*Author

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118569#msg118569
« on: July 19, 2010, 10:19:47 pm »
NAME:
Doppelganger
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2/4
ABILITY:
Doppelganger:  Always copies most recently activated creature skill.  Previous skill is removed.
NAME:
Doppelganger
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3/5
ABILITY:
Doppelganger:  Always copies most recently activated creature skill.  Previous skill is removed.
ART:
http://www.fredmitchell.net/fractals/
IDEA:
plastiqe
NOTES:
Copies whatever was the last activated creature ability, yours or your opponents.  For example, if on your turn you used a Lava Golem's growth ability ability, Doppelganger would have the ability :earth :Growth. 
If your opponent used a Fallen Druid to mutate, then ate something with Otyugh & then created a Firefly with FFQ. on your turn Doppelganger would have the last abiliity that was activated, so it would have :life :life :Queen. 
If you tried to lobo a Doppelganger with an Ulitharid, Doppelganger would have the ability :aether :Lobotomize until another creature ability was played. 
If you used :time :Hatch or :fire :Rebirth you wouldn't have a Doppelganger anymore.
Does not copy weapons in weapon slot or other permanents, only the most recently activated creature ability.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118719#msg118719
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:28:50 am »
Interesting concept...

By 'Activated' creature ability, this doesn't include the automatic triggers from creatures, correct? (Bioluminescence, Vampire, and Venom, for example). What about flying weapons? Can it learn new/multiple abilities each time a different creature skill is activated? What is the ability called, exactly (just doppelganger)? Finally, does its ability also apply to your creature on the field as well? (Meaning, if you played this card and then burrowed a Shrieker before ending your turn, would it just take the burrowed ability)

{Sorry for the questions}

The only cards that this wold be pretty useless on would be creatures such as an Elite Otyugh (who you couldn't eat anyway with the 1|6 stats), or an Arctic Octopus (the Doppelganger would be frozen still). However, it splashes well with other elements almost perfectly (speed rainbow galore!), and it's also designed to the point where the opponent (who's facing one) has to decide the correct order of using his skills, or else...).

I imagine this would also be devastating with Nymph cards, if you had them.  :o

(P.S. - the upgraded card's background looks a little off for some reason. Why is the :entropy mark cost faded? ^^;; )

Arondight

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118731#msg118731
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:35:20 am »
I like this card, it makes Mutants more interesting as well as adding more combinations to pair up with Entropy.

^It means that the upgrade layer was over the quanta layer.

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118753#msg118753
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:00:55 am »
By 'Activated' creature ability, this doesn't include the automatic triggers from creatures, correct? (Bioluminescence, Vampire, and Venom, for example).
Activated creature ability is only the things you click to use... so no, it would never gain any of those examples.

What about flying weapons?
Flying weapons are creatures so yes it could gain for example  :air :air :Sniper if a flying Eagle Eye was used.

Can it learn new/multiple abilities each time a different creature skill is activated?
Yes.

What is the ability called, exactly
'Doppelganger'.  : )

Finally, does its ability also apply to your creature on the field as well?
Yes, so if you had 3 creatures with abilities you could choose which you wanted to use for the Doppelganger.  It still couldn't play any abilities on the turn it comes into play and it could still only use one ability per turn, even if it was learning new abilities in one turn.

Thanks for the feedback Kuro and Aron, & I'll fix the Entropy symbol when I do other touch ups for the card.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118767#msg118767
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:08:22 am »
[snip]

What is the ability called, exactly
'Doppelganger'.  : )

Ah - you should probably put that into the card description then (without quanta marks since it's an automatic triggered active-mimicking ability like scavenger). Other than that though, I'd say that this is one of my most favorite cards for :entropy I've seen so far. It's simple, pairs up well with various cards and the element itself, and the artwork that you've found for it was inspirational. :D

Keep up the good work! ^_^

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg118775#msg118775
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:47 am »
Thanks.  The way I see it, it's not an ability like scavenger because it can't be lobo'ed away, so I figured having what is written on the card is enough.  Question, is there any better way to write out the ability than what I have on the card?
 "Doppelganger automatically copies the last activated creature ability."

Also, should I use the funky A for Doppelgänger?  : P

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg119089#msg119089
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 03:34:35 pm »
Thanks.  The way I see it, it's not an ability like scavenger because it can't be lobo'ed away, so I figured having what is written on the card is enough.  Question, is there any better way to write out the ability than what I have on the card?
 "Doppelganger automatically copies the last activated creature ability."

No need for that weird accented 'a'.  :o Those things look annoying to use.

But here's my idea of what you could do to make it fit onto the card-

Doppelganger:
Always copies the last
activated creature skill.
Previous skill is removed.

...hm... I'm starting to think that Doppelganger should be a PASSIVE skill (like poisonous/airbourne), that allows you to always copy an 'ACTIVE' ability... >.> (this way, the only creature that would have Doppelganger is this creature, even when mutated - and even if it's a mutated Doppelganger, their ability would be replaced anyway by the last activated ability, so it still retains its 'mechanic')

Oh, and P.S. - for the title of this thread, change it to 'Doppelganger | Doppelganger' if you want it to be recognized more. Use '|', not '/'.

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg120419#msg120419
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:25:02 pm »
I didn't.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,8700.0.html

(Don't worry, not complaining.  It's kind of funny though.)

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg120685#msg120685
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 03:37:45 am »
LoL johann

Doppelganger:
Always copies the last
activated creature skill.
or

Doppelganger:
Always copies the most
recently activated creature
skill.

I think 'most recently' sounds better than 'last'.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg120696#msg120696
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 04:01:16 am »
or

Doppelganger:
Always copies the most
recently activated creature
skill.

I think 'most recently' sounds better than 'last'.
That's slightly debatable, but whatever. :P I suppose your description still works (even though according to my little workshop found here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,9851.0.html), I'd always seek ways to ensure that the description would fit in four lines or less). Of course, that's just my personal opinion - the general consensus I believe to be true is that if your description is more than 5 lines with bloated text, something needs to be cut OR your mechanic needs to be simplified as a whole. In Doppelganger's case, it's still simple enough to understand, so... whatever. ^^;

After fixing the description and 'redoing' the layers so that the Entropy mark doesn't look faded, do you want me to provide the link to Kael's Crucible-ready thread? The table and formatting looks ready to go. :)

Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg120737#msg120737
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:54 am »
After fixing the description and 'redoing' the layers so that the Entropy mark doesn't look faded, do you want me to provide the link to Kael's Crucible-ready thread? The table and formatting looks ready to go. :)
Heh believe it or not, despite my noobish errors (title wrong.. couldn't see entropy symbol.. unknowingly copied another cards name) this is not my first card creation.  I actually have one in the forge lol.  Anyways I think I'll wait for the rest of the week before submitting it. 

About the ability being a passive that could probably work, and might be the way to get around losing the ability to Lobo coding wise.  When zanz is ready to add my card directly into the game, I'll let him decide if it should be a passive or not.  : P

Thanks again for all your help Kuro!

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: Doppelganger | Doppelganger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9914.msg125875#msg125875
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:09:25 pm »
Hey, you should probably fix the following in your table.

-Add the Entropy mark ( :entropy) after the 'Cost' number
-Remove the  :entropy from the "Element" section and type out the word, Entropy. As Kael stated once I think...

" :fire means Fire Quanta, not the Element Fire. The Two are not interchangeable."

Once those are done, I believe the Curator would/might move it up the next level.

EDIT: Uh...  :( It also appears that you might need to change the name of Doppelganger (possibly by adding that 'accented' a).

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,8700.0.html

anything
blarg: