*Author

Manipul8r

Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg302006#msg302006
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:11 am »
Putting it at the bottom would heavily limit its potential and usefulness, you'd never need more than a couple.

I think a neat thing would be to have an alternate usage for the upgraded version in this case.  For example, the upgraded version could have a higher casting cost and higher hp, with additional ability  :gravity : gravity pull.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg302126#msg302126
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 06:44:31 am »
Kitsune is a japanese fox spirit.
Foxes are sly, but for some reason I do not feel the ability fits in Darkness, perhaps due to the original creator making the card entropy as well as the original art for the card.
When the Kitsune dies, it uses it's tricky and erratic movements to escape further damage and go back to the deck. Also has good synergy with pandemonium.
How does a Dragonfly generate quanta? Since the ability is semi-vanilla on it's own, I feel that givng it an alternate use is more useful than raising it's stats.
I'm not completelly convinced by your explanations.
  • Trickster: This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune#Tricksters) really points toward darkness (or maybe fire ...). It doesn't really look like an escaping ability but OK. This is your artistic interpretation ...
  • Entopickster: However, I found interesting to have a look at the wikipedia page of Kitsune. There, some of Kitsune's characteristics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune#Characteristics) are indicated. The fox is supposed to be a Shape-shifter. I could see this used for the upped version (It is not unusual for entropy to have different behaviour in the upped and unupped version). quote: "kitsune can duplicate the appearance of a specific person." In my opinion, this fits a little better in entropy.
  • Quanta Generation: Dragonflies are creatures which have as a purpose (in the game) to be quanta generators. This creature clearly has another one. Having a creature carrying an ability with no purpose is IMO damaging both for the theme and the gameplay.

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg302592#msg302592
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »
I think I'm generally bad at making a stable argument, so sorry about that.  ^-^

However, I did read the shape-shifter part and I think that's where Kitsune really fits as  :entropy - it's shapshift ability is what allows it escape I suppose and when it upgrades it "evolves" with it's shapeshifting to generate  :entropy as well.

The generation of Entropy is special here because this card is "protected" from being killed - as long as you can keep playing the Kitsune (drawing it is easy w/a few hourglasses) you have a quantum generator that is more durable against destruction (no other generator can currently send itself back to the deck) and can fuel more expensive cards like upped Pandemonium or Antimatter.

Based on the polls, Kitsune will probably be sent back to a random spot in the deck. I will change that when i have time.

EDIT: Changes made and submitted to Crucible.

Ignion

Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg320343#msg320343
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »
You could always set the chance to return to the deck lower for unupped and higher for upped. Personally, I would remove the  :entropy generation completely. It doesn't make sense and it's too random. Doesn't fit the card or its skill/theme. Shapeshifting is usually an ability that consumes energy to change shape, not generate.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg320619#msg320619
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 08:51:01 pm »
You could always set the chance to return to the deck lower for unupped and higher for upped. Personally, I would remove the  :entropy generation completely. It doesn't make sense and it's too random. Doesn't fit the card or its skill/theme. Shapeshifting is usually an ability that consumes energy to change shape, not generate.
Actually, I remember a discussion the 12 realms authors had where we tossed around what would happen if an elemental was enchanted with Antimatter - we concluded that the elemental would swap usage of energy and draining energy, as well as the effects of damage and healing. Entropy is generally very random with things and I personally don't see why an enchanted Kitsune wouldn't produice energy - it's similar to claiming that origami (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,21280.0.html) cannot generate :entropy because origami wouldn't give a present of chaotic energy.

Also, I think being too specific with the deck mechanic might be a headache to code into the game. I would like to keep that part simple.

Offline Toxx

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Toxx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Boredd
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg378503#msg378503
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 01:14:08 pm »
Nice idea but dont wanna see it in the game

• Legendary Member
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg378544#msg378544
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 02:52:10 pm »
Would you like to explain why this idea would be bad for the game?

Offline Toxx

• Boredd
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg379055#msg379055
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:43:43 pm »
Would you like to explain why this idea would be bad for the game?
Well I like the card ability I love playing with cards that has abilities similar to this one in card games. The problem is I dont think this ability would fit this card right. Mainly because the card escaping to some where in my deck doesn't help me at all it might actually even ruin my plans. I say put this ability on another creature with an really high attack and maybe very low hp that would be a nice start.

How about this as an improvement... This card escapes to the bottom of the players deck and generates  :entropy quanta till it's drawn ? That might be a little OP though...

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg379132#msg379132
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 05:34:20 pm »
1. It is way to expensive IMO. It could easily cost 1/2 :entropy.
2. The unupped should generate quanta too.
3. Does it still die? Like, if I cremated it, what would happen?

• Legendary Member
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg379160#msg379160
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 06:48:46 pm »
Well I like the card ability I love playing with cards that has abilities similar to this one in card games. The problem is I dont think this ability would fit this card right. Mainly because the card escaping to some where in my deck doesn't help me at all it might actually even ruin my plans. I say put this ability on another creature with an really high attack and maybe very low hp that would be a nice start.

How about this as an improvement... This card escapes to the bottom of the players deck and generates  :entropy quanta till it's drawn ? That might be a little OP though...
No offense, but you might want to learn a little more about balance and reading the thread before you comment, especially after seeing some of your other comments on some cards. If the Kitsune had a high attack it would also need a higher cost, which would make it terrible for preventing deckout with Eagle's Eye.

You suggested effect basically says "When this card dies it turns into an :entropy pillar." Why not just use a pillar instead?

1 and 2. I think lowering the cost to :entropy :entropy:entropy and giving the unupgraded generation is fair when compared to other quantum generator creatures.
3. It doesn't trigger death effects when escaping because it has Reverse Time casted on it first. Cremating it has the same effect.

Card changed.

Offline Toxx

• Boredd
Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg379179#msg379179
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:11 pm »

No offense, but you might want to learn a little more about balance and reading the thread before you comment, especially after seeing some of your other comments on some cards. If the Kitsune had a high attack it would also need a higher cost, which would make it terrible for preventing deckout with Eagle's Eye.

You suggested effect basically says "When this card dies it turns into an :entropy pillar." Why not just use a pillar instead?

1 and 2. I think lowering the cost to :entropy :entropy:entropy and giving the unupgraded generation is fair when compared to other quantum generator creatures.
3. It doesn't trigger death effects when escaping because it has Reverse Time casted on it first. Cremating it has the same effect.

Card changed.
It would be like an indestructible pillar till you draw the card and it can go with Eagle's Eye preventing deck out strategy. My idea is it generates :entropy quanta while it's alive but when it die's it would still generate :entropy quanta till the card is redrawn.
Also I was suggesting a completely new card with the 'Escapes to some where in your deck ability' because this card also produces entropy quanta and cards like that seem to follow a pattern of having no ability other then producing quanta. Lol noted I will read all threads before I post for now on.

Re: Kitsune Trickster | Kitsune Trickster https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23558.msg379196#msg379196
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 09:01:33 pm »
we talk about eagle eye in a positive way (preventing deck-out), but you're screwed when the oppenent has one and it returns to the top of your deck(even more dangerous when you run couple of them)

anything
blarg: