*Author

Purity_Riot

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80733#msg80733
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 01:12:02 am »
I see no connections in your backgrounds
Can you please edit for spelling and grammatical errors.
You reference 'Reckoning' in your background, who's that?

gnikdoolb

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80736#msg80736
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 01:17:13 am »
Stupid auto correct..... ill run it through spell check again *sorry* I think ill just redo it with a name that doesn't auto correct :/

Purity_Riot

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80746#msg80746
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:31 am »
It's the grammar that concerns me more.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80787#msg80787
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:10 am »
Woot, it's back up!

Now I'm going to do that Aether knife-throwing character I wanted to do on 3.0, but didn't have time to keep up with.

Character Name: Havelock Vetinari

Race: Immortal

Element: :aether

Appearance: Havelock appears as a sandy-haired young man with a disarming grin always plastered on his face. He looks about 23, simply because of how incredibly young he is for an Immortal. He generally wears loose, white-blue clothing over his skinny frame. He's not very strong, but is very quick with both his body and his mind. He stands at 5'3, a little less than average height for an Immortal, and his eyes are an electric blue.

Background: Havelock was born into a middle-class family in a small, everlasting town just close enough t the Aetherlands' capital city to attract a few traveling groups, but far enough away to have no one in the city know where it is or even that it exists. He was drafted into the army while young, and he left his tiny village without looking back at his crying parents. He had a few very strict policies in life that he never went against, and quite a few of them were learned in the army. They are thus:

The man who survives, is the winner.

You don't have to fight the way your opponent wants you to fight (i.e. "Fair").

Never look back. Whatever happens, stays happened.

Never, ever go back on a promise. Ever

Don't lose sight of your morals. Character is what makes you who you are, without it, you are nothing.

Belongings: The Luggage- A magically enchanted chest made of Sapient Pear wood, that will dutifully follow behind it's owner on hundreds of little legs, and is completely homicidal to anyone if thinks is threatening said owner. Once finding a target, it will either a) Stomp on it to reduce it's size, then eat it, or b) Eat it outright. And when it comes for you, it comes hard. Absolutely nothing can stop it, it will break down walls, chase down anything that runs from it, and completely absorb any magic used against it, due to the material it is made of. It is also poly-dimensional, and has a theoretically infinite space in which to hold things in. Also, for some strange and inexplicable reason, any clothes placed inside of it will come out completely clean and with a hint of lemon scent five minutes after their placement. It's scary.

Abilities:

Aetheric Daggers- Can produce physical daggers directly from the Aether around him, and then make them disappear or return to him in the same way.

Super Reflexes- With a combination of his superb natural skills and what he learned while serving the army, Havelock now posses incredible speed and agility, and can sense the smallest change in the atmosphere around him, then react to it in less than a few seconds.

Lightning Control- Can create and aim Lightning, although he can only really send it in the direction he wants. After it's relaeased, the only thing he can do is push it slightly to one side. He can, however, make very small lines of chain lightning on the edge of his palm or something like a sword, to enable it to slice through any material outside of pure stone.

Warp- Is able to transport himself into the Aether for very small periods of time, and then emerge in a different location. This leaves him physically drained after a multiple uses, but he can manage a long trip with preparation.

Dagger Mastery- Being completely incompetent in the use of every other weapon, Havelock turned to daggers and found he possessed unmatchable skill with the weapons, easily being able to disarm and bladelock any opponent, even ones using battle axes. But those are a bit tricky, he will admit.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Purity_Riot

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80852#msg80852
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:29 am »
Good job both of you, I like this chest, I'm expecting hilarity to ensue?

bloodking, small tweak, past tense please, not present.

gnikdoolb

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80962#msg80962
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 11:06:41 am »
lol some one actually got my name XD
Editing.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg80993#msg80993
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 12:29:17 pm »
Character Name: Kyvioux Wyrlog (or just Kyv)

Race: Anubis

Element:time

Appearcance: Standing tall at 6'2; Kyvioux has a wolf-like face. He has a protruding snout, sharp teeth and an acute sense of smell, vision and sound. He has a uniquely curved body, causing him to be very flexible. His claws are bent, long and sharp, allowing him to cut through metal.

Background: Kyvioux was born in the palace of the Pharoah, in the room of the Sacred Horus. His father and mother were Chief Advisors to the Pharoah, giving the guidelines of solving economical distresses to the Pharoah. Kyvioux recieved the best education from the schools in the Heart of Egypt, Memphis. He saw the delights of the city, ranging from bazaars to farms to pillars/towers. It was a busy city, everyone either buying, selling, gossiping or at work. Boredom was a rare occurance in the city. Kyvioux soon became a young Anubis. He earned money by working as a merchant, a noble and humble job. He traded between countries. Soon, he found himself in need of a weapon, to protect himself from robbers. He bought himself a golden Trident.

Years later, the Pharoah called him to Egypt. He went to the Pharoah and sat down. The Pharoah told him of his special powers and his destiny, due to the mark of Infinity in his back. Then he told Kyvioux to be the Pharoah since he was honest, trustworthy and an efficient leader. He was also loved by everyone for his fair and hard work. Kyvioux accepted this great position. But little he knew, beneath the Nile, lived the Water community. They held a peace treaty with The Land Of Time (Egypt). The Water community wanted to greet this new Pharoah and sent their ambassador to his palace. It was a Mind Flayer. Since Kyvioux had no idea of these creatures, he grew suspicious of them. The Mind Flayer, who disliked the previous Pharoah and thought his successor to be the same, said "Death to Pharoah". Kyvioux immediatly threw his Trident at him and he was killed. Thus Water sent a flood from the Nile to Egypt. Everyone drowned except Kyvioux. He soon learned to master the power of the Flood with his Trident, but he never forgot that day.

Belongings: Trident, Crown of Pharoah, Eye of Horus and The Sacred Gloves.

Abilities:

Flood: Having learened the powers of Flooding, he casts a Flood with his Trident.

Precognition: He can see the future with this ability. Alterations of the future is possible in "Master" form.

Double: His strength doubles by his Sacred Gloves and his skill of combat with weapons increases.

Crown of Pharoah: This Crown was given by the Pharoah himself to protect him. Kyvioux can now heal all his wounds.

Eye of Horus: He summons the wrath of the Horus upon his victim. The victim gets weak and unconcious immediately.

Purity_Riot

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg81101#msg81101
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 03:48:55 pm »
just a tweak here or there War.

I didn't make it clear, but the 'Rare' weapons are legendary, and I'd rather not have anyone start with them. Maybe you could be on a quest to find Eternity?

Double: His strength doubles by his Sacred Gloves and his skill of combat with weapons increases.

Crown of Pharoah: This Crown was given by the Pharoah himself to protect him. Kyvioux can now heal all his wounds.

Eye of Horus: He summons the wrath of the Horus upon his victim. The victim gets weak and unconcious immediately.

Double: The only way I can accept this is if you don't use it unless your in a dire circumstance, or that Double your strength is still only reasonably high. We talking superman strength, or spiderman?

Crown of Pharoah: Again, this needs to be nerfed a little. Is this healing instant? That seems a little OP, can it be used every day?

Eye of Horus: This will depend on the physical resistance of the individual, unless it causes a severe negative effect to you as well.

Offline Wardead

• Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg81173#msg81173
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 06:19:50 pm »
Can I keep the Trident? All royal Anubis have it. It is their symbol. And...going on a quest for Eternity works for me.

Double: Increases his strength anytime he wants. Not anything super-ish, maybe his power becomes something like a Dragon or slightly stronger. The sacred Gloves makes him unlock his "rage" part.

Crown of Pharoah: No he uses it when the damage is severe. And it can be used only twice a day, the snake (The symbol of the crown) can bite him at the morning and night only. And cannot be used during combat.

The Eye Of Horus: Let's say this is his most "awesome" power. It gives you no resistance to damage after being used, therefore taking FULL damage from the source.

miniwally

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg81176#msg81176
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22:48 pm »
I think he should let you have a trident as long as it's not the trident if you get what I mean :P.

Offline Wardead

• New to Elements
Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg81180#msg81180
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:05 pm »
I know...Ok I edited my original post.

And is my background story good enough?

Purity_Riot

Re: Elements RPG 2.0 Take 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7380.msg81206#msg81206
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »
The trident's cool, and I really liked your backstory

as for the fifth ability, again, I assumed that it would be a powerful ability, and his most awesome power, but being able to use it all willy nilly with no negative to yourself is just OP.

blarg: