*Author

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg54768#msg54768
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »
Is there some reason people can't use non-elements avatars?  Is there like a post limit?  Because there really aren't enough cards to accommodate a community this large.

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg54771#msg54771
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »
Is there some reason people can't use non-elements avatars?  Is there like a post limit?  Because there really aren't enough cards to accommodate a community this large.
Yes, you must be a Full Member. That means 200 posts.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg54776#msg54776
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:59 pm »
Hmmm.  The obvious solution then is to decrease that number.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg56236#msg56236
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 03:08:32 am »
As soon as xdude gives up the relic avatar, I'm snagging it.  I GOT DIBS!
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg56238#msg56238
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:38 am »
No one has my avatar. :-D

It is really annoying though when people with the same avatars post right next to each other. Or just several times in the same thread. It's easy to subconsciously see the picture and know who is talking.

airframe

Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg56323#msg56323
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:44 am »
I really have no idea whether someone is already using the avatar I picked.

I just went ahead and chose what I liked best.

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg56346#msg56346
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 11:01:48 am »

Doesn't this thread belong into the humour section?

Wait, you really ARE serious about this ...

Just never forget xdude:
You ARE a senior member, so none of all those rules introducing special priviledges or taking them away from people are ever really going to affect you.
People already seem quite unhappy about the 200-post custom avatar rule, so why further aggravate this whole thing by coming up with something like this?

If this distressing idea actually goes through, at least full-members should have the "right AND duty" to pick a custom-avatar so they don't block cool pictures for those who are not "elite".

Offline pepokish

• Reputation Power: 6
  • pepokish is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Honorary Team Life Member! <3
  • Awards: Real Life Elementalist
Re: No more of the same Avatars https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5411.msg56356#msg56356
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:15 am »
I really no idea whether someone is already using the avatar I picked.

I just went ahead and chose what I liked best.
This is indeed part of the problem.

With the current system, newbies can not possibly be expected to know which avatars are currently in use.  There are going to be duplicates, because this is a big forum (therefore, you cannot possibly know which avatars are still "available"), and most of the more popular cards have already been taken. 

Yes, it is a bit of an annoyance when more than one user uses the same avatar -- but is it honestly worth making a fuss over? 

I kind of have to side with Jangoo, on this one.  The relic art is nice, xdude, but if you are going to complain about duplicate avatars, why not use a custom one?  Even if you just edit it a bit, like vrt.  I'd even make one for you.  But it isn't very nice to complain about other users "copying" your avatar, when you have limitless possibilities, and they have very cramped options.

blarg: