*Author

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016095#msg1016095
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:10:37 pm »
NAME:
Symbiosis
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
6 :life
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Your Hp is now equal to the total amount of all creatures on your field. If it is higher than your max, it is raised.
NAME:
Symbiosis
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
7 :life
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Your Hp is now equal to the total amount of all creatures on the field. If it is higher than your max, it is raised.

ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
Looking for a better name and thoughts on element placement especially. Would this be better in life or Air?
SERIES:

Spoiler for previous version:
NAME:
Resize
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
3 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Your Hp is now equal to the total amount of all creatures on your field.
NAME:
Resize
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
4 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Your Hp is now equal to the total amount of all creatures on the field.

ART:
Will you make art for this?
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
Looking for a better name and thoughts on element placement especially. Would this be better in life or Air?
SERIES:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:16:37 am by Rutarete »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Resize | Resize https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016115#msg1016115
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »
I think it would make sense in Life.  Life is primarily about creatures, and, one could argue, growth, with mitosis and forest spirits.  I think something like 'symbiosis' would be a good name, but I think someone already submitted a card with that name once, so I'm not sure if it's allowed to reuse a name.  I don't see why not, but there might be a rule against it.  I think it should probably cost a lot more than it does, though; it could potentially heal a lot of hp.  It's similar to, but more situational than, Miracle, so it should be cheaper than miracle, but maybe not by a lot.  Maybe something like 11 unupped and 8 upped cost, again going with the -3 reduction parallel with miracle.

Offline Joseph7

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Joseph7 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Resize | Resize https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016448#msg1016448
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:13 am »
I think it would make sense in Life.  Life is primarily about creatures, and, one could argue, growth, with mitosis and forest spirits.
I completely agree that this card should be life. Were it gravity, it would be way overpowering, since gravity creatures already have high hp values to begin with. Gravity also has a way to "heal" itself by redirecting attack upon its Armagios and any creature seized by its powerful gravity force spell. I definitely feel that it would be appropriate in life thematically and also mechanically. Life does not have any cards that depend upon variables - heal always heals 20 HP, mitosis always gives the parent function, and so on. Not only this, but some cards are meant to directly go "against" their own element in a way. The fire shield best works against fire, the gravity shield best works against gravity, and so on. Since life creatures do not inherently have high hp values, this card's mechanic would be very balanced were it placed in life. I do like the mechanic, however, if not the element it is in, and I would like to see a card like this in the game.

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Resize | Resize https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016459#msg1016459
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:49 am »
I think something like 'symbiosis' would be a good name, but I think someone already submitted a card with that name once, so I'm not sure if it's allowed to reuse a name.
Funny you should mention that :) http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,24290.0.html

As for the 11 | 8 cost, I'm not sure it's worth that much, because it has much less effect than miracle, and it takes quite a bit to get over 100 hp (if you're not using gravity). The best use would be Fying Titans. I'll still raise it, but probably around the 8|5-ish range. Also, your card was never submitted to the crucible, so there's no name problems for me submitting it.

I think it would make sense in Life.  Life is primarily about creatures, and, one could argue, growth, with mitosis and forest spirits.
I completely agree that this card should be life. Were it gravity, it would be way overpowering, since gravity creatures already have high hp values to begin with. Gravity also has a way to "heal" itself by redirecting attack upon its Armagios and any creature seized by its powerful gravity force spell. I definitely feel that it would be appropriate in life thematically and also mechanically. Life does not have any cards that depend upon variables - heal always heals 20 HP, mitosis always gives the parent function, and so on. Not only this, but some cards are meant to directly go "against" their own element in a way. The fire shield best works against fire, the gravity shield best works against gravity, and so on. Since life creatures do not inherently have high hp values, this card's mechanic would be very balanced were it placed in life. I do like the mechanic, however, if not the element it is in, and I would like to see a card like this in the game.
I'm glad to hear you say that.

Card updated with new name, cost, and element switch.

My Decks

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016475#msg1016475
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:59:13 am »
The wording implies the most it can do is set your hp to 46.

You might have meant "health" rather than "amount".
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016478#msg1016478
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:06:37 am »
The wording implies the most it can do is set your hp to 46.

You might have meant "health" rather than "amount".
Yes, I meant that. I made a mistake. Will be updating momentarily
My Decks

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016479#msg1016479
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 05:15:00 am »
This seems very very strong. A deck with even just some armagios effectively makes this stronger than SS+Miracle. For example,

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 746 74c 74c 74c 74c 74c 74c 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pn 000 000 000 000 000 000

is extremely difficult to beat. It consistently has well over 100 HP quite early, and the damage from titans is enough by itself (it's worth noting that it was able to outrush AI3 consistently even without the real card).
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1016480#msg1016480
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:19:03 am »
yes, but the way it was worded before was too limiting.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Symbiosis | Symbiosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44722.msg1034983#msg1034983
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:26 am »
I really like this idea! It just makes so much sense as a Life ability! Cheers!
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

anything
blarg: