Poll

Please check all hours that would work for you as the deadline for each phase.

0 GMT
8 (5.7%)
1 GMT
7 (5%)
2 GMT
7 (5%)
3 GMT
7 (5%)
4 GMT
7 (5%)
5 GMT
4 (2.8%)
6 GMT
4 (2.8%)
7 GMT
4 (2.8%)
8 GMT
4 (2.8%)
9 GMT
5 (3.5%)
10 GMT
5 (3.5%)
11 GMT
4 (2.8%)
12 GMT
3 (2.1%)
13 GMT
2 (1.4%)
14 GMT
3 (2.1%)
15 GMT
4 (2.8%)
16 GMT
3 (2.1%)
17 GMT
5 (3.5%)
18 GMT
9 (6.4%)
19 GMT
9 (6.4%)
20 GMT
11 (7.8%)
21 GMT
9 (6.4%)
22 GMT
9 (6.4%)
23 GMT
8 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:29:25 pm

Poll

What kind of setup do you want to see next?

Run the standard setup with minor adjustments.
7 (26.9%)
Run a closed setup designed by Linkcat.
8 (30.8%)
Run a game with all Fate Eggs.
7 (26.9%)
Run an even sillier game just to mess around.
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:47:45 pm

Poll

What to do about Who's Online?

Allow free use of it.
9 (52.9%)
Ban use of it during the last couple hours of each phase.
3 (17.6%)
Ban use of it completely.
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 11:26:23 pm

Poll

Who played the best mafia?

Linkcat
1 (2.5%)
TheonlyrealBeef
16 (40%)
shockcannon
0 (0%)
PlayerOa
1 (2.5%)
iancudorinmarian
0 (0%)
worldwideweb3
1 (2.5%)
MasterWalks
0 (0%)
andretimpa
0 (0%)
dawn_to_dusk
0 (0%)
kaempfer13
6 (15%)
Submachine
0 (0%)
killsdazombies
0 (0%)
Coffeeditto
7 (17.5%)
rob77dp
3 (7.5%)
DoubleCapitals
1 (2.5%)
Calindu
0 (0%)
Naii_the_Baf
0 (0%)
moehrpi13
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:51:45 pm

*Author

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301592#msg1301592
« Reply #1812 on: July 30, 2020, 03:36:57 pm »
so many people in this game have remained in the "meh"-category for so long that doing kaevisions earlier than i started doing so would have been nearly indistinguishable from reposting lynchlog again other than greening dc (which was wrong too:-[)
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301593#msg1301593
« Reply #1813 on: July 30, 2020, 03:48:54 pm »
The keys might be the EoD1 lynchlog and overall ability uses. Can you both repeat targets and results on the same page please?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301594#msg1301594
« Reply #1814 on: July 30, 2020, 03:50:18 pm »
Also, Coffee mentioned reading all 150 pages of mafia, but I've neither done that nor seen him do it (should you not take your own advice to heart?). At this point, the rest of the game course has already been decided.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Similarly, I can't read them all at once but i will have it all up in the next hour or so.
nice

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301596#msg1301596
« Reply #1815 on: July 30, 2020, 04:09:22 pm »
I can try updating my way outdated notes with all the information i remember:
mw: holstered alwayskiana
shock: rita, dead, forced me to see he wasnt using a honkai core n0
moehrpi: durandal (dc redirected onto oa, kdz)
sub: yae (always holster)
Torb: emma (found durandal+raidens)
Linkcat: theresa (no crumbs)
Playeroa: cocolia (ditto)
ian: kallan, (torb w3 n1; cal+w3 last night))
w3:bronya
timpa:raiden (notably claims to have switched torb and mw n2)
dc:seele raiden
d2d: role sharer (no crumbs)
coffee:cecilia killed d2d, eventually killed cal according to plan
cal: flash counter (used n3)
kdz: sin mal, probably holstered n2, redirected from timpa n3
naii: vig, holstered
rob: doc, targeted moe on the night n3 so was redirected without raidens crosstreaming

myself: n0 shock used 1 ability,
n1 alive people used 7,
n2 cal,kdz, coffee(used 1),sub, mw(torb?, but he also used 1 ability), ian; oh wow writing this i should have realized kdz wasnt lieserl sooner
n3 5 abilities total used
n4 -
n5 ian w3 cal, sub used 1

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301597#msg1301597
« Reply #1816 on: July 30, 2020, 04:15:55 pm »
actually i do wonder whether kdz really holstered n2 or was swapped with someone not using an action

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301598#msg1301598
« Reply #1817 on: July 30, 2020, 04:17:35 pm »
because if he really didnt target shock n0, who would he target? And delaying ability use another time doesnt make sense to do

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301599#msg1301599
« Reply #1818 on: July 30, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
nvm, moe successfully targeted kdz at the time and didnt complain about being redirected again

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301600#msg1301600
« Reply #1819 on: July 30, 2020, 04:21:27 pm »
Well, Lieserl was the first possibility I thought it couldn't be with kdz not using it every night, but then he started making Lieserl implications on Coffee targeting andre (according to andre).
moe did not mention N2, kdz was targeted N2, so he likely did not use.

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301602#msg1301602
« Reply #1820 on: July 30, 2020, 06:06:56 pm »
Quote from: worldwideweb3 link=topic=67869.msg1299570#msg1299570
I would not hard claim straight away if i was a cop and found mafia. Unless its in latter stages of mafia.
I guess it depends on how early one expects mafia to find out about the cop. If cop takes info to the grave, that would be a shame. Mafia Emma Planck could identify whom the cop is N0.
This is an interesting thing right for Emma to say right away, especially now that we know TorB is Emma. However, it clears him more than not because he's true in saying that he could have found moe's Dura way earlier than when he died. I doubt it's a wifom.

Raiden mei can make durandal semiimmortal while both live and raiden knows who durandal is (provided noone randomly kills the other person, raiden lives and of course this is only good if both  exist and are town)
I could read this as baiting out an early dura claim (seeing as how maf!kae would have known that Raiden+Seele/Raiden are maf).

This plan falls apart fairly quickly even if all assumptions apply, when scum has chain lightning, so I wouldnt start with this plan earlier than necessary
..and then this right afterwards, either covering tracks or towny. I read it as more towny than not? I think?

Spoiler for Emma Planck(informative):
Should be used whenever possible. Identify living power roles to help protect them. Durandal N0, Fu Hua N2.
Both can be Herrscher.
As I mentioned before, subtle things. Like not forcing Durandal to counterclaim if someone thinks a fake Durandal claim will save them from getting lynched, but having Emma Planck do it. If you need to choose between lynching one of two people of unknown alignment, of which one has a role that is really useful to town if they are town, you choose the other.

There's also some theorycrafting I've done: if Emma Planck finds someone's role, and Theresa determines that person's ability type and it doesn't match with what their role is, they're confirmed Herrscher. It can't confirm someone as town, but it can confirm if they have a Honkai core.
That's basically what I was saying on Theresa. You do not even need Emma Planck for this. As long as people are truthful about their role claims, anyone that has claimed will be a viable target. That's one of the reasons I'm being so insistent on truthful role claims.
on Emma - I was wondering what made you change from this original plan of targetting Fu Hua n2. It seems kind of oddly specific that you might aim in Raiden, unless you had considered him the better doc role or something similar. It makes sense in saying that raiden is more useful for both alignments, but still worth hearing an explanation for.

on Theresa - I think this might have been a towny self-preservation, but it could also be encouraging others to out their true roles to weed out power roles. Townread more than not.

Core of Lightning
Raiden
Himeko
Yae
Lieserl

^ Mafia Cores/Roles that may potentially be a problem
  • Yae can block it without making it easy to figure out it was Yae.
It seems odd to me that a mafia!submachine would out this about themselves.

We can’t rely on the honesty of others claiming their roles. Mafia have 5 roles to potentially hide in, and this method can confirm someone as mafia if their ability type differs from that of their role. There’s no reason not to
On phone to say that I disagree. 18 players, 20 roles, and I was recently reminded that roles are not duplicated. Two roles are unused in the game, and unless mafia knows what those two roles are, they will high chance claim an already existing role. It leads to a 50-50 where one is mafia and the other is town. I like those odds.
Mafia never needed to counterclaim here, and the possibility of either an early Theresa snipe, especially if Sub is holding the Core of Reason, was pretty great. However, between sub's take and TorB's, TorB's was more sound.

how could important power roles ever hide? if someone is forcing a player who rolled durandal to claim, how are we to hide them in other roles? also, am i understanding you correctly that you think we don’t need the emma confirmation? what happens in the event that theresa rolled maf and lies to get someone lynched? they could blame it on the person lying about their role.
It's not like everyone needs to claim. In fact, the reason people shouldn't claim too early is for this very purpose. You don't need to lie for this.

If someone gets lynched as the role they claimed (role is revealed on death), we have just outed a mafia Theresa, it's a major victory from my point of view.
Yes, but why would a mafia Theresa do that besides to get a 1:1 trade? Might have been baiting out Theresa here.

The mafia know 3 of their roles, and there’s a 2/17 chance that they claim a role not taken. It’s reasonably possible that they’ll claim a role already taken, but they could also roleswap in each other’s roles, and what if someone claims an important role like hua, durandal or emma? we lynch in ccs and possible mislynch a power role to the greater detriment of the town.
First of all, why would they ever swap their claimed roles? Mafia swapping claims with other mafia has zero benefit and hurts them more than anything else.

And if they claim an important role, it will still be a 50-50, and no role is so important that I wouldn't trade them in for a guaranteed mafia kill. Not to mention that if we lynch mafia from the 50-50, we not only kill a mafia but also soft-confirm a town.
Townread this, though.

By the way, the scenario I'm talking about is a late-game mass roleclaim. Nothing that is relevant right now.
Well, here we are.

Raiden Mei does not require coordination, quite the opposite. By targeting someone to be protected and an unwitting victim, all kill abilities will affect the unwitting victim instead of the one being protected. As soon as you coordinate whom the second target is, mafia can simply target them. Raiden Mei is an ER ability, too, so can indefinitely protect someone as long as there is a scapegoat, Raiden Mei lives and binding chains does not take effect. Whether or not Fu Hua helps out and protects the scapegoat (by targeting the power role) is irrelevant in saving the power role.
This seems like it's important but I can't put a read on it, because Raiden could just force nightkills through anyway. Might be WIFOM I guess? How do you feel about this quote now, TorB?

Frederica Tesla Radio Wave (ER) Target any number of players. You learn how many abilities those players used tonight, in total. You can’t target yourself. (Includes Honkai Core abilities. You don’t learn the ability name or target. Players can use more than one ability each night.)
rita did not use a honkai core tonight, if I am this role
It's kind of towny to out this like this, and not to just try and push on a town Rita for no reason knowing they were town. I think maf!kae would push harder to get rid of someone potentially messing with scum's ability usage.

dawn to dusk (2) - TheonlyrealBeef, rob77dp
moehrpi(1) kaempfer13

based on potential slip.
i dont know how you can fuck up so bad, but i cant think of a reason for town!moe to say that either.
Weird reasoning, weird vote, weird.

Kae - elements mafia 49. Might have to dig it out, i don't remember if that lives in the usual place for old games here it not.

Rob, that was a scrubbed game that we played literally half a decade ago. Don't try to read off of it.

kae, I'd like you to explicitly rule out Raiden as rob mentioned the possibility. Obviously, we don't know the exact wording in your PM.

That confirms there is Rita who also likes to play ballsy. Maybe too ballsy for town? If we end up finding out a more cautious player is Rita it would hint at scum/scum with an information role such as Cocolia. But there's s big margin of error here.

We also know Durandal is in the game, yay, and this also confirms Oa for me, unless someone speaks up in the next few hours. Take good care of him next night.

EBWOP, soft-confirming www3's roll. :/

I soft counterclaim your soft confirm.
Wait a second. It's not important any more, but check out these breadcrumbs.

while it does sound like a move i would do, i did not target oa nor Kaempf.
This is basically hard claim not Rita or Durandal. There is no reason to look for Rita with info roles, since it's almost certainly shock at this point.
Looking back, I townread this. maf!TorB would have known the existence of a maf!Raiden and dura getting redirected N1.

I cant fathom how you cant see that moe essentially claimed to have knowledge on the scum team or being scum (which means he also has knowledge on the scumteam duh) with his slip.
Why would a mafia ever out having knowledge on who the mafia are? And since he did have knowledge on the team, why would you want to lynch him for it risking lynching a power role?

What happened to not insulting mafia's intelligence? Soft confirming yourself as mafia is the epitome of stupidity. How about we leave it at confirming the rolls themselves and not the implied meaning behind it?
@kae: What he said.

well that one is obviously a joke and linkcat is fairly well known to troll every now and then. i didnt really see moehrpi as joking there
???

EBWOP actually triggering core of reason is even better than i thought as rita, as they dont even learn who that ability belongs to
This is a fair point. If kae is the last mafia, and has core of reason, would he not have known who Rita was? Unless he didn't use it n1 (dumb) or wanted to dumbtell not knowing, which makes sense as well.

I disagree with Rita usage and think shock is just as "confirmed town" as rob was "confirmed mafia" last mafia, regardless of role. Just because a move is bad as scum, it does not mean it is good as/for town or that you are town. This does not mean I think Rita is scum for it, either. The people currently lynch voting shock do not seem to be voting him on the basis of believing he is scum either.

I'm still interested in lynching mafia, though. Low content posters are harder to read, so mafia likes hiding among them. shock's last post was anything but low content. Sticking with current lynch vote for now, but it's liable to change depending on how the rest of the day develops. kdz and Cal currently stand out as potential lynch targets for me.
Townread this.

I mean, if shock is rita and using his ability willynilly he will die sooner or later. Which means we dont have to lynch him now. It's kind of the perfect role for him :P. additionally a town!lieserl may be able to find out if he attracted a honkai core.
I townread this. Like I said earlier, kae would want a town!rita lynched.

I'd like to see more lynch votes, the current tally is asking for end of day madness.

Also, I mulled over this post last night and some things were bothering me.
Torb's "logical" plan for each role
It was never meant to be a dictate on what to do, but rather a starting point for a discussion. Speaking of:
hide behind Torb's plan and Rob/Linkcat's talking and get slight town reads from everyone?
Only agreeing with me is literally the least effort next to not posting one could put in. I appreciated the discussions with people disagreeing with me, and they're the actual town leans here from my point of view. I'm not omniscient, a saint or confirmed town, so only mafia has no reason to speak up against me when disagreeing with me. Simply disagreeing with me but staying silent about it N0 -like you did- is my least favorite response to that post.
This strikes me as odd somehow. Would love input. I can't wrap my head around why it feels odd right now.

Indeed ian, you havent said anything at all that either isnt just common sense (yh shock no lynch is bad, get that in your brain already) or scumreads based on stuff that isnt ai at all. I've come to get used to seeing that from you, but if we're going to lynch the most worthless player today it may well be you.
Except the consensus was that Calindu was getting lynched at that point. I townread this for trying to maneuver a vote off of the consensus at the time.

I haven't really managed to form a scumread about anyone yet, though there are some people I slightly townread, mainly kae, TorB, Oa and shock.

kae - Seems to be making constant plans and tries to read players, I don't think he would accuse moe that hard if he were mafia
TorB - I haven't seen him play as mafia yet, but his play seems consistent to the previous mafias
Oa - This is mainly because of the Durandal check on him, though it might be completely wrong, really
shock - I disagree with the no lynch plan, since I still believe in a lynch D1, but he argues it well and plays as usual
Fair post from Calindu. Sure, it doesn't give much, but I share his views on his four townreads, and putting out FOUR townreads is more solving than what the average player has done in this game.
So at the time, you believed that outing four reads based on nothing and that you agreed with wwas more towny than not? It seems like an unsubstantiated townread.

Oh right, Rita can't force a ability if it's on CD right?
Right.
You could still draw a kill role to yourself or an info role (though NAI, I guess, unless Theresa), while not drawing any ability is true for enough abilities to not be substantial evidence, so I think Rita N1 is not particularly good as scum. Better than N0, I suppose.
I townread this interaction, doesn't seem forced.

I interpreted a post that simply said "ok" as a slip once and raved about it all game and scum wouldnt let me lynch the dude (who was town while i was innocent child). I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to slips and I didnt see a jokey tone in moe's post. But yh, i'll drop the issue I should have learned from that experience after all.
While mature of you to back off, I don't believe that pushing that hard on a slip that is more likely to hit a power role than a scum was great. Even if it's not unusual for you to do, it's not towny.

andretimpa
I think he's posting much more than last time, even if much of it is quite short and rule questions. Maybe the tiniest townlean. n+

---

Coffeeditto
He's posting. v
kae, explain this. Why did you heavily townread me for this and n+ read andre for it?

robs progression on coffee just doesnt make sense. First he scumreads him for activity (which is the opposite of basic logic and the phantom memory he had has no grounds in reality, which may or may not mean that its completely made up), then townreads him for it when his memory was jogged (as he puts him in townleans with no other reason given than his initial read being wrong and coffee-activity=good), then claims activity is not a tell for coffee at all, but then keeps his townread on him anyway, while buddying him.

Yes, i still havent gotten over this.

Other rob related things: - his mechanics-talk is fine (pretty good) really, but in case of rob i wouldnt expect anything else really.
as he noted himself, his readlist developed to fit the wagons that were forming. it is indeed too consensy and him wanting to vote with certain other people (oa) further drives this home, passing responsibility for a misslynch to someone else.
Kae, I just wanted to say you make some of the weirdest pushes for the weirdest reasonings.

I can find nothing unusual about dc either. he was voted with almost no reasons given at all, so his memeresponse was fitting for the situation, no?
I do like his thoughts about always lynching, but as I said before this should really just be common sense and its unfortunate that for certain other people its apparently not.
There was some explicit reasoning stated on multiple peoples' parts. Mine being his reaction and interaction with Link, and others about his breadposting.

moehrpi n+/w
This may come as a surprise, but in case his 'slip' was really just an overly dry delivered joke, i actually find his content consistently towny otherwise.
Flippy floppy reads, and if you thought he was so towny you shouldn't have pushed him so hard?

I can't be around any longer so I'm just going to say this. You all argue that no lynch is bad because lynching is how town wins, and even if you lynch a town you gain valuable information. Well everyone seems to be voting me just because. Tell me what info you get if I get lynched? Are you going to vote out one of the players who voted me next? Somehow I doubt that.

I'm not going to random vote and cause others to panic and random vote also when there's literally no mechanical information out there yet since no one has really revealed anything. So I'm going to keep voting no lynch, and hopefully in roughly 5 games, like I said, you're realize the power that no lynch actually holds for town.

Lastly, you may be surprised what little information you actually do learn when I flip. Hopefully you like surprises. I sure do.

Sincerely,
Mafia Rita
Shock, I'm taking the risk to believe that you are town. It seems there is only a set amount of players who are voting on you, and only as a scapegoat option. I heard at least one other people say too that he believed you would be town. Does that not give you some hope to make you stay and figure out a lynch target other than No Lynch?
Townread this for the same reason as I townread kae earlier: if Sub was maf, it would be in his best interest to get Rita gone asap.

@Kae: Why is dawn above 6 other people on the usefulness scale? He's still sitting on only 2 posts and he is the only person not voting.
This is taking into consideration that we dont need to lynch him to kill him, if we instead agree that that role (forgot the name) does the job instead
More town deaths for maf=easier to win?

dawn to dusk (1) - killsdazombies
DoubleCapitals (4) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine
No Lynch (1) - shockcannon
MasterWalks (2) - PlayerOa, moehrpi
worldwideweb3 (2) - TheonlyrealBeef, andretimpa
shockcannon (5) - Naii_the_Baf, DoubleCapitals, Linkcat, MasterWalks, iancudorinmarian
Submachine(1) - worldwideweb3
iancudorinmarian (1) - kaempfer13

I don't see www happening, hmm. After all this, I really hope you are at least a Durandal, www. Switching to DC.
Lynching shock without an in-this-game reason seems bad.
DoubleCapitals (6) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, PlayerOa, TheonlyrealBeef
MasterWalks (1) - moehrpi
worldwideweb3 (1) - andretimpa
shockcannon (5) - Naii_the_Baf, DoubleCapitals, Linkcat, MasterWalks, iancudorinmarian
These last minute votes onto DC are pretty towny, more so to TorB for being willing to hammer his maf partner if they are a team.

Think about it. With shock in the game, there's effectively 4 mafia. If we lynch shock we're guaranteed to at least go down to 3. But if he actually is mafia, then we've effectively gone from 4 to 2, killing half the team with one lynch. That's pretty high EV, I see no flaw in my math.

(((And this was the point where Sub realized that this game only has 3 mafia in it.....)))
d e r p c l e a r

I'm open to move to a dawn wagon.
Maybe significant after seeing the DC train pick up traction?

DoubleCapitals (5) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, PlayerOa
shockcannon (4) - Naii_the_Baf, DoubleCapitals, MasterWalks, iancudorinmarian
iancudorinmarian (3) - kaempfer13, Linkcat, TheonlyrealBeef

I can entertain some wagonomics at the very least, this doesn't change much, yet.
Same as above, but more towny than not.

welp, looks like my placeholdervote might end up the lynch. Oh well, i guess i prefer him over the other options rn.
hmm

DoubleCapitals (5) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, TheonlyrealBeef
iancudorinmarian (2) - Linkcat, PlayerOa

Breaking ties.
Still townreading this.

w3 still defending dc at this point gives me a slight townlean on him
Townleaning w3 for defending your possible partner.

2mins hard limit!!!
You said this after Link had forced the tie, and didn't hammer on shock or DC even knowing there was a tie. This reeks to me.

I don’t like this lynch at all
Agreed.
Nice.

Okay, that's the first 50 which consisted of N0 and D1. I will be doing the next 50 and the last 50 before day ends, I believe. I would like to encourage someone to do the same for me and my posts, as commentating on my own posts seems kind of biased.
nice

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301603#msg1301603
« Reply #1821 on: July 30, 2020, 06:36:10 pm »
You guys remember when I said I'll become more active during lategame? Now that was a good meme.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301604#msg1301604
« Reply #1822 on: July 30, 2020, 06:55:32 pm »
There's also some theorycrafting I've done: if Emma Planck finds someone's role, and Theresa determines that person's ability type and it doesn't match with what their role is, they're confirmed Herrscher. It can't confirm someone as town, but it can confirm if they have a Honkai core.
That's basically what I was saying on Theresa. You do not even need Emma Planck for this. As long as people are truthful about their role claims, anyone that has claimed will be a viable target. That's one of the reasons I'm being so insistent on truthful role claims.
on Emma - I was wondering what made you change from this original plan of targetting Fu Hua n2. It seems kind of oddly specific that you might aim in Raiden, unless you had considered him the better doc role or something similar. It makes sense in saying that raiden is more useful for both alignments, but still worth hearing an explanation for.
I already knew whom Durandal was and felt their identity was at danger, but outing Durandal would still guarantee they would die in at least two nights. Only Raiden Mei had the potential to keep Durandal safe continuously. After finding out there were two, well, that smelled fishy.

how could important power roles ever hide? if someone is forcing a player who rolled durandal to claim, how are we to hide them in other roles? also, am i understanding you correctly that you think we don’t need the emma confirmation? what happens in the event that theresa rolled maf and lies to get someone lynched? they could blame it on the person lying about their role.
It's not like everyone needs to claim. In fact, the reason people shouldn't claim too early is for this very purpose. You don't need to lie for this.

If someone gets lynched as the role they claimed (role is revealed on death), we have just outed a mafia Theresa, it's a major victory from my point of view.
Yes, but why would a mafia Theresa do that besides to get a 1:1 trade? Might have been baiting out Theresa here.
Eh? My very point is that they would not, invalidating your point about mafia Theresa lying to get someone killed.

Raiden Mei does not require coordination, quite the opposite. By targeting someone to be protected and an unwitting victim, all kill abilities will affect the unwitting victim instead of the one being protected. As soon as you coordinate whom the second target is, mafia can simply target them. Raiden Mei is an ER ability, too, so can indefinitely protect someone as long as there is a scapegoat, Raiden Mei lives and binding chains does not take effect. Whether or not Fu Hua helps out and protects the scapegoat (by targeting the power role) is irrelevant in saving the power role.
This seems like it's important but I can't put a read on it, because Raiden could just force nightkills through anyway. Might be WIFOM I guess? How do you feel about this quote now, TorB?
It was a strategy on the assumption that there was one Raiden Mei that was town. Since they were not, this is irrelevant and not applicable. Though it follows the reason on why I felt like Raiden Mei could be more useful than Fu Hua.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301607#msg1301607
« Reply #1823 on: July 30, 2020, 08:17:31 pm »

Raiden mei can make durandal semiimmortal while both live and raiden knows who durandal is (provided noone randomly kills the other person, raiden lives and of course this is only good if both  exist and are town)
I could read this as baiting out an early dura claim (seeing as how maf!kae would have known that Raiden+Seele/Raiden are maf).

This plan falls apart fairly quickly even if all assumptions apply, when scum has chain lightning, so I wouldnt start with this plan earlier than necessary
..and then this right afterwards, either covering tracks or towny. I read it as more towny than not? I think?

I was just thinking aloud as I went, trying to figure out the optimal way how to use roles. i dont think id actively try to bait roleclaims as either alignement (except for when a massclaim actually brings insight, but thats not bait then), as its not in my interest as town obv and i prefer going deep as scum.

Core of Lightning
Raiden
Himeko
Yae
Lieserl

^ Mafia Cores/Roles that may potentially be a problem
  • Yae can block it without making it easy to figure out it was Yae.
It seems odd to me that a mafia!submachine would out this about themselves.

Except he was mistaken anyway, as an ability failing without kiana notification automatically means yae was involved.

dawn to dusk (2) - TheonlyrealBeef, rob77dp
moehrpi(1) kaempfer13

based on potential slip.
i dont know how you can fuck up so bad, but i cant think of a reason for town!moe to say that either.
Weird reasoning, weird vote, weird.

I cant fathom how you cant see that moe essentially claimed to have knowledge on the scum team or being scum (which means he also has knowledge on the scumteam duh) with his slip.
Why would a mafia ever out having knowledge on who the mafia are? And since he did have knowledge on the team, why would you want to lynch him for it risking lynching a power role?

What happened to not insulting mafia's intelligence? Soft confirming yourself as mafia is the epitome of stupidity. How about we leave it at confirming the rolls themselves and not the implied meaning behind it?
@kae: What he said.

well that one is obviously a joke and linkcat is fairly well known to troll every now and then. i didnt really see moehrpi as joking there
???

Obv I know now that this was dumb. But when i dont understand why someone is doing sth and cant think of a town reason to do so, i automatically assume scum. This is because scum has an underlying agenda that they dont want to talk about but which may spill into their posts, which can result in saying things that dont make sense.
Though in this case it was more of a thing where it looked like someone openly admitting to being scum and moe's sense of humour was to dry for me to identify it as such.

EBWOP actually triggering core of reason is even better than i thought as rita, as they dont even learn who that ability belongs to
This is a fair point. If kae is the last mafia, and has core of reason, would he not have known who Rita was? Unless he didn't use it n1 (dumb) or wanted to dumbtell not knowing, which makes sense as well.
On the contrary. Core of lightning only reveals what abilities(or was it people?doesnt matter for this, hardclaim not having core of lightning) targeted the target, but not who the target is.

I'd like to see more lynch votes, the current tally is asking for end of day madness.

Also, I mulled over this post last night and some things were bothering me.
Torb's "logical" plan for each role
It was never meant to be a dictate on what to do, but rather a starting point for a discussion. Speaking of:
hide behind Torb's plan and Rob/Linkcat's talking and get slight town reads from everyone?
Only agreeing with me is literally the least effort next to not posting one could put in. I appreciated the discussions with people disagreeing with me, and they're the actual town leans here from my point of view. I'm not omniscient, a saint or confirmed town, so only mafia has no reason to speak up against me when disagreeing with me. Simply disagreeing with me but staying silent about it N0 -like you did- is my least favorite response to that post.
This strikes me as odd somehow. Would love input. I can't wrap my head around why it feels odd right now.
I can't wrap my head around why it feels odd to you either

andretimpa
I think he's posting much more than last time, even if much of it is quite short and rule questions. Maybe the tiniest townlean. n+

---

Coffeeditto
He's posting. v
kae, explain this. Why did you heavily townread me for this and n+ read andre for it?

Because the change was much more significant for you.

I can find nothing unusual about dc either. he was voted with almost no reasons given at all, so his memeresponse was fitting for the situation, no?
I do like his thoughts about always lynching, but as I said before this should really just be common sense and its unfortunate that for certain other people its apparently not.
There was some explicit reasoning stated on multiple peoples' parts. Mine being his reaction and interaction with Link, and others about his breadposting.
Honestly i still dont see those as legitimate reasons to push him, neither seemed weird to me.

moehrpi n+/w
This may come as a surprise, but in case his 'slip' was really just an overly dry delivered joke, i actually find his content consistently towny otherwise.
Flippy floppy reads, and if you thought he was so towny you shouldn't have pushed him so hard?

It was one thing that stuck out like a sore thump, that i wasnt sure if i was seeing it right (I wasnt). kinda like the killer bunny; seems pretty innocent overall except for that one time where he seems to have bitten someones head off; cant just ignore that.

I can't be around any longer so I'm just going to say this. You all argue that no lynch is bad because lynching is how town wins, and even if you lynch a town you gain valuable information. Well everyone seems to be voting me just because. Tell me what info you get if I get lynched? Are you going to vote out one of the players who voted me next? Somehow I doubt that.

I'm not going to random vote and cause others to panic and random vote also when there's literally no mechanical information out there yet since no one has really revealed anything. So I'm going to keep voting no lynch, and hopefully in roughly 5 games, like I said, you're realize the power that no lynch actually holds for town.

Lastly, you may be surprised what little information you actually do learn when I flip. Hopefully you like surprises. I sure do.

Sincerely,
Mafia Rita
Shock, I'm taking the risk to believe that you are town. It seems there is only a set amount of players who are voting on you, and only as a scapegoat option. I heard at least one other people say too that he believed you would be town. Does that not give you some hope to make you stay and figure out a lynch target other than No Lynch?
Townread this for the same reason as I townread kae earlier: if Sub was maf, it would be in his best interest to get Rita gone asap.

@Kae: Why is dawn above 6 other people on the usefulness scale? He's still sitting on only 2 posts and he is the only person not voting.
This is taking into consideration that we dont need to lynch him to kill him, if we instead agree that that role (forgot the name) does the job instead
More town deaths for maf=easier to win?
nah, just that if he ever got the votes to get lynched we could get an extra consensus lynch by just telling you to finish him off instead. If we knew he was town, obv we would neither lynch him nor take you killing him well.

DoubleCapitals (4) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine
MasterWalks (2) - PlayerOa, moehrpi
worldwideweb3 (2) - TheonlyrealBeef, andretimpa

I don't see www happening, hmm. After all this, I really hope you are at least a Durandal, www. Switching to DC.
Lynching shock without an in-this-game reason seems bad.
DoubleCapitals (6) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, PlayerOa, TheonlyrealBeef
These last minute votes onto DC are pretty towny, more so to TorB for being willing to hammer his maf partner if they are a team.

Think about it. With shock in the game, there's effectively 4 mafia. If we lynch shock we're guaranteed to at least go down to 3. But if he actually is mafia, then we've effectively gone from 4 to 2, killing half the team with one lynch. That's pretty high EV, I see no flaw in my math.

(((And this was the point where Sub realized that this game only has 3 mafia in it.....)))
d e r p c l e a r

I'm open to move to a dawn wagon.
Maybe significant after seeing the DC train pick up traction?

DoubleCapitals (5) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, PlayerOa
iancudorinmarian (3) - kaempfer13, Linkcat, TheonlyrealBeef

I can entertain some wagonomics at the very least, this doesn't change much, yet.
Same as above, but more towny than not.

welp, looks like my placeholdervote might end up the lynch. Oh well, i guess i prefer him over the other options rn.
hmm

DoubleCapitals (5) - Calindu, Coffeeditto, rob77dp, Submachine, TheonlyrealBeef
iancudorinmarian (2) - Linkcat, PlayerOa

Breaking ties.
Still townreading this.

w3 still defending dc at this point gives me a slight townlean on him
Townleaning w3 for defending your possible partner.

2mins hard limit!!!
You said this after Link had forced the tie, and didn't hammer on shock or DC even knowing there was a tie. This reeks to me.

I didnt feel very strong about either lynch at the time as you can take from my posts near eod. i would have preferred ian lynch at the time, but i would have panicvoted if torb didnt do it for me

Okay, that's the first 50 which consisted of N0 and D1. I will be doing the next 50 and the last 50 before day ends, I believe. I would like to encourage someone to do the same for me and my posts, as commentating on my own posts seems kind of biased.

anything
blarg: