*Author

Helios

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93376#msg93376
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:14 pm »
Blood, provided that your original intent for the Angels to be completely ignorant of the true nature of Sol's and Jonathan's beings was never stated, I assumed the liberty of deciding that while most of the Angels may indeed simply have believed him to have Fallen, some of the more astute members of the Council remained aware of the truth.

I will post soon.

Editing in progress.

Major events were beginning to transpire at an accelerated pace.

Initially, the reincarnation of Sol had been laughing and saying, "You should tell the rest of your angels that. Most of them are convinced that I have turned Fallen. I'm actually surprised, and glad beyond relief, that you are aware of the existence of my inner demon; it was a terrible burden to repent for sins that I did not commit. However, rest assured that I have my demon under control; he will not surface ever again."

I doubt not the strength of your will, but rather fear the inevitability of the demon's return should the Light of Sun ever be blackened again.

"I am afraid that you cannot blame my kin; knowledge of the minuter details of the nature of the existence of other gods is available and accessible only to the Council, and even then, only those sufficiently curious to search for extremely long periods of time for ancient tomes of such knowledge in the most reclusive enclaves of the Hall of Divine Wisdom will ever become aware of these matters."

In what then appeared to be a brief moment of time, Jonathan seemed to have noticed a scrying device on the floor, entailing to the group that they were being observed without their consent.

While Dawnbringer would have sufficed to swiftly shatter the little object, Jonathan acted first. When his initial attempt to destroy the device failed, he magically enlarged and enhanced his sword by materialising a more powerful form, even larger than its previous already considerable dimensions and impressive even to Arcterael, whom had much experience with the finest blades of the world, having at various points in his life personally handled all of the Great Blades of Heaven while being the wielder of the Sword of Hope.

But it was the following few seconds, subsequent to the not-very-subtle shattering of the device, that were impregnated with shock for all.

Suddenly, without warning, crevices and cracks began to appear and the earth itself began to tremble.

Without hesitating, the Archangel of Hope sought the refuge of the airs, magnificent wings flapping, escaping from the unreliably shaking earth, only to witness the emergence of a monster of appropriately monstrous proportions who would have found a rightful and merited home in Hell.

Its head was marked by enormous horns, its lion-like body by extremely large black wings which seemed designed to shadow all of the Earth in a darkness while being composed of impressive muscles. 

It shouted in a most unfriendly and rude manner which would have made the Demon of Anger appear to be a cordial gentleman. But what rendered the Archangel anxious was a reference to an intercepted message.

"You mean the message that Arctarael sent to heaven?" Nanuuk asked. Arctarael and Jonathan both shot him baleful glares.

Perhaps one of the more moronic of the Marids I have encountered.

Soon, Arcterael was watching helplessly as the Sphinx pounced upon Nanuuk, but fortunately, the latter had conserved enough wits to roll aside to evade the danger.

One of the more fearsome of the beasts I have battled and vanquished in my experience and unfortunately, my inherent power limitation complicates all matters. This hostile is currently in possession of both the advantage of surprise and of an advantage in terms of terrain; the floor is cracked into what seems to be thousands of pieces, and there are very little places to safely place one's foot. We must reverse the inclinations of these factors.

Shouting in a clear, powerful voice to override the din of the fighting, he spoke, "I would confront this hellish beast in this very present moment, but we must consider my inherent power limitation and his terrain advantage. In order to confidently fight this battle, we must do so upon our own terms, at a location of our choosing where the terrain advantage lies with us! Fortunately, in my explorations, I discovered a smaller chamber approximately one hundred paces west of here with natural rock formations in appearance like a wall covering sheltering the rear half; it should prove to be a useful makeshift fortification. Therefore, I believe such a tactical retreat to be advisable."

This being said, he began to fly in the indicated direction, his friends following as closely as they could without stumbling upon the cracks on the floor while the Archangel covered their retreat.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93497#msg93497
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2010, 07:48:42 pm »
Blood, provided that your original intent for the Angels to be completely ignorant of the true nature of Sol's and Jonathan's beings was never stated, I assumed the liberty of deciding that while most of the Angels may indeed simply have believed him to have Fallen, some of the more astute members of the Council remained aware of the truth.
That was my intention also. But just to make sure: those lesser angels, the ignorant ones, do not even know that Jonathan is the reincarnation of Sol. They only know that Jonathan is this random half-angel who could somehow use the Excalibur, and who for some reasons turned Fallen. Only the Greater Archangels know that Jonathan is in fact Sol.

Also, after the Sphinx fight, Jonathan will attempt to contact Luna. Gl1tch, please don't intercept this, as this is my way of getting Luna into the story. The Emperor will be aware that Jonathan had managed to contact someone else, but he will not be able to stop the contact.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93547#msg93547
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »
@Helios's edited post:

First, Jonathan can fly, too. He just materialized his angel wings.

Second, shouldn't Arcterael know about the Excalibur? According to my character's backstory, the Excalibur was placed in the Temple of Solaris after Sol's death. Young angels were constantly sent into the temple, in an attempt to find someone who could actually wield the Excalibur; Jonathan was one of those angels sent there. I think Arcterael should have recognized the sword after seeing it.

Third, why do we have to run? What do you plan to do after hiding in that small chamber?

Helios

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93551#msg93551
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2010, 09:15:41 pm »

why do we have to run? What do you plan to do after hiding in that small chamber?
I plan to confer upon us some form of terrain advantage, as opposed to confronting the Sphinx there.

Further, the part concerning the Excalibur shall be added in.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93569#msg93569
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2010, 09:48:46 pm »
Terrain advantage? But the Sphinx would probably just go "RAWR I SMASH ROCK WALL". But I guess in a smaller room it, being a very large monster, would be less maneuverable than us...

Also, can you describe that small room, please? I'm having trouble trying to visualize it.

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93570#msg93570
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:26 pm »
I had something typed up but I don't know what the room looks like, either :P

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93591#msg93591
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »
Just post it, Icy. Who cares what the room looks like :P

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93592#msg93592
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2010, 10:19:04 pm »
Ks, then.

Finally! Orders I can follow! Nanuuk ran as fast as he could towards the spot the Archangel indicated, leaping and bounding over the cracks. Jonathan swiftly flew just ahead of him as Arctarael slowly covered their backs, never letting the Sphinx get too close.

"The Sphinx shall rip you to shreds!" it bellowed. With every step it took, the ground shook. Soon, Nanuuk saw the cavern that Arctarael was referring to - a small enclosure protected by solid rock on three sides and a high stone wall on one side. Jonathan reached it first, fluttering over the wall and gracefully landing within. Nanuuk reached the base of the wall and looked up. Bile rose up in his throat.

I wish I had wings... how am I going to get up there? He heard another roar from behind him and turned to see the Sphinx, relentlessly getting closer to Nanuuk like a gigantic, malevolent Sapphire Charger. Nanuuk rose a palm and concentrated on the air close to the cavern ground, thick with condensation. "Congelo!" he enunciated clearly. A mottled layer of slippery ice materialized below the Sphinx's feet. With a rather puppy-sounding startled choke, it tumbled unceremoniously towards the ground. Tee hee.

I still need to get up there. It's not like some random Spirit will just come here and airlift me.

Oh, yeah.
Nanuuk dipped his consciousness once more into the astral plane, selecting an :air Spirit from the bunch.

I'd better get paid for this, it grumbled as it entered the physical plane in the form of a scarecrow with wings.
Your payment is not getting eaten by THAT thing, Nanuuk conveyed, indicating to the Sphinx who was just getting up.
With a squeak, the scarecrow grabbed Nanuuk in a bear hug and flapped its flimsy wings erratically. Slowly but surely, the two rose into the air.

You really need to get on a diet, boss, the scarecrow groaned.
And you need some sort of aerobics regimen.
You want me to drop you right now? Because I can drop you and you know that.

Nanuuk sighed and shut up. I can't win any arguments nowadays.

Nanuuk hazarded a glance downwards and immediately regretted it. Not only was his stomach churning from the altitude, but he saw the Sphinx give one giant leap, wings beating and paws swiping towards Nanuuk. Its blows whistled through the air, missing Nanuuk's feet by about... well... a foot. Nanuuk then decided to hurl. The vomit caught the Sphinx straight in the eyeball, and he roared once more.

Then, they were up into the cavern. Nanuuk was lowered down. He thanked the Spirit and then dismissed it.
"Took you long enough," Jonathan muttered.
In a few seconds, Arctarael had followed suit and was also over the massive stone wall and into the cavern.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93596#msg93596
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »
[nitpick]
Jonathan is polite, and he wouldn't call someone he just met moronic. Part of his personality. ;)
[/nitpick]

I might write something later if nobody else does.

icybraker

Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93598#msg93598
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2010, 10:37:14 pm »
Okay then. Part omitted. But at least he can be disgruntled, right?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93668#msg93668
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »
Angus was just taking his first bite of Orange Duck when the quake hit.

"Hey, Big Bob, it turns out it wasn't a trap after all, this stuff is fuc---WOAH!"

As if with one mind, Rupert, Big Bob, and Angus turned to watch as enormous cracks traveled up the walls of the grey-lit room, disappearing into the haze above.   A massive voice rumbled something about a Sphincter off in the distance.

Eyes on the prize, Angus ripped the tablecloth in four pieces and wrapped up four of the biggest, best-looking birds he could reach, shoving them into his pack before running back to Big Bob and handing a fifth unwrapped bird to him.

"Seriously, dude, it's awesome."

Rupert barked a warning as a large chunk of the cracked wall came tumbling down from on high, missing the group by a dozen feet or so.  Seconds later, several more chunks came crashing down as well, and they decided to hightail it out of there, back the way they had come.

When they got back to the octagonal room, they all stopped cold.  The sea life had been flattened by an enormous cat-like creature that was currently gazing -- with human face -- at a small cavern up on the opposite wall from where the two oversized individuals stood.

Big Bob ripped into his Plum Deck with a satisfied sigh, and whispered, "It hasn't seen us yet."

As if in response, the Sphynx' whiplike tail drew a line in the stone over the doorway they stood in, sending rubble sprinkling down over their heads.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gradual Massacre by Gl1tch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7906.msg93789#msg93789
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2010, 02:12:41 am »
Reserved.

Angus gave Big Bob a sidewards glance. "I don't think it needs to see us to smell us," he said.

The over-sized cat slowly turned to face its new prey. Angus, always at the ready, pointed his autogun at the monster's face and let off a few rounds. The creature screamed in agony as rivulets of blood began streaming down its face.

"Damn, this thing is one tough beast if it can't be taken down with a few bullets to the face," said Angus. Big Bob nodded in agreement.

The sphinx bellowed, "You have hurt the Sphinx, now you must perish!" As it approached them, Big Bob had an idea.He put his hand on Angus's shoulder, "Hold on just a minute," he said. "I'm going to try something. Just be sure to cover me if things go south."

Big Bob stepped forward. "Oh great Sphinx," he said, with probably a little too much volume than necessary, "forgive my friend." The Sphinx stopped. "Such deeds can not be forgiven," it boomed. Despite its anger, the Sphinx couldn't bring itself to pounce; instead, it felt a strange desire to hear out his prey.

Sensing that the Sphinx was not about to make him its meal just yet, Big Bob continued. "You see, we were sent here to assist you, and it appears that you really do need our help. We would be more than happy to chase after your previous prey and bring it back to you. All we ask from you is safe passage and maybe a lift." He pointed towards the elevated cavern.

"Very well," replied the Sphinx, "the Sphinx will consider your request... if you can answer this riddle."

It's not a sphinx unless there's a riddle :-p That's really the only way I could think of to initiate one.

anything
blarg: