*Author

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432075#msg432075
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:58 am »
NAME:
Glowworm
ELEMENT:
Earth
COST:
1 :earth
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 1
TEXT:
Generate :light when played.
:life : Grow
Turns into a Firefly.
NAME:
Elite Glowworm
ELEMENT:
Earth
COST:
1 :earth
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 1
TEXT:
Generate :fire when played.
:life : Grow
Turns into an Elite Firefly.
ART:
Art from Elements the Game (better art would be nice)
IDEA:
Xenocidius
NOTES:
Note that the larvae of fireflies are actually called glowworms. And they also glow. See here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glowworm) for more information.

These two have a passive ability which makes them generate a quantum when played. This works whenever they come into play (so when they are hatched or gotten as a mutant they will still generate a quantum).

This promotes some epic synergy between :earth, :air, :life, :light and :fire.
SERIES:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432081#msg432081
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:00 am »
Unless your deck is actually focusing on light or fire, this doesn't do much good for splashing. But the synergy opportunities are still many, though.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Ekki

Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432084#msg432084
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:10 am »
OMFG beware, :air :earth :fire :life :light epic quintet will be the next Grabbix! :P

On a serious note, I like how this card enhances multi-elemental non-rainbow decks, so I like it. Unfortunately, I think EtG is not ready for that. I mean, it would need more varied quanta generation sources for this to be actually useful (like a :earth :fire :air :water "Nova-ish" spell or pillar, to say something)

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432085#msg432085
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:35 am »
I personally feel that this card would be better if it wasn't :earth. :earth, :light, :life, and :fire don't really have much good combination. Besides, why spend 2 quanta for a 3|2 creature when graboid turns into a 8|3 creature for 4 quanta?

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432091#msg432091
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:14:30 am »
It's not about the attack, it's about the quanta mechanics.

This can be combined with Hope, for example, or used to splash :light or :fire into an Earth deck.

Maybe it would be more useful if they generated 2 quanta when played (Generates :light :light when played; Generates :fire :fire when played). Thoughts on this?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432094#msg432094
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:18:49 am »
I think it would be more useful generating 2 when entering play.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432101#msg432101
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:02 am »
Probably overpowered with the double-gen.... We can see the very powerful effects of instant-quanta generators like Nova and Cremation and how much power they give to rushes, I feel this, especially upgraded, would push such rushes over the top. Even as a spell with a 1 :earth cost that produced 2 :fire I might go so far as to call too strong, though with something like this test data is the only real way to evaluate it. The fact that it can then be changed into a creature with a good amount of attack and produce even more quanta seems like it's too strong, in my opinion. If it's going to make 2 quanta on use I think it needs to have 2 cost, but you can raise the stats (Any way you choose) to compensate.

I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432106#msg432106
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 01:35:04 am »
Hmm, I'm seeing two different opinions: one that single-quanta generation is too weak, and one that double-quanta generation is too strong. I'm a bit unsure myself. Any other opinions/evidence to back up all your claims? I'll try asking OldTrees.

In any case, I'll keep it single for now.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432108#msg432108
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:36:27 am »
Hmm, I'm seeing two different opinions: one that single-quanta generation is too weak, and one that double-quanta generation is too strong. I'm a bit unsure myself. So ...

Summon OldTrees!
The 1-quanta generation is just fine, in my opinion, since you can evolve it to make more and more.

On that other note...

Terroking used Sweet Scent!
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432143#msg432143
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 02:55:29 am »
There seems to be a bit of debate on balancing Glowworm | Elite Glowworm (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,34252), notably whether it should generate 1 or 2 quanta when played. Your thoughts on this (and other aspects of the card)?

In a more broad question, what is your opinion on instant quanta generation like this and Nova/Immolation?
2 quanta.

At 1 quanta generated:
Cost: 1 :earth -2|3 damage + 1 :life +1 card-> Creature costing 3 :air|3 :air +1 card*
Cost: ~3 :underworld -2|3 damage +1 card -> Creature costing 3 :air|3 :air +1 card
Cost: ~3 :underworld +Spark +1 card -> Creature costing 3 :air|3 :air +1 card
Cost: ~3 :underworld +2 cards -> Creature costing 3 :air|3 :air +1 card
Cost: ~4 :underworld +1 card -> Creature costing 3 :air|3 :air +1 card [4>3]
*Note: Glowworm generates the quanta when played rather than at the end of the turn. A minor detail.

Trio cards have significantly less versatility than Duo cards. This is why Firefly is a Mono/Duo hybrid rather than a Duo/Trio hybrid like Glowworm.

Instant quanta generation like nova and immolation is a counter to denial. The game would benefit from more denial and antidenial. Glowworm does not fit in that niche.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432402#msg432402
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »
Actually, Elite and Cremation with an earth mark and golems seems a little too effective IMO.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Glowworm | Elite Glowworm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34252.msg432535#msg432535
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:32:46 am »
Actually, Elite and Cremation with an earth mark and golems seems a little too effective IMO.
Why?
-1 :earth +2 :fire compared to photon but cannot be used first turn.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: