with him.  "OK, now, keep an eye out for traps.  Hey, Sun," he nodded at Jonathan, "Can you bend light with those powers?  'Cause there's a laser tripwire over that hallway, if we ever decide to go down it.  Yeah," he cut off Big Bob before he could ask, "Trolls see better than humans."

The pyramid's entrance led into a surprisingly small hallway, only to suddenly branch off into a half-dozen side hallways, each themed after a particular era: Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Information Age, Mythic Age, and Hallowed Age.  Angus wasn't sure where those last two fit in exactly, but he figured that he'd ask one of the angels if he really needed to know. 

The main hallway then abruptly ended in a massive room...with a massive grey pillar of light that disappeared into the vaulted ceiling...and a table full of luxurious food and drink, this one more Middle Eastern than Oriental.

Angus looked at the others.  "Last time I ate food from one of these tables, the Sphynx showed up.  Not sure if it was coincidence--"

Big Bob yelped with joy as Rupert came snuffling into the room, following the smell of a massive mahi-mahi fish that was steaming gently in the middle of the table.  "RUPERT!!!" he yelled, and rushed up to his friend.  Rupert deigned to let Big Bob scratch him behind the ears. 

Angus, Big Bob, Abe, and Grydit tenatively sampled the food, and it was good...so good, in fact, that they forgot about the passage of time, the bomb, and the danger.  So good that it was only intervention of the other half of the group that brought them back to reality.

"Jennifer," began Jonathan, gesturing to a very beautiful lady that seemed to be just slightly unreal, "this is Big Bob, Angus, Grydit, and Abe."

Wow...I'd tap that. Angus thought to himself.  Jennifer looked at him with faint revulsion, as if she knew what he was thinking.  In the background, Arctereal was getting distracted by something.

"Now, what exactly are you doing eating food when you were so direly concerned about the bomb?" Jonathan asked.

The four at the table looked back and forth between themselves, and abruptly stood and regained their self-control.  Big Bob, still sneaking a lamb-filled pita pocket into his lab coat pocket, stammered an apology.

As Jonathan and Jennifer Tsked at them, Arcterael pulled his head back from the Hallowed Age hallway, and said "I sincerely apologize to everyone for interrupting, but it appears as though my weapon and shield are at the end of this hall -- can I pull you away from the feast and ask for your assistance?"

Jonathan knew that the Excalibur was also down that same hallway, so he nodded his agreement.

Everyone else agreed one by one, and the group began to move quietly down the Hallowed Age hall, past massive statue-like icons and altars to various dieties and extraplanar entities.  All was quiet for several dozen feet, until Big Bob suddenly stopped, distracted by one of the statues, and Angus tripped over him and collapsed onto the floor in a massive orange heap.

"God damn it!" Angus gunted as he stood up.

"BLASPHEMY!!!" came the cries of dozens of voices from all around them.  All at once, more than twenty massive stone statues, each individually almost twenty feet tall, began slowly to begin moving, all with expressions of dire anger on their faces.  "You must be cleansed, Angus Thermopyle.  Prepare to face JUDGEMENT!"

Angus blinked twice, and looked at his companions.  "Uhhh....sorry."
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg95656#msg95656
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2010, 04:57:15 am »
Erm... Essence? Jonathan, Nanuuk and Arcterael are still outside. They are discussing their plans with Luna. And I expect our weapons are much more well-hidden that that...

Also, Jonathan probably could bend that laser beam with photokinesis...

blarg: