*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93916#msg93916
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2010, 04:14:42 am »
Too bad, Demagog. You don't get to have your riddle, because Jonathan is going to slam the Sphinx with a giant energy-light-sword attack the moment it is distracted. >:D :P

Editing.

A gargantuan monster with giant leathery bat wings, the body of a lion, and a disturbingly human-looking head rose out of the abyssal depths. A Sphinx, Jonathan thought. That monster was a Sphinx. Jonathan had seen a Sphinx before in his life, but that Sphinx was quite unlike the one that was chasing them right now; that Sphinx had white, bird-like wings, no twisted horns and snake-like tongue, and it did not refer to itself in third person. Perhaps the thing that was chasing Jonathan, Arcterael and Nanuuk right now was a Sphinx corrupted by Darkness.

That beast was powerful. Even from a distance away, Jonathan could sense the raw metaphysical mass of that creature. It had so much innate magical power, that even Jonathan in his Angelic form might have trouble defeating it. If worse comes to worst, he could enter his Demigod form and slay the beast with relative ease, but handling the powers of a God would put a heavy toll on even the body of a half Angel. But as of now, Arcterael suggested that they retreat into a smaller room, where the demonic beast would have less room to maneuver.

The three of them were now inside a small, enclosed cavern, with rock on three side and a heavy wall on the fourth. The gap in the wall was small enough for a roughly human-sized creature to enter, but it was certainly far too large for the colossal Sphinx. "Your pathetic wall of rock will not stop the mighty Sphinx!" The beast roared again. Pointing its vicious horns forward like a bull, the Sphinx prepared to charge forward and reduce the wall to a pile of rubble.

Jonathan was quick to respond. He immediately called upon the inner Light within himself, a beautiful golden sheen like the Sun. Holding out that light in his hand, Jonathan touched the stone wall in front of him, infusing the dark granite with his own energies. Arcterael quickly joined in, fortifying the wall with his own inner Light, which was a calm, peaceful light blue. For a moment, that blue reminded Jonathan of someone else, the lithe and graceful form of a young girl with gentle blue eyes and long black hair. How could I forget? Jonathan asked himself. I should contact Luna; she might be able to find out where we are. Wait... Her name is Jennifer now, isn't it? He shook his head. Now was not the time to be thinking about his lover, the moon goddess Luna; he needed to contact her, after the Sphinx was defeated. Returning to reality, Jonathan saw that Nanuuk had formed a barrier of ice around the stone wall. Hopefully the ice will be stronger this time, Jonathan thought.

Jonathan silently readied himself for the impact. However, the beast never came. His curiosity getting the better of him, Jonathan decided to look outside, just in time to see something slam painfully into the Sphinx's eerily humanoid face. The blast was fired by a strange, brutish, orange-skinned creature, holding some sort of hand cannon. Beside the orange brute was a large, bald man in a white labcoat, with an even larger black hound. The orange-skinned creature seemed to be a troll, while the man in labcoat appeared perfectly human; the dog, a mass of jet-black fur and blood-red eyes, was a Hellhound. This keeps getting weirder and weirder, Jonathan thought.

The Sphinx roared in agony; it was hurt, but definitely not dead. "You have hurt the Sphinx, now you must perish!" It bellowed, and prepared to pounce.

"O great Sphinx," the big man in the labcoat stepped forward, "forgive my friend."

"Such deeds cannot be forgiven," the Sphinx boomed. But strangely enough, it did not attack.

"You see, we were sent here to assist you, and it appears that you really do need our help," the big man continued. "We would be more than happy to chase after your previous prey and bring it back to you. All we ask from you is safe passage and maybe a lift."

"Very well," the Sphinx replied. Jonathan was surprised. "The Sphinx will consider your request... if you can answer this riddle."

Jonathan almost laughed out loud. Yeah, right, he thought. As if the Sphinx will spare you after being outsmarted by a human. In Jonathan's previous encounter with a Sphinx, his girlfriend Luna easily answered the creature's riddle; humiliated and enraged, and seeing Luna as a luscious human female, the Sphinx decided to eat her anyways. Try to eat her. The beast had to be subdued, and Jonathan had made a mental note to himself: do not trust a Sphinx's honesty.

It might be a dirty way to accomplish things, and Jonathan did not like backstabbing even his enemies, at the moment they needed to finish off the Sphinx as quickly as possible. He began to squeeze through the roughly man-sized hole in the wall.

"What are you doing?" Nanuuk asked. "Why are you going out there?"

"I'm going to hit it while it's distracted by those two down below," Jonathan answered. Then he was out. He began to murmur an incantation, one of his more powerful techniques that required at least the Judgment form of the Excalibur to execute. Golden lightning began to crackle on the silvery white edge of the Excalibur, as energies of divine Light was gathered. The blade glowed white-hot, changing from silver to an intense, incandescent white. As the energy gathered, the sword seemed to grow in size again; but in fact it was being covered by one of the conjured energy swords that Jonathan used to materialize into thin air, albeit a much larger and more powerful one. In a few seconds while the Sphinx spoke its riddle, the attack was ready.

"剑破苍穹!"

A massive energy sword, composed of pure, incandescent white Light crackling with golden lightning, slammed into the winged back of the Sphinx. Its immense power seemed to rip open the very sky, as it crashed upon the horrendous beast.

To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93945#msg93945
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2010, 04:53:01 am »
Attention players!  You have achieved climax!  Whoever writes next should end their post magically warping away

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93948#msg93948
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2010, 04:53:58 am »
The Sphynx narrowed it's eyes at Big Bob, pondering it's riddle.  Big Bob looked back confidently: mind games and riddles were something his brain knew its way around well. 

"I have a head with no mouth and a mouth with no fangs.  I am always where you left me, but always end in change.  I am the lowest----"

Angus tried not to change his expression as the massive energy sword rose up and up and up over the Sphynx's massive back.  Finally, the glow -- Probably the heat, too, thought Angus, caught the Sphynx's attention, and it turned just as one of the glowing entities standing on that high ledge brought his hand down in a swift chopping action.

"剑破苍穹!" the call resounded across the room, and the Sphynx ducked it's head as the light blade split it's spine apart and revealed some exotic organs to the air.  A smaller, more uncertain-looking spirit poked his head out of the cave under the outstretched arm of the glowing being.

"Hoarus!" the scrawny spirit called, and suddenly a blossom of ice crystals bloomed in the Sphynx's back, spreading the split body even further apart like a wedge.  Impossibly, the Sphynx started to lift it's head against the pain, and it's whiplike tail nearly severed Big Bob's head from it's shoulders, but for Rupert's sudden leap, taking the blow meant for Bob.

"RUPERT!!!" Bob shouted...but the hound simply gathered itself up and fused it's body back together as though this were typical Tueday evening behavior.  Bob stopped, stunned, and scratched his head. 

Above, another luminous being had just leapt into the air, wings spread and sword and shield at the ready.
"Elbereth!" the shout came.

Big Bob looked at Angus with an expression of realization. "Hey, Angus -- it's a river!"

Angus looked around in confusion.  "Where?"

Bob shook his head.  "No, the answer.  It's a RIVER!"

Angus nodded, clearly still not understanding.  The luminous being he could see over Big Bob's shoulder suddenly blasted into pure whiteness and descended like a holy comet onto the Sphynx's head, sundering it's skull like dynamite ona boulder.

The Spynx began to shudder, deform...and implode.   Massive rumbling filled the chamber, and the rocks themselves began to spiral inward, drawn in by a sudden gravity from the Sphynx's innards. 

As the Sphynx lie collapsing, a look of terror on it's gigantic face, Big Bob yelled to Rupert, "Take me up there!" and pointed at the Sphynx' upturned ear.  Rupert easily slipped under Big Bob, looking a little upset at the order, but scrabbled up the giant catlike forepaw of the beast, and right up to it's ear.

"IT'S A GODDAMN RIVER!!!" shouted Bob into the Sphynx's ear over the tumult of the collapsing room.

The Sphynx sighed a relived sigh, and closed it's eyes peacefully.  "You have almost all earned your salvation, standing up to my ancient bones with courage and wit.  You will not have such an easy time of the next challenge."

With that, the Sphynx whispered ancient Words of Power, and all but one of the eight strangers vanished in a burst of runic magic.  The lone survivor scrabbled in terror as the world continued to collapse into the gravitational field that the Sphynx's body once contained.  Smaller, smaller, and smaller the world became, until with horror, the survivor watched his legs disappear into nothingness.  Strange, the survivor thought.  I thought there would be pain...
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93959#msg93959
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2010, 05:19:38 am »
I finished. Jonathan just hit the Sphinx with one of his stronger attacks, so I expect the Sphinx to be in the very least moderately injured.

Also, could it be possible that Arcterael is somehow related to the father of Jennifer Lunaria, the half-Angel reincarnation of Luna Selene? Their colors are both white and light blue. Jonathan is raised in Heaven, because his mother is Angel while his father is human; Jennifer is raised as a princess in a human kingdom, because her father is an Angel while her mother is the human queen.

Fixari

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93962#msg93962
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2010, 05:26:19 am »
Hey, Blood, what is the translation for the spells, and am I right in assuming it's Chinese?

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93963#msg93963
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2010, 05:30:37 am »
Hey, Blood, what is the translation for the spells, and am I right in assuming it's Chinese?
Yes, it is Chinese. Those spells are actually from something I wrote a couple of years ago in Chinese.

The first spell Jonathan used, "剑光残影", kinda literally means "phantom light sword" or something like that. The new one, "剑破苍穹", literally means "sky-breaking sword". That's why I said "its immense power seemed to rip open the very sky".

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93974#msg93974
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2010, 05:47:05 am »
That should provide a dramatic and awesome enough ending for the five of us that seem interested in it. ;)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Fixari

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93977#msg93977
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2010, 05:53:27 am »
I have a good explanation for my lack of posts. My internet is faulty, and I usually write all of my stuff at home instead of at university. I have a better setting here.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93983#msg93983
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2010, 06:00:22 am »
Nicely done, Essence. I was reading too fast and thought that Bob's head was severed. Had to go back and do a retake.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the one to go... my last two posts were rather forced.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93990#msg93990
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2010, 06:11:36 am »
Well, I count three characters with <= 1 post each, and only one player offering a good reason why, so I predict you'll last at least one more round, Demagog. :)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93996#msg93996
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:51 am »
"Hee hee!  Ooooh how I love that Sphinx.  'Almost all', do you think they noticed?"
"Certainly not, sire" said Sir Bonavich, popping in after porting the surviving combatants to their next stage.
There, left in the middle of the battlefield, was the body of HottieGirl24.  No one had bothered listening to her call for help, let alone answering it, and the Sphinx's tail had severed her torso entirely.
The Emperor clapped some  more.
"Ooo, play it again.  *Scttzzzz*  What a kill for the record books.  Anyway, where did you sen... Sir Bonavich?  Hello???"

Sir Bonavich warped in front of some very confused combatants.
"You dealt with our monsters well.  In fact, that pretty little sword of yours was quite impressive."  Sir Bonavich chuckled.  "So you've all been disarmed.  In your case, Mr. Bob, that means your hound isn't with you.  In fact, all of your weapons are hidden somewhere in here."
Sir Bonavich gestured to the giant pyramid behind him.
"Also, there's a bomb in here, going to detonate soon.  I suppose you could avoid exploding by killing each other, but that would mean you wouldn't get your collateral.  And then there's the ever looming question of how quickly you can find what we've taken." Sir Bonavich smiled.  The Emperor always loved this round.
"Anyway, to make things fair, we've moved this round to somewhere entertaining.  This parallel universe is more like an inter-spacial museum.  There is no life here.  No heaven.  And no spirits.  As per usual, kill one of your comrades to continue, and PLEASE" Sir Bonavich dropped his bored tone, "don't try sneaking up behind me and strangling me."
And with that, the Imp ported away, leaving his assailant falling face down in the sand, and all remaining combatants in a panic.

So I didn't poll you guys to ask who was the worst writer, but I have a feeling it was pretty unanimous.  Also, FF, feel free to write yourself in whenever.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg94001#msg94001
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2010, 06:44:21 am »
Glitch, was my box cutter confiscated as well? I'm assuming my steel-tipped boots weren't. They aren't much of a weapon :-p

blarg: