*Author

Re: Magnet Tracer | Magnet Tracer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17614.msg438272#msg438272
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »
Respectfully, do we really want people to be able to instantly draw Steals, Miracles, Shards of Sacrifice, etc on a whim?

This is an extremely powerful card. It's already becoming somewhat hazardous to not have permanent control in your deck; this card would move it into the realm of the permanently suicidal. Being able to immediately draw whatever card is needed for the occasion, over and over and over? Yow. I suppose this might allow/make it wiser for people to play decks larger than 35 cards, but this could be a pretty big boost to Rainbow decks. (Draw Supernova, have mana for two traces, use one for another supernova, dump card of choice into play.)

This is both card draw advantage AND topdeck-ability. That's a tremendously powerful combination, and for one gravity when upped...yeow.

I don't know if this is a concern, but this would also pose some pretty interesting AI problems in terms of the AI recognizing what to play when.
It does have draw advantage and topdecking, but your example is invalid since this card can't target spells. (Or any card in your hand for that matter)
(Overall the card is slightly weaker than Hourglass in early game with a limited selection of cards but gains power as the game progresses - by late game you can grab any card you need provided you still have it in your deck, whereas Hourglass is useless when you're down to ~3 cards.)
Hmm. Apologies, I must have missed the 'doesn't target spells' portion of the ability. All I see is "target card" and that to me equated to anything existing in Elements. On further review, I still don't see where the indication is that this wouldn't affect spells? That's not a remark of defiance, it's a remark of "You're understanding something I'm not, so show me" so that I may understand as well.

So if we're assuming permanents only, I suppose it's not quite so scary a beast. It still makes me wince a little on the idea of someone pulling the Gravity Nymph  at the bottom of their deck right from the start, but that's still not nearly as beastly as what I originally saw.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Magnet Tracer | Magnet Tracer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17614.msg438277#msg438277
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »
Respectfully, do we really want people to be able to instantly draw Steals, Miracles, Shards of Sacrifice, etc on a whim?

This is an extremely powerful card. It's already becoming somewhat hazardous to not have permanent control in your deck; this card would move it into the realm of the permanently suicidal. Being able to immediately draw whatever card is needed for the occasion, over and over and over? Yow. I suppose this might allow/make it wiser for people to play decks larger than 35 cards, but this could be a pretty big boost to Rainbow decks. (Draw Supernova, have mana for two traces, use one for another supernova, dump card of choice into play.)

This is both card draw advantage AND topdeck-ability. That's a tremendously powerful combination, and for one gravity when upped...yeow.

I don't know if this is a concern, but this would also pose some pretty interesting AI problems in terms of the AI recognizing what to play when.
It does have draw advantage and topdecking, but your example is invalid since this card can't target spells. (Or any card in your hand for that matter)
(Overall the card is slightly weaker than Hourglass in early game with a limited selection of cards but gains power as the game progresses - by late game you can grab any card you need provided you still have it in your deck, whereas Hourglass is useless when you're down to ~3 cards.)
Hmm. Apologies, I must have missed the 'doesn't target spells' portion of the ability. All I see is "target card" and that to me equated to anything existing in Elements. On further review, I still don't see where the indication is that this wouldn't affect spells? That's not a remark of defiance, it's a remark of "You're understanding something I'm not, so show me" so that I may understand as well.

So if we're assuming permanents only, I suppose it's not quite so scary a beast. It still makes me wince a little on the idea of someone pulling the Gravity Nymph  at the bottom of their deck right from the start, but that's still not nearly as beastly as what I originally saw.
It is targeting cards on the field IIRC (see replies 6 through 9).
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Magnet Tracer | Magnet Tracer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17614.msg438328#msg438328
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »
"Ohh god please don't make him target his UGes..."
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: