*Author

Offline TheCrazyMangoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212782#msg212782
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
i was thinking about being a rookie in war and i thought of how much my team has helped me grow as an elements player. i think the forums should have a thing where experienced playersEDIT(Full member or above) can sign up to mentor a new player for a week or two. the new players would also have to sign up and then be randomly paired with an experienced player. this would help with alot of things like newer players posting deck codes instead of the picture thing. it would also help with other things but thats the first thing that came to mind
Poll Added
Also, i think you should be able to take your name off of the mentor list at any time. and i also should add that you get 1 newer player at a time

THE SIGNUP PAGE
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,16656.new.html#new

Ok this is the list of mentors ATM. right now im goin by the 200 post requirement. this is just for me to see who to add to the mentor list.
Timerclock14
Willng3
Hyroen
Wardead
Kuross
EvaRia
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Scaredgirl

Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212784#msg212784
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »
That's a very good idea actually.

Success depends on whether or not veteran community members want to go ahead with something like this.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212786#msg212786
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure I don't count as a veteran member, but if I was I'd be more than willing to do this :D
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212788#msg212788
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »
Success depends on whether or not veteran community members want to go ahead with something like this.
thats true and i just checked and it looks like we get about 20 new people on the forums a day and depending on how many of those new people sign up we might run out of mentors.

Also, we need more definative guidlines for who can be mentors.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212791#msg212791
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »
I would definitely be up for doing something like this.  Developing closer bonds with newer players in a positive manner helps keep the community alive, positive, and much more pleasant; not to mention helping it to grow even more.  Fantastic idea.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline brettbstock

• Reputation Power: 3
  • brettbstock is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212804#msg212804
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:36 pm »
I'm pretty sure I don't count as a veteran member, but if I was I'd be more than willing to do this :D
Same for me, except replacing 'veteran member' with 'new member'

Offline asymmetry

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Immolating myself non-stop since 2012
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWinner of the Design a Forum Award competitionMake a Magazine 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card 1st Place
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212814#msg212814
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:09 pm »
I agree, and may this quote be my explanation

(...)
I just HAVE to say how much Ryan... evolved thoughout this match and how fast of a learner he is. In the first game, I had to tell him what to do: what to bolt, when to bolt, when to Miracle and stuff. In the second game, he did need some advice, as he was still unsure, but he also seemed to already know what to do. It was no more "should I go for deck-out or damage kill>" but more of "I should kill the shriek so I can deck him out, right?". In the third game, he played it all alone. And he got a brilliant win.
(...)
Sure, some new guys will feel better playing solo, but i witnessed Ryan's progress and it felt very rewarding.
Fenix shared a similar idea with us some months ago, in which 12 threads (per element) would recruit people interested in them to share experiences. It wasn't a 1:1 ratio, everyone helped everyone, but this seems a bit more organized. Thanks for this, 9270984.
So, tell me my friend, what can you see? What comes into your mind as you breathe?
'cause I see colors flourishing like you'd never believe... like a pendulum swings, they swing with me!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212831#msg212831
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »
I would love to be a mentor. I don't think I'd count as a veteran, but I've been here for some time now.

Count me in. c:
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline jippy99

• jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212846#msg212846
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:49 pm »
I would love to be a mentor, but I am not a "veteran".  I believe that this is a great idea to engage new members and keep the community growing.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Kuross

Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212852#msg212852
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »
So, umm, why not start a sticky somewhere with peeps that are willing to be mentors listed in the OP and somewhere visible for new players to find easily?

Just FYI, if and/or when it goes up, I'll be glad to help out ;)

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212860#msg212860
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »
I'm the first one to vote no? o.O
I guess I'd better explain myself then :P

I don't mind helping people out from time to time, but this sounds quite constraining, like that you'd have to answer every question and such. I get tired of questions real fast, might have noticed it be me falling silent all the sudden (depends on how much the questions intrigue me though). So no, I bet there are more noob friendly players than me to be a "mentor" ;)

Re: Mentor System https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16630.msg212865#msg212865
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »
I'm the first one to vote no? o.O
I guess I'd better explain myself then :P

I don't mind helping people out from time to time, but this sounds quite constraining, like that you'd have to answer every question and such. I get tired of questions real fast, might have noticed it be me falling silent all the sudden (depends on how much the questions intrigue me though). So no, I bet there are more noob friendly players than me to be a "mentor" ;)
ah now i understand you view

So, umm, why not start a sticky somewhere with peeps that are willing to be mentors listed in the OP and somewhere visible for new players to find easily?
also, how do you post a sticky topic??? maybe i need a mentor lol

anything
blarg: