*Author

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180178#msg180178
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2010, 01:42:56 am »
^*Ignores that I said you can't draw a creature either.*

<*Rolls eyes.*

And no, the spell isn't a creature. The creature created by the spell is.

Wat?

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180214#msg180214
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2010, 02:38:07 am »
I think we need a hint.

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180215#msg180215
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2010, 02:40:10 am »
The loophole gang notices that you said "No creatures in hand" And I missed earlier posts

Anyways...
Eh...
4x Qtower 12 :fire
Fire tower  13 :fire
3x fire bolt for 18 damage 10 :fire

dang.

And I assume you can't mindgate a creature?

Nymph tears is too expensive, poison is too slow. Bolts take too long to build up. Short sword is best weapon. No creatures allowed whatsoever, meaning spells and permanents only. The best damage/cost weapon is shortsword. possibly gavel.
24 damage left.
Lighning has failed. Even if he plays voodoo doll, you can only hurt yourself.

Antimatter LS?
opponent plays Crimson dragon and 2 LS somehow.
It still hits you, and entropy has no healing.

blarg.

opponent nightmares Blightning?
Okay, Mr. Loophole guy. No creatures in your hand ever. Ever. BAHAHAHA. No.
Opponent won't tear your pillars either. and you don't even have any. Gravity, life, light, air, entropy, creatures, earth, and time all don't work under these rules.

I'm out of ideas

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180234#msg180234
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2010, 03:11:15 am »
Okay, Mr. Loophole guy. No creatures in your hand ever. Ever. BAHAHAHA. No.
Heh, I might have been a bit determined to shut him down there. And..gone over a bit.

But when I say starting hand, I mean all eight cards. So you can't draw creatures and your opponent can't nightmare creatures. Yeah. Not disallowing precogs or anything though (:

You want a hint? How much of a hint? Read the above carefully and you might extract something (I don't say it directly). If more people want a hint, I'll give one.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180259#msg180259
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2010, 03:43:37 am »
Essence's Puzzle
Using a mono deck and starting with no pet and no zero-cost creatures in your hand, end your turn with 2 pillars and nothing else -- no creatures, cards in hand, permanents, or quanta -- and your opponent at 67 HP.

No multiple copies of any card except towers.
Um, but it does?

For my guess, I'll assume mark doesn't count as a permanent or pillar? Since it..stacks on your mark.

2 quantum towers
1 entropy mark
1 micro abomination
1 mutate
1 pandemonium
1 chaos seed

7 :entropy
Mutate the abomination into a 7|0 spark; pandemonium and chaos TU 11|0 and 15|0.

No, sorry, not counting Marks either.  Clever though. :)

I'll give you a hint: you shouldn't ever have a creature with 0 HP.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180284#msg180284
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2010, 04:12:22 am »
Uh.

cremations
2 fire lance
1 fahrenheit
1 animate weapon

Get frustrated from not being able to solve your puzzle.
Rage spam cremations to 108 :fire.
Fire lance opponent for 33 damage.
Spam animate weapon til 5 :fire is left.
Play fahrenheit.
Animate it.
Fire lance it.

Rage. Fire. It works.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180291#msg180291
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2010, 04:41:07 am »
Except that Fire Lance won't kill the Fahrenheit.  :D :D :D
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180294#msg180294
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48:00 am »
Essence's Puzzle
Using a mono deck and starting with no pet and no zero-cost creatures in your hand, end your turn with 2 pillars and nothing else -- no creatures, cards in hand, permanents, or quanta -- and your opponent at 67 HP.

No multiple copies of any card except towers.
Um, but it does?

For my guess, I'll assume mark doesn't count as a permanent or pillar? Since it..stacks on your mark.

2 quantum towers
1 entropy mark
1 micro abomination
1 mutate
1 pandemonium
1 chaos seed

7 :entropy
Mutate the abomination into a 7|0 spark; pandemonium and chaos TU 11|0 and 15|0.

I just found out that I'm stupid.  This is actually the only correct solution to my puzzle.

Credit to Krahhl!

Sorry, all. 8)

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180297#msg180297
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:48 am »
Oh. UGH. Toss in another fire lance and leave an extra fire quanta. =__=
Not to mention animate weapon makes it a duo.

I really don't know how to do it with only one chaos seed and one pandemonium. Maybe entropy isn't even the right element at all. But the only other elements that can kill their creatures after they attack are aether, death, and darkness. Aether is out because you gave us that creatures won't have 0 hp and death/darkness can't get enough damage with two pillars. Fire maybe create more quanta than most, as well as explode pillars, but it still can't get enough damage, it has no way to kill its creatures after they attack, and there's no way to get rid of the excess quanta from cremation and still end with an empty hand in a mono deck. None of the other elements can even come close. So it has to be entropy. But then a mutant poisoned phoenix is the best I can think of, and again with only one chaos seed and pandemonium I can't get enough damage and still have everything die. The other option is to not use creatures and go for direct damage, but there's no way to get 33. I even considered voodoos, but there's no way to get rid of them.

Sorry for such a long paragraph; I kind of went on ranting. Don't read it if you don't want to.

I think we could use another hint to set us in the right direction though. If there's a way to do that without being specific enough to give the answer away too easily.

EDIT: Okay..typed all that for nothing. LOL. *Sigh*, Essence.

Wat?

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180299#msg180299
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2010, 05:03:00 am »
I shall take a break from this thread. My brain is not very pleased with it. :x

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180324#msg180324
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2010, 06:11:50 am »
My puzzle still stands

Krahhl's puzzle:

Hmmmm
Time has no damage spells
No other element can draw

And chaos seed and pandemonium are still banned.
Yet it appears as though creatures are involved

I think I can do it without mono

Opponent gets phoinex+heavy armor+rage (in general massive X/1 creature)

Qtowers
Tu his creature
Rt his creature
Ls yours (will heal youth full)
Arbitrarily damage opponent to satisfy conditions

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg180416#msg180416
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2010, 11:49:10 am »
I'll toss a puzzle, after solving some, I think I deserve it.

RavingRabbid's Puzzle

Without using :entropy , :other, :time, :aether, :fire quanta generators, have a crimson dragon in play at turn 3.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

blarg: