*Author

assassim

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg72202#msg72202
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 05:43:08 am »
I LOVE this card after the new change. Just one quick question.. does Lava kill right when it's play or will it be like flood (no effect on first turn)

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg72203#msg72203
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 05:48:05 am »
I think it can be a good idea but I have a problem with the card.
But at first a two questions:
1) Does it affect immortal or burrowed creatures?
2) Does it start again after it reached the east/west column?

The problem is that this card is a instant kill card that affect every creature on the field as long it doesn't dive or is fire. Unlike Flood you can't avoid Lava and that's why this card is OP right now.

I think you should change the instant kill to an damaging effect or make the effect avoidable like Flood.
I suppose that's true. A potentially better option is that when the lava 'touches' a creature, it simply receives a semi-small amount of damage (2-3), so that certain creatures will get demolished from two opposing waves, but you still have the opportunity to buff up or remove your creature before the lava kills it. Flood can't be avoided if all of your middle row slots are taken - Lava can be avoided by careful memorization of where each creature is played and playing the ones after the lava has passed the area.

If a false god had this card, at least you'd know which direction the waves would be coming from. XD

miniwally

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg72224#msg72224
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 07:13:09 am »
It is not OP as it will not affect immortal creatures or burrowed ones like flood doesn't. Basically it will not kill any creatures that aren't killed by flood (without being mentioned on the flood card).

miniwally

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg85908#msg85908
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »
So why didn't you vote for it, tbh I think it's a lot better now the new synergy with steam engine will be released and it strengthens it further but the upkeep means that you'll end up draining yourself of quanta by too much eventually.

Ok I've changed it to non-airborne creatures as that makes more sense but I'm not sure if it's UP now but I'll leave that for you to decide.

This disappears after it reaches the opposite column.

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg89386#msg89386
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »
Nice idea to use the new airborne ability.  :)
I think it's ok right now as every element has a way to avoid the lava.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg95804#msg95804
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:55 am »
lol finally commenting after like ages >_< :L

okay here goes: Lava shifting, moves right to left... Okay good, but that means every slot is damaged which is harsh, but over a long time, compared to plague (as you said does not affect immortals or burrowed) is is the same but slower... this will not clear the board as some have more than 2/3 HP (the damage of lava), whereas plague means that creature pretty much dies
So not OP if this does 2 damge, I would like it to be 2 and not 3 as RoF is 3 damage and.. well.. to be different is better, also means you need 2 to kill decent creatures encourageing play....
Do not affert immortals/burrows, check good
2 damage, check good
Move right to left.... why right to left? I wuold have thought left to right, but tbh it doesn't matter (as that is upgraded), check
When you say it moves, does it only cover 1 column at a time? or 2 or what?.... also what do you consider a column as some overlap (the middle row doesn't line up with top or bottom....
Upkeep is at the end of each turn before or after it moves? so do you have to pay upkeep first go it is played?
Does it move at the end of every go or only the end of your goes... again is upkeep at the end of every go or the end of yours (not familiar with flood)... is damge dealt to cretures when lava reaches them (the turn it moves) or the start of your go? also does it damage at the end of each go or only your goes?
Sweeps once, check good
Ugraded sweeps other way, good check, however I think the cost should still be 3 :fire for upgraded as otherwise you an kill 4 HP creatures for 5 cost whereas you need RoF (7 isn't it?) and won't kill 4 HP creatures
Keep upgraded 3 :fire and the same except other direction  ..... one card where upgrading isn't hugely important :)

my views, lots of questions :S :L

miniwally

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg95822#msg95822
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:17 pm »
lol finally commenting after like ages >_< :L

okay here goes: Lava shifting, moves right to left... Okay good, but that means every slot is damaged which is harsh, but over a long time, compared to plague (as you said does not affect immortals or burrowed) is is the same but slower... this will not clear the board as some have more than 2/3 HP (the damage of lava), whereas plague means that creature pretty much dies It doesn't damage them it kills them don't know where you got that from
So not OP if this does 2 damge, I would like it to be 2 and not 3 as RoF is 3 damage and.. well.. to be different is better, also means you need 2 to kill decent creatures encourageing play....It doesn't damage them it kills them don't know where you got that from
Do not affert immortals/burrows, check good
2 damage, check good
Move right to left.... why right to left? I wuold have thought left to right, but tbh it doesn't matter (as that is upgraded), check
When you say it moves, does it only cover 1 column at a time? or 2 or what?.... also what do you consider a column as some overlap (the middle row doesn't line up with top or bottom....It covers the first block in each row at the same time
Upkeep is at the end of each turn before or after it moves? so do you have to pay upkeep first go it is played?
Does it move at the end of every go or only the end of your goes... again is upkeep at the end of every go or the end of yours (not familiar with flood)... is damge dealt to cretures when lava reaches them (the turn it moves) or the start of your go? also does it damage at the end of each go or only your goes? It's each time it moves but the first time it just goes in the first row
Sweeps once, check good
Ugraded sweeps other way, good check, however I think the cost should still be 3 :fire for upgraded as otherwise you an kill 4 HP creatures for 5 cost whereas you need RoF (7 isn't it?) and won't kill 4 HP creatures
Keep upgraded 3 :fire and the same except other direction  ..... one card where upgrading isn't hugely important :)

my views, lots of questions :S :L

Ant-n-ero

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg96008#msg96008
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »
okay, sorry it was Kuroaitou who said it should do 2-3 damage instead
and in my opinion it should do only 2 damage, but then again that is a slightly UP :/

good idea but tbh I would not vote for it, I just don't like it to be honest - sorry :S :L

miniwally

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg96109#msg96109
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 06:54:27 pm »
and in my opinion it should do only 2 damage, but then again that is a slightly UP :/

good idea but tbh I would not vote for it, I just don't like it to be honest - sorry :S :L
Why should it do only two damage? That would make it severely underpowered considering RoF does a better job for cheaper.

Considering it has an upkeep cost it should be like flooding and kill the creatures.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg98088#msg98088
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:38 pm »

Why should it do only two damage? That would make it severely underpowered considering RoF does a better job for cheaper.

Considering it has an upkeep cost it should be like flooding and kill the creatures.
Of course, unless they're airbourne (HOORAY FOR NEW PASSIVES!  ;D), immortalized/quinted, burrowed, or :fire-based.

I kind of realized that this would piss off anyone when used in a pure mono-fire rush, as Lava would decimate any creature that can't burrow, be immortalized immediately, or can penetrate wings, all the while Rain of Fire could be spammed to get rid of unprotected creatures with low HP (including the :fire creatures themselves that the countering player would use to bypass Lava).

I still love the idea, and the upkeep is good, but with cards like Immolation out there boosting the :fire's capability to gain quanta quickly for cards like these... it's kind of alarming, which is why I initially suggested it should do 2-3 damage (I should have said 3-5 instead).

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg101328#msg101328
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 04:47:26 am »
It seems to me that this is somewhat stronger than flood is. Perhaps far too powerful

Here's my reasoning: you have the lava start to the east and spread west. It sounds fine at first, except that since there's no control over where newly played creatures go, and one of the first slots to be filled is all the way to the east in the center row.

The card is cheap enough that you could play it very early, before an opponent could reasonably play more than a couple creatures.

Then, any creatures in the far-east slot would be killed, and when your opponent tried to summon a new creature it would be summoned to that same far-east slot, even though there are many empty slots available on the board (realistically, most of the slots would still be empty)

I do like the concept though, and fire really needs a permanent or two.

I hope my analysis is helpful

miniwally

Re: Lava | Lava https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6381.msg101465#msg101465
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2010, 10:16:57 am »
It seems to me that this is somewhat stronger than flood is. Perhaps far too powerful

Here's my reasoning: you have the lava start to the east and spread west. It sounds fine at first, except that since there's no control over where newly played creatures go, and one of the first slots to be filled is all the way to the east in the center row.

The card is cheap enough that you could play it very early, before an opponent could reasonably play more than a couple creatures.

Then, any creatures in the far-east slot would be killed, and when your opponent tried to summon a new creature it would be summoned to that same far-east slot, even though there are many empty slots available on the board (realistically, most of the slots would still be empty)

I do like the concept though, and fire really needs a permanent or two.

I hope my analysis is helpful
You'd need to at least be generating 3 fire per turn to play this card so I doubt it could be used as early as you state also there's a lot of hard hitters who fly (airborne) who would still be there killing you while your quanta is being slowly devoured by the lava.

blarg: