2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 20, 2019, 05:38:38 am

*Author

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289114#msg1289114
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2019, 05:50:14 pm »
Alright so I had a couple mess ups that really affected the town negatively.

1) My trust in, and defending of Mobian. I blindly allied with him. He role revealed to me and it made me instantly trust. I gave him a play by play live of what i was doing and what intel I was gathering. I defended him as a civ to several different people. This gave him an inside view of town (at least part of it) and a "shield" of me defending him from lynches. I looked back at all the discord messages and the only red flag i found at all in our discussion was him not debating any of my decisions. He played mafia very well in the first few nights and he didnt lie to me once.

2)Not finding the connection between Mobian and Coffee. During the shock episode, i gave shock mixed messages. This is outlined in the thread so i wont cover it fully here. One of the mixed messages was that i was suspicions of Mobian and insig. I was suspicious of insig but not Mobian. Well shock PM's coffee who i was suspicious of, and coffee PMs Mobian. Mobain then tell me, full circle. Now, coffee and Mobian have never spoken before Mafia. In my mind, the first thing i thought of is Coffee is trying to get town rustled in hopes of a town lynch. So I tell d2d that if i die, Coffee is mafia (this turned out to be a great idea). However, it never once clicked with me that both Coffee and Mobian are mafia and that Mobian shared what coffee said to further cement his trust with me. looking back at it, its fairly obvious.

3) Blocking Firefly and Dragonfly in Night 2. Ian told Firefly to target 3 people. I targeted one of those people. It didnt even go through my head that it would block Firefly. This blocked 2 intel gathering roles on a very important day for town. Not only that, but i couldnt tell everyone what i did because i died that night.

Like i said the night i died, this was one of the most fun things i have done here. It was a great game, even after i died, watching from the outside, it was a total nail biter. I understand how the game is played and what NOT to do next time.
Mafia 71 when?
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289115#msg1289115
« Reply #421 on: May 13, 2019, 05:58:00 pm »
See, Oa? I had nothing to do with that :P

Anyway, this was a fun mafia, and apart from the almost deadly mistake of lynching mathman instead of Sub, I think I played relatively well. Being scummy civvy is fun :P

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289116#msg1289116
« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2019, 06:08:47 pm »
See, Oa? I had nothing to do with that :P

Figured so, albeit a little late ;) worked out for us in the end, though!

Great to have some mafia action again. And like iancu, I think town played pretty good this time around. Things looked kind of bleak mid-game, which was why I confirmed my role to iancu. Luckily Linkcat rolled Sub on my N4 Firefly. Like Linkcat said, that was probably the turning point. From there, mathman was pretty much confirmed town, making picking out mafia much easier.

Looking forward to 71!
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289117#msg1289117
« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2019, 06:13:41 pm »
Also, in hindsight, it probably was a mistake to lynch Root D1. Didn't really help much in the end.

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289119#msg1289119
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2019, 06:43:15 pm »
Great game everyone! Gratz team civy!

I wasn't getting much info until I got lucky with the firefly. But after that, while it was late in the game I felt confident I had enough info for what I needed to share.

Sorry ian for suspecting you, but you played scummy and that really threw me on your scent suspecting you as scum for most of the game.

I look forward to the next game.
something....something....something.....

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289121#msg1289121
« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2019, 07:46:34 pm »
Also, in hindsight, it probably was a mistake to lynch Root D1. Didn't really help much in the end.
The only way that strategy can work is if you can confirm Golden Nymphs and get them protected too...
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289122#msg1289122
« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2019, 08:02:59 pm »
was a really good balanced setup. Thanks Link.

Not so long before the next one plz :)
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289127#msg1289127
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2019, 10:02:15 pm »
The only way that strategy can work is if you can confirm Golden Nymphs and get them protected too...
It was the right strategy, it was just derailed by civilians who neglected to send any of their information to the Ash. It's not fair to criticize a strategy that only failed because you undermined it lol.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289128#msg1289128
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2019, 10:12:22 pm »
It was the right strategy, it was just derailed by civilians who neglected to send any of their information to the Ash. It's not fair to criticize a strategy that only failed because you undermined it lol.
(If I told you that I didn't realize that I should have been giving you info, would you believe me?)
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289129#msg1289129
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:31 pm »
(If I told you that I didn't realize that I should have been giving you info, would you believe me?)
Yeah lol. The simplest explanation was that you had just been mafia, but alas.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289133#msg1289133
« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2019, 04:09:09 am »

False. & here I thought it was so obvious that I pointed it out in chat & got a shushing from Linkcat: if Golden Nymph can lay low for a couple rounds (like by, say, acting like they have some regular townie role while PMing everything to Ash), then once they die Ash will know that all the info they gave beforehand is retroactively confirmed

That Root was able to still be useful without a Golden Nymph shows how correct his D1 lynch was. Imagine if players were allowed to reveal whatever they wanted in their dying words; that's what Root had access to. (That could be a neat role)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:13:20 am by serprex »

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 70 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67101.msg1289134#msg1289134
« Reply #431 on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:07 am »
I totally expect shock to win this poll, by the way. :silly:
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

blarg: