*Author

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: turns to win study 3.0 (version 1.27) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17173.msg462504#msg462504
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:56 am »
The turns to win study was my baby for most of the time.  I was curious way back when what deck of my mine was the fastest.  From here it mushroomed into something much greater than it was intended to.  Its still relevant, but it just takes too much time for most people to perform tests.

Using the basic ttw methodology the collective community was able to greatly improve the speed an efficiency of decks.  They were tested versus AI3 as it provided a good 'dummy AI'.  People later used these results to score grind.  If I had time, I'd love to continue the ttw study, but honestly I do not now that I have a job and the whole testing thing burned me out twice already.

Hopefully someone will keep up with deck statistics, if not in this exact format.

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: turns to win study 3.0 (version 1.27) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17173.msg463733#msg463733
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »
are you still testing decks? if so, does someone wants to test this one?

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 6u1 6u1 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77g 77g 7dm 7dm 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 8ps

i am curious about the speed of it, if it can reach the same speed of those tested

silinda

Re: turns to win study 3.0 (version 1.27) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17173.msg474732#msg474732
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2012, 12:20:56 pm »
As stated a little bit ago, this thread is almost an archive type thread.

It did a great job back in the day of showing the fastest way to grind AI3 but since that isn't really needed anymore with silver being just about as challenging and a lot more rewarding (plus with special spins), the fastest decks tend to need a little tweaking for arena to meet certain blocks, such as phase shield or pest spam. Other then that, they can hold their own with a decent starting draw against most other speed decks.

If you're still aiming to test it against AI3, go for it, but even AI3 has changed a bit too to offer new challenges, the rewards just aren't quite up there compared to silver though and rare farming wise, even bronze offers a better return on time (but not coin or score).

you might even get better rewards out of winning 1 in 10 plat games with a rush deck. I've tried them in plat but tend to get blocked by a SoSac deck more often then not.

to answer a few general questions about your specific deck, it can be a fairly fast but the nova/WW tends to get stuck in there though the precog does help a bit and the gnomes do push out a bit of earth quantra but not enough unless you luck out a bit. Part of that is due to the order of the nova and the mulligan competing with cremations and novas. if you were going to go with this deck, it does need a little swapping to either a full speed deck, maybe even mono time without the WW/explosions

et1296

Re: turns to win study 3.0 (version 1.27) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17173.msg475269#msg475269
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2012, 02:59:41 am »
schouldn't we be focusing on unupped decks since when ur farming ai3 is before u can upp cards  :P

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: turns to win study 3.0 (version 1.27) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17173.msg475656#msg475656
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 01:20:53 am »
schouldn't we be focusing on unupped decks since when ur farming ai3 is before u can upp cards  :P
My whole idea was simply to find the fastest decks...AI3 just happenes to be the best mechanism for completing this task.

blarg: Poker Alho