*Author

Offline moomooseTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432605#msg432605
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 02:14:49 am »
Well, in either case, a question would be "does momentum bypass this"? Its functioning as a defensive weapon, but momentum technically bypasses "shield effects" which wouldn't apply to this.

Also, for Riposte damage, does this get dealt to the offending attacker, or always to the elemental that owns the attacking weapon/creature? Put simply, if this Riposte triggers on a Frog, does the Frog die?
good points, honestly i hadnt thought of the first question, and i guess technically even something with momentum could be deflected by this- it isnt so much as stopping the attack as it is redirecting it out of the way, and as you said- this is a weapon, not a shield.  the second i had thought of, but couldnt really make a decision on.  either it is a CC (attacks creature) or a atk buff (additive damage), both of which i think are pretty neat, so either way works for me.

"Why should the riposte do less damage than its regular attack? I do like the idea."

just as a balancing mechanism, really.  while making the card i had tried out making both either 3 or 5, but it just didnt feel right, i decided that a split in the number isnt such a big deal.
moose dont say moo.

Ekki

Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432608#msg432608
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 02:20:17 am »
Well, in either case, a question would be "does momentum bypass this"? Its functioning as a defensive weapon, but momentum technically bypasses "shield effects" which wouldn't apply to this.

Also, for Riposte damage, does this get dealt to the offending attacker, or always to the elemental that owns the attacking weapon/creature? Put simply, if this Riposte triggers on a Frog, does the Frog die?
good points, honestly i hadnt thought of the first question, and i guess technically even something with momentum could be deflected by this- it isnt so much as stopping the attack as it is redirecting it out of the way, and as you said- this is a weapon, not a shield.
Still, thematically, Momentum makes creatures Unstoppable* (see upgraded card). This card would then be stopping an unstoppable creature... I think it shouldn't block them.
*I know it still says momentum in the card, but the whole idea is that momentum'd creatures are unstoppable. This would be able to kill a momentum'd quint'd creature, for example, and I think that shouldn't happen.

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432619#msg432619
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 02:28:50 am »
hmm, see your point, and i am not a fan of "one upping", if this card was put into the game (considering im Ofer, this isn't a concern), a slight rewording of momentum to "defensive effects" instead of "shield effects" would cover it.  and come to think of it, does momentum ignore a creature with gravity pull in game currently?
moose dont say moo.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432620#msg432620
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 02:29:42 am »
hmm, see your point, and i am not a fan of "one upping", if this card was put into the game (considering im Ofer, this isn't a concern), a slight rewording of momentum to "defensive effects" instead of "shield effects" would cover it.  and come to think of it, does momentum ignore a creature with gravity pull in game currently?
Yes.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Ekki

Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432623#msg432623
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:32:04 am »
hmm, see your point, and i am not a fan of "one upping", if this card was put into the game (considering im Ofer, this isn't a concern), a slight rewording of momentum to "defensive effects" instead of "shield effects" would cover it.
Yeah, you're right... As it is now, this could block them.

Also,
and come to think of it, does momentum ignore a creature with gravity pull in game currently?
Yes.
Ninja'd

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432625#msg432625
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:37 am »
so we already have one example of momentum ignoring a non-shield defensive effect, i wouldnt have an issue with momentum ignoring this as well.  but a rewording of momentum itself may clear that up better than any change to this card could.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Anarook

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Spends more time forum trolling than ingame.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432643#msg432643
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:59 am »
When did this thing start attacking creatures? I thought it attacked the opponent?
Join us as we work to rebuild the CIA section of the forums and work together to improve ETG.
http://sync.in/CCC

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg432655#msg432655
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 04:22:39 am »
it was never explicitly stated, either one could work thematically and honestly either would be fine.
moose dont say moo.

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Dancing Blade | Dancing Blade https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34250.msg433718#msg433718
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 03:54:32 am »
i guess i can see the point of having this card instead completely destroy weapons and/or shields now, the only question is- is that too powerful for a card to perma-lockdown the weapon and/or shield slot of the opponent?
moose dont say moo.

blarg: