*Author

Sal

Offline Grinding while having a Farm up https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14173.msg178907#msg178907
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:19 am »
My router broke the other day and i noticed i am able to play the game anyway, unless i want to play against AI4(Top50) or PvP.
So i played some games and switched the router and was able to save the gamestate a few hours later.

So i came up with this:

Step1 setup a farm and let the game save
Step2 turn off your internet connection (so the farm stays up)
Step3 play offline against the AI
Step4 turn on your connection and save your progress

This way you could setup a "permanent" farm and still play the game.

Technicly you still do everything you would normally do and won´t get any advantage for doing so.
On the other hand you aren´t able to do this without "tricking" the system.

There was a discussion about it on the chat and i´d like to clarify if i (or anyone else) am allowed to use this "method" or would i risk my account for that?

Malduk

Re: Offline Grinding while having a Farm up https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14173.msg178920#msg178920
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 06:51:08 am »
Well, I'm gonna say what I said on chat: any single player flash game is playable offline, and its more like a feature of flash games rather than an exploit. I always have elements loaded when I'm on a trip somewhere and I dont have a permanent connection (or if I have weak connection).

Grinding offline wouldnt ever be considered a "problem" if you're not T50. I dont think anyone would ever see it as a problem if your first deck wasnt a farm, but rather if you just switched "normal" decks.
So, IMO, the only issue here is the farm decks in general. If its okay to have farm decks up, I dont see anything questionable with playing AI offline. If its not, then its not okay to have farm decks in general, and the issue has nothing to do with playing offline.

Anyway, you may found this out by "accident", but I assure you, Zanz knows about possibility of playing the flash game offline. IMO, if he didnt think its okay to do so, he would have wrote this in the rules section, just like he knows that its possible to program bots to play for you, and he DID explicitly forbid it in the rules. Its the perk of any flash game.

Kuross

Re: Offline Grinding while having a Farm up https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14173.msg179016#msg179016
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:29:05 pm »
It almost feels like a moral dilema- should one be able to play offline and still post up a farm?

Imagine, and pardon the slippery slope argument, that if each player in the Top50 did this Top50 would be nothing but free score/electrum/rares. Question would be- is that right? Personally, I don't think so. If the game allows this manuver then either Zanz is okay with it, doesn't care or is unable to change this. I'd be inclined to assume he is somewhat unable to fix this at this time, but I will gladly be shown I am wrong if I am. Point is, I feel it's a way of circumventing the 'no trade' rule.

kobisjeruk

Re: Offline Grinding while having a Farm up https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14173.msg179230#msg179230
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 08:02:45 pm »
i've read somewhere about zanz's personal opinion regarding farm in T50 (it also has future implementation of rarer rare that turned out to be the nymphs) and while he never intended for it to happen, hes not going to change it because T50 is a sort of accomplishment and they are entitled to pose whatever deck they want but that led to nymphs turning into relic when won at spin because rare cards are supposed to be rare

if all of T50 turn into a farmfest, that will change everything (since you can skip hardcore AI3 grinding and went straight to T50 for better result in electrum/score/rares) but even then, i view multiple leaderboard appearance as a much bigger problem than this (since it basically produce the same result but limit the number of actual T50ers)

blarg: