*Author

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115487#msg115487
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »
N/M.  Antagon is a straight up ninja.  If we do decide to suicide, your deck looks perfect.

The duo lightning deck did well against grabby/RT, poorly against discords and devourers.

I wonder if we can make something now that we have 10 fire pillars at our disposal.  Anybody have an ideas that stand a good chance at beating those three earth decks?  I'll keep tinkering.

Edit: With luck, this might be better against the EQ/devourer deck:

Code: [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 591 591 592 592 595 595 595 595 595 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f3 5f3 5f3 5f3 5f6 5f7 5fbThoughts?  Is this a lost cause?

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115729#msg115729
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 02:21:33 am »
That looks terrible, kevkev.  One PA only covers one stack of pillars, so you're still EQ vulnerable.

Talking to plastiqe has shaken my thoughts on whether to suicide:

[07:14:13 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: I've been thinking and thinking about your earth match
[07:14:21 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: and... I dunno
[07:14:37 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: it's risky to go for the win... but it'd be glorious! lol
[07:15:17 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: like, earth has to fight 3 other masters.. so they might send their best decks against them
[07:15:39 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: terro has had to fight suicide decks a lot so he might expect that and use a weak deck himself
[07:16:13 PM] kevkev60614 [»] plastiqe: i tend to think the opposite. they'll definitely wanna pick up the "easy" win, especially against the #2 team.
[07:16:22 PM] kevkev60614 [»] plastiqe: but that last stmt is true...
[07:16:35 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: against Time and Light they can pin down what they are up against so it's easier to predict, with us they still think we have..
[07:16:41 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: fire bolts and immolations
[07:18:03 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: as far as I've seen (and I been reading their old matches) earth hasn't done a suicide deck yet
[07:18:20 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: but they are 2/4 and 3/3 in the last two rounds, gotta be hurting for viable decks
[07:19:18 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: so it's almost certain they'll send a suicide this round... maybe a semi-suicide against us because they expect us to do same
[07:19:42 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: of course I could be dead wrong and you get crushed lol
[07:23:36 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: another thing.. IF we win against death and IF we win against entropy
[07:23:50 PM] plastiqe [»] kevkev60614: it would be nice to still have all our death and entropy cards leftover
[07:24:56 PM] kevkev60614 [»] plastiqe: excellent point.

Some good thoughts there by plastiqe.  To compound it, I'm pretty sure Terro was prodding both plastiqe and I, seven hours apart, to find out whether we'd be sending a suicide deck against him.  He seems to think we will.  Outwardly, anyway.  The idea of him sending a semi-suicide, expecting a suicide from us, is not that farfetched.  If I was Terro, sitting on over 100 non-earth cards, I'd be using suicide decks and waiting for other elements to kill each other.

I dunno.  It's still down to the suicide deckor the duo aether deck.  I'm completely split, so I leave it to Antagon and the rest of the team.

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115731#msg115731
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 02:23:49 am »
lol you can't pass the buck to us.. if it was up to you what would you do?

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115733#msg115733
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 02:25:50 am »
lol you can't pass the buck to us.. if it was up to you what would you do?
Yes. It's you that are going to fight against terro, not us. The decision is totally up to you.

Don't listen to us. We're evil.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Ungrounded
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115752#msg115752
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 02:47:35 am »
For suiciding:
He beat us last round with the discord deck, which I cannot beat.
I'm an easier win than the other earth matchups.
We're currently #2.

Against suiciding:
He seems to suspect we'd play a suicide.
Earth may be concentrating efforts on the elements with one foot in the grave, leaving a weaker deck to play us.
Less versatility in future rounds, especially if we beat entropy and death.
Gonna have to play earth eventually.

Basically it comes down to whether Terro picks the devourer or discord decks.  If he doesn't, I stand a chance.

Meh.  Antagon has left deck decisions to individual players for the most part, but this isn't really a deck decision, so I really do think it should be up to him.  If it were my decision alone... I'd... I dunno... I guess... play.

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115789#msg115789
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 03:37:04 am »
Just to be clear, did you say you'd be playing the Aether Spirits or the Earth version?  I'd surmise that the Aether is a stonger deck.. that is if Ant lets you have it.  And ya Antagon is our leader and he gets the final say.

I for one welcome our new Fire Master overlords.  : P

Offline AntagonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg115967#msg115967
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 09:58:42 am »
im sorry for letting (again, girlsgeneration was the first "victim") a teammate play a suicide (in this case semi-suicide) deck, but i have strong reasons, not to exspect a suicide/semi-suicide from terro and i also think chances are good for the flying-weapon deck AND for the devourer-deck.

1.) they dont exspect immos or bolts, they know exactly what we lost. (got this info from terro himself, when we talked about last rounds matches, he said exactly the round, when we lost our 2nd set of immolations)
2.) they already saw 3 "working, good" decks: fractal phoenix (for me), the graboid rainbow, and the lightning deck from last round. => also if we would decide to play this deck again against entropy, they even exspect a stronger deck (the graboid deck), so, IF they go suicide (and, if i would have to go suicide, i would choose time or light, in their case), we still can win with this deck, if not, we are definitly lost (never get more than 50%, no matter which deck theyll choose)
3.) it maybe causes underestimation next round, where we still could come up with real strong duo-decks (earth or aether), maybe with more aether pillars (from entropy salvage and maybe more salvages - like phase shields - from death) and crush them. if we suicide now 1/3, and win the other 2 matchups, to come up next round with 3 "real" decks could be a surprise.

IF you really think, kev, you figured out a deck with more than 50% chance at overall against earth, POST it here and exchange it with your deck - here is the PERMISSION (im not on short before timer runs out, so sg could change it for you, or a warmaster, i know this was done before and im pretty sure, that shouldnt be a problem), if not, here is my "sorry".

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Ungrounded
Re: Round 7 - Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.msg116584#msg116584
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 03:42:30 am »
Please don't play the RT deck.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

blarg: