*Author

Offline WizardcatTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg243884#msg243884
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:16:24 pm »
Hecate

Code: [Select]
7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7th 7th 7th 7t9 7t9 7ta 7t8
I think the AI can effectively play this deck and I'd really like there to be an FG based on Voodoo.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Comments?

Edit: The AI can play this deck, so huzzah.

When playing against Hecate in the trainer, I noticed it tended to get full hands and with the help of Precog, found the problem to be either clogging due to Nightmare or not enough Towers. With some experimentation, I found the AI only uses Nightmare when your hand is fairly empty. Thus, you're only likely to see about one Nightmare per game. (And if not, that means you're playing the Dolls, so less Nightmares is better there, too.) So, lowering the amount of Nightmares in the deck improves the quality.

I suggest replacing two (four) of the Nightmares with another (two) Tower(s) and another (two) Eclipse(s). Eclipse gives use to the unmodified Dolls when a lot are played, and the extra attack and HP improve Liquid Shadow by increasing the amount of stolen health, and the lifespan of the doll.

The deck with the suggested changes looks like this:

7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7th 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7t8
The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg244424#msg244424
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:38 am »
-4 Liquid Shadow
+3 Dark Nymph.

FTW.

Good concept, though. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

• Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Re: Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg246326#msg246326
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:32 am »
While I appreciate the feedback, what I've seen of AI-controlled Black Nymphs is that they have an astonishing tendency to target themselves with their ability, which kinda defeats the purpose of using them instead of the spell.

Again, thanks, anyway.

Bloodyfrenzy

Re: Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg246431#msg246431
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:58:37 am »
great deck only problem is, is the AI smart enough to target its won voodoo dolls with the rage elixers?

• Psychic-Type
Re: Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg246808#msg246808
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:57:56 pm »
One of the AI3 decks uses the combo, so it would appear so.

• Psychic-Type
Re: Theme: Dark Ages - Hecate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19163.msg267136#msg267136
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »
Apologies for the double post.

The AI can play this deck, so huzzah.

When playing against Hecate in the trainer, I noticed it tended to get full hands and with the help of Precog, found the problem to be either clogging due to Nightmare or not enough Towers. With some experimentation, I found the AI only uses Nightmare when your hand is fairly empty. Thus, you're only likely to see about one Nightmare per game. (And if not, that means you're playing the Dolls, so less Nightmares is better there, too.) So, lowering the amount of Nightmares in the deck improves the quality.

I replaced two (four) of the Nightmares with another (two) Tower(s) and another (two) Eclipse(s). Eclipse gives use to the unmodified Dolls when a lot are played, and the extra attack and HP improve Liquid Shadow by increasing the amount of stolen health, and the lifespan of the doll.

The changed deck looks like this:

7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7th 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7t8

blarg: