*Author

Wuff

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1453#msg1453
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Well ... this is the most interesting and difficult deck I've ever played - and it is great (far more interesting than Necropotence and 4cCrap - yeah I'm an old school M:tG pro tour player)
Don't play it while you are not completly sober - I just got a serious beating. ;)

Thank you Scaredgirl for this great combination of cards.
Just some thoughts and questions ...

I'm still somewhat of a noob - what should I upgrade after the Hourglasses?
Does it help if half of your pillars are towers against Seismic?
Using Lobotomizer and Miracle what would you suggest to replace Mindflayer, or what would be the best counter against Miracle spam (lost because I drew to many cards - or is it just my lacking play experience?) - These stupid gods don't lose when they are forced to draw nonexistent cards, lost against Rainbow when he had a card counter of -1 ... -.-
Fallen Elf does not seem to help much, any better ideas?

Even when I'm at the top of my game my win ratio is currently <30%, but I have the feeling it is mostly a routine(playing for 5 days now)/upgrade thing.

edit: my first game with your deck = 123 coins, 3 upgraded cards! :)

Scaredgirl

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1454#msg1454
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Well ... this is the most interesting and difficult deck I've ever played - and it is great (far more interesting than Necropotence and 4cCrap - yeah I'm an old school M:tG pro tour player)
Don't play it while you are not completly sober - I just got a serious beating. ;)

Thank you Scaredgirl for this great combination of cards.
Just some thoughts and questions ...

I'm still somewhat of a noob - what should I upgrade after the Hourglasses?
Does it help if half of your pillars are towers against Seismic?
Using Lobotomizer and Miracle what would you suggest to replace Mindflayer, or what would be the best counter against Miracle spam (lost because I drew to many cards - or is it just my lacking play experience?) - These stupid gods don't lose when they are forced to draw nonexistent cards, lost against Rainbow when he had a card counter of -1 ... -.-
Fallen Elf does not seem to help much, any better ideas?

Even when I'm at the top of my game my win ratio is currently <30%, but I have the feeling it is mostly a routine(playing for 5 days now)/upgrade thing.

edit: my first game with your deck = 123 coins, 3 upgraded cards! :)

Gratz for winning 3 cards. That also happened to me once. It's pretty cool when it happens:)

After Hourglasses I would (and did) upgrade Otyughs. They are so much better with 5 HP. I also like my Mind Flayer updated early because with 4 HP he survives better against Rain of Fire, poison, etc. Then I would upgrade all the Pillars which unfortunately is a long process. Also upgrading Firefly Queens and Graveyard adds nicely to your overall damage.

Seismic and his Earthquake spamming has killed me many times. Having only some of the Pillars upgraded sure would help against him but it would be a disadvantage against other Gods. I don't know.. Last night I tried a strategy where at the beginning even when my starting hand had multiple Towers, I only played one at a time, letting him use up all his Earthquakes. It seemed to go well but I still ended up losing because of a bad draw.

Miracle spam is really annoying. Most important thing when fighting Miracle is to stop drawing multiple cards very early. Also if you have Lava Destroyer and get it early on the table, Miracle spam is not a problem. Fallen Elf is also a good anti-Miracle character.

You loss against Rainbow.. his deck can go to -1 but guess what? Next turn you would have won :) I have 2 ways of beating Rainbow. Either I get a good start and just hammer him down, or I go all defense and wait for him to run out of cards. He will run out of cards every time if he has many Hourglasses on the table (don't steal them!)

Fallen Elf is great in some situations while useless in other. What I like about it is that it can be used in both offense and defense. Upgrade your skeleton to get all kinds of fun characters with skills you can use (you have a rainbow deck after all). Or if your opponent has some nasty characters on the table just mutate them. This works better against non-rainbow deck False Gods who don't have all the quantums. I've had a situation where I mutated a nasty character to even more nasty character which ended up me losing the game.

You might want to try a version of the original deck where you remove all the Novas and take one Pillar instead. It just might improve you winning percentage. Good luck.

Scaredgirl

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1455#msg1455
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Lol I just died from fighting Fire Queen XD I had used up all of my steals to take 3 Feral Bonds, and then it was my full field army against her full firefly/Queen army. I got a Bome wall with a 50-odd something power and then it was all downhill from there. I lost because, even with 4 Bonds, she had a 51-attack Fareighnheit. (spelling?)
Don't steal Feral Bonds. It's useless because she has so many. Instead steal 1 Green Pillar to get more green quantum. And steal her weapon to limit her damage.

Wait until you have at least 2 Otyugh/Mind Flayer on the table AND hopefully Boneyard. Then Use Rain of Fire to kill all Fireflies and use Otyugh/Mind Flayer/Eagle's Eye against remaining Firefly Queens. This will clear her table of all characters and her Feral Bonds won't heal her.

Tobriand

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1456#msg1456
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Heheh... interesting deck... I'm running one that's kinda similar, so I haven't adopted it (since mine is working fairly well, and will probably get closer to yours organically anyway). The stats though are really REALLY useful... This deck and mine are similar enough that the stats give me a good idea when to just throw in the towel, and when to press on :)

For those as are interested, the main difference between my deck and Scarygirl's is that I have a LOT more creatures, haven't bothered with steal (but do have som PUs), and I've duped a few of the control cards. And I've some more pillars, which is always useful...

Scaredgirl

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1457#msg1457
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Heheh... interesting deck... I'm running one that's kinda similar, so I haven't adopted it (since mine is working fairly well, and will probably get closer to yours organically anyway). The stats though are really REALLY useful... This deck and mine are similar enough that the stats give me a good idea when to just throw in the towel, and when to press on :)

For those as are interested, the main difference between my deck and Scarygirl's is that I have a LOT more creatures, haven't bothered with steal (but do have som PUs), and I've duped a few of the control cards. And I've some more pillars, which is always useful...
Adding more Pillars isn't always useful :) Deck building is all math, and at some point you will have too many Pillars. Sure it's fun to get a lot of them early on but what happens when you draw all Pillars in mid-game when you really need a Phase Shield? That's right, you die. Also more pillars means bigger deck which makes it too luck dependent.

With my deck I've been getting the best results with 18 Pillars. And also dropping those Novas seemed to help a lot. My main reason for adding them was that I like the sound it makes :)

I don't know your deck but I really suggest you reconsider Steal. It's one of the key cards in defeating most False Gods. Many of them have weapons and shields that can be used against them both offensively and defensively. For example if you steal Gravions shield, his goons do zero damage to you (unless they have momentum).

jrc4ever

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1458#msg1458
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

@scaredgirl...

can you post your current deck?

thx

Scaredgirl

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1459#msg1459
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

@scaredgirl...

can you post your current deck?

thx
Right now I'm playing a version where I dropped all the Supernovas and instead took 1 more Quantum Tower and 1 Fallen Elf. So the total number of cards is 50. I like this smaller deck better because I have a better chance of getting Sundial at the right moment.

Tobriand

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg1460#msg1460
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

Adding more Pillars isn't always useful :) Deck building is all math, and at some point you will have too many Pillars. Sure it's fun to get a lot of them early on but what happens when you draw all Pillars in mid-game when you really need a Phase Shield? That's right, you die. Also more pillars means bigger deck which makes it too luck dependent.

With my deck I've been getting the best results with 18 Pillars. And also dropping those Novas seemed to help a lot. My main reason for adding them was that I like the sound it makes :)

I don't know your deck but I really suggest you reconsider Steal. It's one of the key cards in defeating most False Gods. Many of them have weapons and shields that can be used against them both offensively and defensively. For example if you steal Gravions shield, his goons do zero damage to you (unless they have momentum).
Hmm... Definitely agree there, but the difference is only about 4 pillars, and seeing as I'm running 60 cards, proportionally that's something like a 1-pillar difference. The way my deck works mostly relies on having my own shields, rather than stealing those of my enemy - so steal is less necessary, since I almost always have either a bone shield or a dimension shield available... it's just getting the mana to cast them that causes problems, hence the extra pillars.

That said, my deck is nothing like as successful as yours is, I think. I've yet to win once against Scorpio, Seism, or Rainbow, for instance. I'm hoping that once I'm a little more upgraded, I'll be able to tune it to deal with them a bit better (probably by using towers rather than pillars, mostly). It is one of those decks, though, that IF it wins against a false God, it'll either have a mastery, or be one or two HP off (if I miss my miracles or had to use them earlier in the battle, then I'm reliant on empathic/feral bond to help out, and that means I'm also reliant on not having the god down on 1 hp, since once they hit 0 EB stops working). The result is that I'm now able to completely ignore any battles except Gods since I'm constantly profiting from them :).

JBirdman

The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg3841#msg3841
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:50 pm »

Right now I'm playing a version where I dropped all the Supernovas and instead took 1 more Quantum Tower and 1 Fallen Elf. So the total number of cards is 50. I like this smaller deck better because I have a better chance of getting Sundial at the right moment.
Scaredgirl, do you mean you dropped all Novas completely? Or do you mean that you are now back to using six Novas instead of six Supernovas?

I love your deck btw. :)

I had been playing the game for about a week and was it was getting kind of dull even after trying a few different dual decks.  I ran across your posts here, changed my mark to Time, sold off all my extra cards(about 50 of them) and made yours.  I saw quickly how much it owned the AI3 decks so I started playing against the False Gods with a good amount of success vs the easy/moderate gods.  I still get wasted by the hard ones so now I'm slowly winning and upgrading cards while playing vs AI3, and PvP which is so much fun.  I've already started experimenting on my own, changing the deck where I think it might help.  It's just so great because you get to see so many different creatures and abilities and it never becomes boring, each game is so unique now.  Thanks for keeping me in this game! :D

mdgreek

Re: The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg17190#msg17190
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »
Any implementation of some of the newer cards, or a random miracle tossed in?

Re: The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg24693#msg24693
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:54 am »
I love this set of forums... It's like I'm already there at your level..

Offline Spielkind

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Mess with the best - die like the rest!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The ULTIMATE False God killing deck - Elemental mastery against ALL False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=129.msg24779#msg24779
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:45 am »
SG, perhaps you edit the topic of this thread... which gameversion this deck is based on. Just in case ;-)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny rules the Earth.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation!

blarg: