*Author

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg217985#msg217985
« Reply #504 on: December 06, 2010, 10:40:58 am »
Twinning a doll with poison doesn't add poison counters to your opponent.

Stop doing illegal maneuvers here D:<

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg219273#msg219273
« Reply #505 on: December 08, 2010, 02:11:00 am »
Flash is hating me, hard to test things out.

Pet dune scorp

Qtower
Chaos power
Chaos seed TU
Chaos seed TU
Qtower
Chaos seed TU
Chaos seed TU

5 poison.
He plays 7 Qtowers, 6 precogs, and a deja vu. +14 poison, 19 total

Chaos seed TU, +6, 25 total....

Pet forest scorp
Qtower
Qtower
Qtower
forest scorp
forest scorp
adrenaline
adrenaline
Play and adrenaline a scorp, adrenaline pet. One scorp left in hand. 8 poison
He idles...
Draw adrenaline, adrenaline scorp in hand. 3 4x hit scorps, 20 poison total... not enough

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220798#msg220798
« Reply #506 on: December 10, 2010, 04:38:32 am »
Pet Voodoo Doll

QTx2
Chaos Seed x5 == all are TU.

Opponent:
3x QT
4x Improved Plague

=6x4 = 24 poison counters.

Now to figure out how to add 6 more in one turn with only one card drawn. :D

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220812#msg220812
« Reply #507 on: December 10, 2010, 05:06:55 am »
Who says you need to draw another card?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220821#msg220821
« Reply #508 on: December 10, 2010, 05:23:40 am »
Pet Voodoo Doll

QTx2
Chaos Seed x5 == all are TU.

Opponent:
3x QT
4x Improved Plague

=6x4 = 24 poison counters.

Now to figure out how to add 6 more in one turn with only one card drawn. :D
So close.  Your opponent draws another card, totaling eight cards in their hand.  That last card is another Chaos Seed.

Basically your first move is everything Essence said.

Opponent:  The 3 QTs give you 8 :death + 1 :entropy.  Chaos Seed a Doll, causing it to TU.  Play all 4 Plague.
7 x 4 = 28.

On your next turn you draw a Poison (unupped in this case I guess) and add 2 more Poison damage.

28+2 = 30 poison damage before your opponent starts his second turn.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220828#msg220828
« Reply #509 on: December 10, 2010, 05:52:46 am »
So.. you as the opponent want to TU a doll, which creates it on your side, and then plague it, when plague only affects enemy creatures?

There's a difference between not knowing what to do and trying to do something you can't do...

Not to mention you're not using a mono deck anymore.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220829#msg220829
« Reply #510 on: December 10, 2010, 05:56:55 am »
So.. you as the opponent want to TU a doll, which creates it on your side, and then plague it, when plague only affects enemy creatures?

There's a difference between not knowing what to do and trying to do something you can't do...

Not to mention you're not using a mono deck anymore.
Oh wow I fail at reading x)

Yes, that was completely wrong, I won't try another one of those puzzles ever again  :(
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220838#msg220838
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2010, 06:10:46 am »
There's nothing wrong with trying; my point was just that you should make sure your solution works before posting it. If you can't keep all the restrictions specific to the puzzle in mind, I can point those out, but at least basic game rules should be easy enough to check for yourself.

Sorry if I sounded harsh; I just wanted to add a little more emphasis than simply "you can't do that".

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220841#msg220841
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2010, 06:19:21 am »
Yeah, it sounded completely plausible when I thought about it but then I really had to facepalm myself for missing vital details like that...and for the record, does using a mono deck mean your opponent has to do the same?

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220865#msg220865
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2010, 06:53:16 am »
No, only you. In my puzzle, pandemonium is banned for both sides though.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220896#msg220896
« Reply #514 on: December 10, 2010, 08:01:45 am »
You:  1 Chaos Power, 6 QT; Pet:  Dune Scorpion.  QT generates 1 :entropy and at least 16 :death (all other quanta is negligible).  Play Chaos Power on Dune Scorpion.  Neurotoxin:  1 Poison damage.

Opponent:  1 Death Stalker, 1 Nightmare, 1 Eclipse, 4 QT, 1 Precognition (+4 Precognition and 1 Ivory Dragon Drawn).  QT gives 2 :death, 5 :darkness, 5 :time.  Play Death Stalker, play Eclipse, Nightmare the Death Stalker (adds 8 to your hand), activate the chain of Precognition.  The last card drawn with Precognition is an Ivory Dragon which cannot be played. 13 Poison total.

You:  Drop all 8 Death Stalkers.  This adds 16 to the poison total.  Your pet Dune Scorpion adds the final one, bringing your total to 30 poison damage.

This takes hacking to the extreme and requires that your opponent is a complete moron...but it works.  I do hope I did my calculations right this time ::)

Krahhl

Re: Elements Haxxor Puzzles by Essence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12764.msg220905#msg220905
« Reply #515 on: December 10, 2010, 08:38:11 am »
Wow. I thought deathstalkers cost 3 :death, but guess not. So your solution works.

I would tell you to try it without a dune scorpion now, but your solution is epic enough that.. yeah.

Mine was a bit simpler.. (don't look at it if you do want to try the above, applies to every else too)
You:
Pet voodoo doll
6 QT
1 fractal

Play 3 towers (8 :aether 1 :darkness)
Fractal 5 voodoos
Player other 3 towers (9 :darkness)
Play all voodoos (total 6)
Towers produce 18 :life

Opponent:
Pet forest scorpion
3 QT
4 improved plague
1 nightmare

Play all towers (8 :death 1 :darkness)
Play all plagues (24 poison)
Nightmare the forest scorpion

You:
Play 6 forest scorpions (30 poison total)

Hmm.. wonder how the upcoming nerf to fractal is going to affect some puzzles o_o.

anything
blarg: