*Author

fede91

Re: Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423195#msg423195
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:25 am »
The time seems still a bit OP.
night pact can be really stupid.. If you fractal a death or darkness creature every copy will give +1/+1 to every other.
Thanks!  I agree with you about night pact, I will modify it. Why do you think chronos pact is still OP? Also with modifies (lasts 4 turns)?
and if night pact drains all  :darkness quanta? you have to play a death creature, and you have to have a tricolor deck..

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423196#msg423196
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:51 am »
Yeah it seems a good nerf to it. Moreover it make the fractal death scorpion deck maybe viable but anyway very funny :p
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

fede91

Re: Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423197#msg423197
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:48 am »
Becuase if your opponent have say 3/4 creature on the field just playing the pact and a fractal or just creatures from your hand will totally kill your opponent
if it lasts 3 turns?

fede91

Re: Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423198#msg423198
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:34 am »
Yeah it seems a good nerf to it. Moreover it make the fractal death scorpion deck maybe viable but anyway very funny :p
So with this modify it can be playable? I will modify it!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423200#msg423200
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 10:20:04 am »
Yes I don't see any way to abuse it too much. but it maybe still little OP in a devtal deck for example just think about pact then gaining lets say 10 darkness quanta from devs or pend then fractal play 5 devs and give +5/+5 to all your creature..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

fede91

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423292#msg423292
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:37:36 pm »
Pact modified! Is it ok?

Ekki

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423369#msg423369
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 08:46:43 pm »
Huh, I don't want to be the jerk here, but please stay on-topic... If you want to discuss other pacts, go to that pacts' threads, please, I really want to discuss this card, and I'm lost in your conversations :-\

I'dd say the upgraded version is a bit expensive on  :entropy
actually the ammount of :entropy required is quit resonable comppaired to the effect of the card
True, and remember that  :entropy can summon Micro Abominations and Lycanthropes/Werewolves for a quite low cost... So this is like a lot of Chaos Seed/Chaos Power. Anyways, it may be too slow, and the targetting system... IDK if it can be implemented, nor I understand how you mean it to work. I guess you mean it's as you have just clicked the Chaos Seed/Chaos Power card, so you have the "cancel" button there, but you should explain it better.
PS: it needs something to do when it stacks, maybe even make it stackable, since it's not cheap at all...
Yes, ability activation is like you have just played chaos seed (power). Aslo in Chronos pact and Arctic pact is the same. I think that pacts cannot be stackable, because there will be problems with implementation: you cannot activate more than one spell (in this case chaos seed) at the same time. UP version could cost  6 :entropy , I think.
Huh, true (why didn't I think of it)... Well, as far as I see it, I think this has the same problem as many other cards ideas: It is OP with Fractal. Yes, it's too darn common, and IDK why I forgot it, but it's a common broken mechanic. This way you can fractal RoL's or Sparks to get an invincible army, or to kill all of your opponent's creatures.
I would like to discuss how other pacts work, and how most of them get easily broken* with Fractal, so I recommend you to make a "Series" thread, where we could discuss every single pact at the same time.
*with broken I mean a mechanic that is OP along with one other card, while being UP without that same card. Any direct buff/nerf to the card will just lead to making one of the two imbalanced, so it needs a mechanics change.

zerokooelr91

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423370#msg423370
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 08:57:58 pm »
The four turn duration reduce the possibility of multiple fractal. A possible ulterior modification is to add a mana drain each time ability gets activeted. This prevent an early winning condition. Me and the other boy will talk on that tomorrow (I'm the second ideator Pact's). Probably reduce duration to 3 turns will be a great things, and, maybe add the quanta consume, or even more, make the quanta consume exponential, (first creature 1, second 2, third 4 and so on, per turn) More brainstorming is needed! We haven't yet opened the series page, but you could found the links in the tabel ;)

Ekki

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423380#msg423380
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 09:19:47 pm »
The four turn duration reduce the possibility of multiple fractal. A possible ulterior modification is to add a mana drain each time ability gets activeted. This prevent an early winning condition. Me and the other boy will talk on that tomorrow (I'm the second ideator Pact's). Probably reduce duration to 3 turns will be a great things, and, maybe add the quanta consume, or even more, make the quanta consume exponential, (first creature 1, second 2, third 4 and so on, per turn) More brainstorming is needed! We haven't yet opened the series page, but you could found the links in the tabel ;)
Ok, but the time limit is just the kind of limitation that doesn't help a broken mechanic (it sounds bad, but ideas that are broken with Fractal are really not that bad, and some of them are so good, it's a pity Fractal breaks them...)
However, the quanta consuming thing sounds better, and is a really good idea ;D now you got to be careful when playing a pact, since you could be losing extra quanta every time you play a creature... Maybe make it consume 1  :entropy (for Chaos Pact) every time a creature is played, but if you don't have enough, the pact is destroyed. So it would work pretty much as a pact, when you give something in exchange for something else...

zerokooelr91

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423407#msg423407
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 10:45:16 pm »
Ok, but the time limit is just the kind of limitation that doesn't help a broken mechanic (it sounds bad, but ideas that are broken with Fractal are really not that bad, and some of them are so good, it's a pity Fractal breaks them...)
However, the quanta consuming thing sounds better, and is a really good idea ;D now you got to be careful when playing a pact, since you could be losing extra quanta every time you play a creature... Maybe make it consume 1  :entropy (for Chaos Pact) every time a creature is played, but if you don't have enough, the pact is destroyed. So it would work pretty much as a pact, when you give something in exchange for something else...
Exactly what I thought. Main problem now is space on the card, for the text...XD

Ekki

Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423545#msg423545
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 03:47:49 am »
Exactly what I thought. Main problem now is space on the card, for the text...XD
Lemme try: "Whenever a creature is played, consume 1 (elemental quanta, for example,  :entropy ) and cast (elemental spell). (Name of the permanent) is destroyed if there isn't enough quanta". The last part can be omitted, since you could add it to the notes, or it may need to be rephrased... Anyways, it isn't thaaat long, I guess you can make it ;D

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Chaos pact | Chaos pact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33526.msg423602#msg423602
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 06:40:13 am »
Fractal does make balancing these cards more difficult. However it is still possible.

Problem:
Fractal triggers pacts more often than non fractal methods.
Solution:
Make the effect triggered less useful to fractal decks than it is to non fractal decks.

The quanta absorption per creature played is a rather inelegant solution but it works. A more elegant solution would be preferred.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: