*Author

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg185168#msg185168
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:08 pm »
Sure, that's good too. I guess the point is that the only way to have the damage total equal 1 without creatures is with healing.

kurathedog, process of elimination.
Gravity, life, light, earth, air: no creatures, no direct damage
Time: precognition, but no way to kill creatures
Entropy: banned
Fire, aether, water, darkness, death: possible

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg185602#msg185602
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2010, 11:24:12 pm »
I already got that far.
I was looking for an actual hint...

And another view of the other puzzle opponenet plays purify, you go poison. (Either both upped or unupped)

Krahhl's puzzle.
Fire: fire bolt
Aether: thunder bolt
water: ice bolt
Death: poison (most promising)
Darness: drain life.

And unfortunately the AI won't use pandemonium unless you have more creatures than him.

You have banned every possible way to get a creature, so spells and permanents are all that are left. (and your No creatures In Hand part includes teh 8th card, and mono-time won't lose it's creatures) He nightmares a creature is also banned, so I am stumped.
Weapons are the only "useful" permanents, the best being gavel/shortsword, unless the solution includes teh opponent doing something, in which case vampiric dagger.

Perhaps your Idea of animating weapon spamming to waste quanta...
But air fails in this case.

I guess you can fractal his creature, but spark dies, photon lives (unless you thunderbolt it and he also has a fire shield) and lacks damage, phase recluse also lives, and anything else is non-aether.

fire bolt > ice bolt in all cases.
Fire > drain life unless you need that health.

Cremation fails. 12 different quanta to waste, and you don't even have a target.

Thunder bolt seems best, but you can't play 6 in an 8 card hand unless you have 2 Qtowers, but that is also not allowed.

The opponent can never damage himself.

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg185763#msg185763
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2010, 02:05:55 am »
Hint..basically tells you what to do. Your job to figure out how to do it.
I guess you can fractal his creature, but spark dies
But does it die?

Offline kurathedog

• New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg185906#msg185906
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2010, 05:52:56 am »
He plays spark, plate armor
Play 3Qtower, lightning his spark, fractal, play all 5 blight
Qtower, lightning him, SoG

I forgot about sog

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg185945#msg185945
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:20 am »
Not quite, you don't have a non-quantum pillar. Also you can't lightning his spark and then fractal it; it'd be dead already. ..And you can't play a lightning and SoG with only one quantum tower. But you're close enough so I'll give it to you.

The correct solution was
4 quantum tower
SoG
Fractal his ball lightning
Play all 6 copies
Aether tower
Lightning his ball lightning (not sure why that would kill it though o_o)

Offline kurathedog

• New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186098#msg186098
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:04 pm »
Finally, we are done with that puzzle
And he does plate armor on it, not heavy
5/3 blight
Funny, I think that is the only thing hat works

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186600#msg186600
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2010, 11:55:39 pm »
New Puzzle!
You're fighting another, even more 13373|2 haxxor!  He has haxxored so that he starts with 999 :entropy , :time , and :darkness quanta and and his hand is:

Nova
Nova
Protect Artifact x2
A special haxxed Photon that casts Black Hole every time it comes into play.
A special haxxed Eternity that has Momentum and inflicts damage that cannot be healed (i.e. reduces MaxHP).
A special haxxed Nightmare that returns to his hand every time he casts it.
A special haxxed Dissipation Shield that also acts as a Thorn Carapace.

He goes first, and casts everything but the Photon.  You get to draw this turn, but every turn thereafter, he plays Photon, Nightmares it, and returns it to his hand with his protected Eternity.  You'll never be able to draw another card in the entire game.  Find a set of 8 cards that will win the game for you.

This might end up being easier than I think, it's a pretty open puzzle. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186619#msg186619
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2010, 12:07:53 am »
Three aether pillars.  Quintessence.  Three gravity pillars.  Elite Charger.

Mark of gravity.

Wait.

Same puzzle, but this time, you can't get quanta from your mark.

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186684#msg186684
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2010, 01:29:38 am »
New Puzzle!
You're fighting another, even more 13373|2 haxxor!  He has haxxored so that he starts with 999 :entropy , :time , and :darkness quanta and and his hand is:

Nova
Nova
Protect Artifact x2
A special haxxed Eternity that has Momentum and inflicts damage that cannot be healed (i.e. reduces MaxHP).

He goes first, and casts everything but the Photon.  You get to draw this turn, but every turn thereafter, he plays Photon, Nightmares it, and returns it to his hand with his protected Eternity.  You'll never be able to draw another card in the entire game.  Find a set of 8 cards that will win the game for you.

Starting hand
Haxxed photon (same as opponent)
Haxxed Nightmare (same as opponent)
6 QT: Enough for nightmare each turn, rest fire.

Some combo of QT's and firebolts to kill opponent.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186729#msg186729
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2010, 02:36:04 am »
No, App -- he's a leeter haxxor than you, you don't get to use his tricks.

And Gl1tch, your solution fails -- the Black Hole effect will heal him of 6 out of the 7 damage the Charger deals each turn, so you'll still die long before he does. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186746#msg186746
« Reply #418 on: October 28, 2010, 02:59:45 am »
New Puzzle!

Nova
Nova
Protect Artifact x2

Uhh...

5 QT
1 Crimson Dragon
1 Momentum
1 Quint

1st turn: Play crimson dragon, end turn.
2nd turn: Momentum and Quint dragon.

The correct solution was
4 quantum tower
SoG
Fractal his ball lightning
Play all 6 copies
Aether tower
Lightning his ball lightning (not sure why that would kill it though o_o)
Okay, Mr. Loophole guy. No creatures in your hand ever. Ever. BAHAHAHA. No.
Invalid solution.

When you fractal a creature, creature card goes into hand.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg186965#msg186965
« Reply #419 on: October 28, 2010, 02:09:52 pm »
New Puzzle!

Nova
Nova
Protect Artifact x2

2xEntropy Tower
3xAether Tower
1xPhoton
1xMutation
1xQuint.

No way he can stop a 16|7 unstoppable quintdragon
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

blarg: