*Author

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1088715#msg1088715
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »
Pella hasn't answered yet. :/ Maybe she's offline?

Pella is male and the little white box by the username indicates offline (green box indicates online).  It has only been a couple days and I'm not sure you'll get a PM response, but rather the stats will just be included in the study/stats.

Lastly, I don't think this is a valid situation for a double post.  Instead, use the "Modify" function in the top right area of your prior post and put your additional text as an addendum to your previous post.  (Forum users nod "thanks", Submachine.)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1088881#msg1088881
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »
Question about a small detail of the calculation:

Does the formula in the spreadsheet use an average spin-chance for all FG opponents, or does it use the specific chance per FG ?

They do differ in a range of ~30%-56% and since some decks work better against some FGs while different decks will favor different FGs, it would make sense to use the specific numbers rather than an overall average for more accurate evaluation of deck performance.

There is an old thread about the specific win-rates:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20376.msg420980.html

I guess, I could check in the spreadsheet, but its easier to ask -- sorry for my laziness  :-[
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1088894#msg1088894
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 04:52:54 pm »
Question about a small detail of the calculation:

Does the formula in the spreadsheet use an average spin-chance for all FG opponents, or does it use the specific chance per FG ?

They do differ in a range of ~30%-56% and since some decks work better against some FGs while different decks will favor different FGs, it would make sense to use the specific numbers rather than an overall average for more accurate evaluation of deck performance.

There is an old thread about the specific win-rates:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20376.msg420980.html

I guess, I could check in the spreadsheet, but its easier to ask -- sorry for my laziness  :-[

Per discussion in the UEI thread, the current GDoc FGEI spreadsheet uses an average. I suggested in UEI that the FGEI GDoc spreadsheet be converted to use actual spin rates. I don't believe this has been done yet (or at least, if it has, I haven't seen it mentioned that it's been done yet).

TBH I would consider any result of the GDoc spreadsheet to be a work in progress right now. There are other assumptions that have changed for the GDoc spreadsheet from what has traditionally been used in FGEI.

edit: To clarify, I think some of the changed assumptions are good changes, but they are different than what FGEI has meant in the past.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:02:05 pm by ColorlessGreen »

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1088978#msg1088978
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 02:38:55 am »
I know the number of cards being won is added in, it is possible to use those values to calculate spin chance and it is sort of already included if you have enough tests; however, if the numbers are already calculated than I would suggest that is used if it's not already.  (I don't know if it is or isn't)

Offline ColorlessGreen

• ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1088979#msg1088979
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 02:44:14 am »
Spin chance (both average and individual) is known. The GDoc spreadsheet (as of last time I heard anything about it) was using average spin chance rather than individual spin chance. It's not a big deal overall but using average instead of individual means that a hypothetical deck that beats divine glory 90% of the time and rainbow 10% of the time is more profitable than another hypothetical deck which beats rainbow 90% of the time and divine glory 10% of the time but is otherwise identical.

In real world situations, it makes a tiny difference in total money but doesn't really tend to change the rankings much if at all. It would still be better to use the individual chances rather than the average chance, though, since IMO pretty much anything that improves accuracy is worth doing. Previous FGEI-calculating spreadsheets have used individual chances.

Offline Keeps

• New to Elements
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089038#msg1089038
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 03:40:06 pm »
Yea, I think this time around it might though, last i looked at the spread sheet.  We have 3 top contenders...  although two are showing 'new' and one 'unconfirmed'
They are all mid to high 8ks.  A 10% or 20% change could make a difference especially in voodoo's cases versus the other two.  Since voodoo has a more mixed win loss ratio versus malignant and pdials have specific FGs. 

Offline ColorlessGreen

Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089040#msg1089040
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 03:48:37 pm »
A 10% or 20% change could make a difference especially in voodoo's cases versus the other two. 

A 10-20% change would be huge. I'm pretty much just speculating here but I'd honestly be surprised if we even hit a full 1% change on average, though I guess I could see certain individual decks getting more like 2%.

To repeat, though, still very much worth doing. (Particularly since now I'm curious about how much it'd actually change the results.)

edit: Welp, turns out I was wrong. I just did a quick test using the data for PDials-32. The average amount of money won (from spins only) for one game against every FG using average spin chances was 7834.76, and the average amount of money for one game against every FG using actual spin chances was 7008.67. Note that this is the most exaggerated this is going to get (as it's not factoring in anything but spin chances, and 29 games is a good bit more than an hour with pdials in almost all cases), but it's still IMO proof that it's significant (and probably in the 5-7% range I'd guess for actual change to FGEI). So, yeah, please fix this.

Test details:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Win/Loss/Skip totals pulled from GDoc; win rate per FG calculated.
Average profit per game per FG calculated as 1177 * WR * Spin Chance. 1177 was noted by Pella as the value used for an upped card during discussion in the UEI thread.
Spin chance = 45.66% for average. Noted by Pella as value used during discussion in UEI thread.
Spin chance = taken from here for actuals.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:07:41 pm by ColorlessGreen »

Offline Keeps

• New to Elements
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089044#msg1089044
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »
While we are on the topic
Do you know if it's subtracting out the cost of the loss?

Offline ColorlessGreen

Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089046#msg1089046
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »
While we are on the topic
Do you know if it's subtracting out the cost of the loss?

I haven't audited the GDoc but I'm almost certain it is because the results from the GDoc aren't very far off of results from previous known-functional tests.

Also, I still think someone (who isn't me) should just pull the raw data from the GDoc and plug it into statmasta and compare.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089048#msg1089048
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »
Pella himself said that it uses the same exact formulas from the Statmasta, hopefully it should give the same results.

Offline ColorlessGreen

Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089050#msg1089050
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2013, 04:44:33 pm »
Pella himself said that it uses the same exact formulas from the Statmasta, hopefully it should give the same results.

Where did he say that? Cause he said in the UEI thread (see this post, including quoted materials) that he was using average spin chances instead of individual spin chances, that he was using a different average spin chance which he self-calculated, and that he was using a different upped card sell value which he self-calculated, and a self-decided skip time (which IIRC is different but I haven't double-checked).

If the results of both the GDoc and StatMasta matched exactly given the same input data, I'd be quite happy.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
Re: The Return of FGei https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49887.msg1089051#msg1089051
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2013, 04:49:30 pm »
Sorry, I got it wrong, he was talking about another matter in the post I remembered.

anything
blarg: