*Author

Offline brettbstock

• Reputation Power: 3
  • brettbstock is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Rule 76 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13625.msg212857#msg212857
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 09:58:24 pm »
Taking multiple losses among the matches they actually played couldn't have possibly been part of their plan. I suspect their strategy is still workable, but I imagine they were hoping to just suicide out 4 players, not lose 2 more. If they could go 5-4 total with the 4 losses being intentional discards, then they would have a very strong vault for the size it would be, and still a workable size. Going 3-6 may not have been their plan. People might be able to plan for them and start beating down the decks they have left.
Is it possible that they've built their vault for mainly suicides, with a few good decks thrown in? That way, they could rely on Master and Leutenant's upped cards to keep them in, and slowy rebuild their vault. While that's going on, they wouldn't take nearly as many losses, because

1. They would have less people playing per round

2. 2/3 people playing will be using upped cards, wich further decreases the chance of a loss.

They'd probably expect other teams to say 'Hey, their vault is about half the size of ours. They can't make good decks. We'll use one of our junkier ones and take them down.'

When they take the win, they'd be rebuilding their vault from scratch, while other teams are slowly losing cards. Since the discard for the first few rounds was low, they could play without too much risk.

Of course, I've said this without even checking the vault to see if they've been on a winning streak lately, but that's my bit on the subject.

blarg: